980ti. PC not booting if monitor is not on. works fine as long as monitor is on.
So I've had this issue for about a year, but I have found a work around that works for me, but i'm still wondering if there is something i can do to keep it from happening. When I turn my PC on and the monitor is not on, the PC will not boot and beeps 6 times (video card error). When I turn on my PC and the Monitor is on, it boots fine and everything functions properly. Here are the things I have tried as of date. -I have reset the CMOS Batt and Bios on the mother board. -I have tried swapping the PCIe lane it was installed on to the opposite lane. -I have tried several different cables and ports.(I did seem to have some intermittent luck with the Display port over the HDMI port). But I don't have a DP that can output 60hz. -I have tried reinstalling Windows 10 and all Drivers. Any Ideas on how to fix this annoyance would be really great. Current Spec: Alienware Aurura R4 Windows 10 home edition i7-4820K @3.7 16G DDr4 Ram GTX 980 TI
So I've had this issue for about a year, but I have found a work around that works for me, but i'm still wondering if there is something i can do to keep it from happening.

When I turn my PC on and the monitor is not on, the PC will not boot and beeps 6 times (video card error).

When I turn on my PC and the Monitor is on, it boots fine and everything functions properly.

Here are the things I have tried as of date.

-I have reset the CMOS Batt and Bios on the mother board.

-I have tried swapping the PCIe lane it was installed on to the opposite lane.

-I have tried several different cables and ports.(I did seem to have some intermittent luck with the Display port over the HDMI port). But I don't have a DP that can output 60hz.

-I have tried reinstalling Windows 10 and all Drivers.

Any Ideas on how to fix this annoyance would be really great.

Current Spec:

Alienware Aurura R4
Windows 10 home edition
i7-4820K @3.7
16G DDr4 Ram
GTX 980 TI

Posted 12/06/2017 12:08 AM   
Scroll To Top