[G-SYNC] Games Crash upon entering matches
Hi there NVIDIA community! You are my best and last chance to help me figure out what is causing a major problem when using my G-Sync monitor. [b]First of all: My specs[/b] [b]Computer type: [/b]Desktop PC [b]CPU:[/b] Intel i7 3770k 4x @4.3 Ghz [b]GPU:[/b] EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0 [b]Mainboard:[/b] ASROCK Fatal1ty Z77 [b]RAM:[/b] 16GB DDR3 RAM [b]PSU:[/b] beQuiet! 1000W Power Supply [b]Monitor:[/b] ASUS ROG PG278Q 27" [b]OS:[/b] Windows 7 64bit [b]Now to my problem:[/b] When playing a game on my G-Sync monitor, the game crashes to a single colored screen upon entering it. That includes joining a Starcraft 2 match from the lobby, joining a match in various shooter games, and even opening up the NVIDIA ingame overlay for shadowplay. Here is an example of me switching the resolution to fullscreen, to demonstrate the problem (note, that the error also usually occurs when entering a game in windowed mode): [b]Gsync monitor (crash):[/b] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy29t6PAjrU [b]Non Gsync monitor (no crash):[/b] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RTPpzs4vUo [b]Troubleshooting:[/b] I did a clean installation of Windows 7 64 bit to make sure no programs would interfere, but the problem still occurs. I tried turning G-SYNC in the nvidia control panel off, without any results. I ran MSI's Kombustor for a long time to stress test my GPU - which resulted in no error. I really dont know what I can try to resolve this issue, maybe someone here knows what to do/what to try. To be fair, at this point I have no idea, wether it is my GPU, the display port cable or the monitor causing problems. If someone knows a possible solution, or can pinpoint the problem down so that I know where it is coming from, and is willing to share his/her information, I would so happy. [b]Thank you in advance, and greetings from Germany![/b]
Hi there NVIDIA community!

You are my best and last chance to help me figure out what is causing a major problem when using my G-Sync monitor.

First of all: My specs
Computer type: Desktop PC
CPU: Intel i7 3770k 4x @4.3 Ghz
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0
Mainboard: ASROCK Fatal1ty Z77
RAM: 16GB DDR3 RAM
PSU: beQuiet! 1000W Power Supply
Monitor: ASUS ROG PG278Q 27"

Now to my problem:
When playing a game on my G-Sync monitor, the game crashes to a single colored screen upon entering it. That includes joining a Starcraft 2 match from the lobby, joining a match in various shooter games, and even opening up the NVIDIA ingame overlay for shadowplay.
Here is an example of me switching the resolution to fullscreen, to demonstrate the problem (note, that the error also usually occurs when entering a game in windowed mode):

Gsync monitor (crash):

Non Gsync monitor (no crash):

Troubleshooting:
I did a clean installation of Windows 7 64 bit to make sure no programs would interfere, but the problem still occurs. I tried turning G-SYNC in the nvidia control panel off, without any results. I ran MSI's Kombustor for a long time to stress test my GPU - which resulted in no error.
I really dont know what I can try to resolve this issue, maybe someone here knows what to do/what to try. To be fair, at this point I have no idea, wether it is my GPU, the display port cable or the monitor causing problems.

If someone knows a possible solution, or can pinpoint the problem down so that I know where it is coming from, and is willing to share his/her information, I would so happy.

Thank you in advance, and greetings from Germany!

Posted 12/05/2017 01:45 PM   
Scroll To Top