HDMI not working - Driver 385.90
Hi All, I have a Dell Precision M6700 with nVidia K3000M. Running OS Win7 64 upodated to latest patches. I'm currently running the Driver 385.90. I'm quite sure that with previous driver 385.69 the HDMI was working OK. Today I needed for the time, after I installed the new driver few days ago, to connect an external monitor FullHD. I was surprised to find out that the HDMI was not working at all. Note: 1) Due to High Level CAD-CAM systems running on my Leptop, I disable the Interl Graphic Board. 2) Due to a problem with one of the applications I cannot get back to 385.69 driver. Please let me know if there is any solution for this problem. Many thanks. Paolo
Hi All,
I have a Dell Precision M6700 with nVidia K3000M. Running OS Win7 64 upodated to latest patches.
I'm currently running the Driver 385.90.
I'm quite sure that with previous driver 385.69 the HDMI was working OK.
Today I needed for the time, after I installed the new driver few days ago, to connect an external monitor FullHD.
I was surprised to find out that the HDMI was not working at all.
Note:
1) Due to High Level CAD-CAM systems running on my Leptop, I disable the Interl Graphic Board.
2) Due to a problem with one of the applications I cannot get back to 385.69 driver.

Please let me know if there is any solution for this problem.
Many thanks.
Paolo

Posted 12/04/2017 11:04 AM   
. [quote]2) Due to a problem with one of the applications I cannot get back to 385.69 driver.[/quote] Then you are likely at a Stand still. The DELL M6700 uses Certified drivers. The driver they have listed is the 327.62 <----You will not find that on the NVIDIA download site. Some of these Units, the Intel controls the external ports. Hence, ""I disabled the Intel Graphics Board"" and ""I was surprised to find out that the HDMI was not working at all."" seems like it may just be linked. Laptops are not designed to work forever and support generally stops after 6 months with an expectation of the unit being replaced in 2 years. WorkStation units aren't much different. There is a way to Bypass driver locked software. .

2) Due to a problem with one of the applications I cannot get back to 385.69 driver.
Then you are likely at a Stand still.

The DELL M6700 uses Certified drivers. The driver they have listed is the 327.62 <----You will not find that on the NVIDIA download site.

Some of these Units, the Intel controls the external ports. Hence, ""I disabled the Intel Graphics Board"" and ""I was surprised to find out that the HDMI was not working at all."" seems like it may just be linked.

Laptops are not designed to work forever and support generally stops after 6 months with an expectation of the unit being replaced in 2 years.

WorkStation units aren't much different.

There is a way to Bypass driver locked software.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 12/04/2017 01:53 PM   
Thanks for the answer. When I went, few days ago on the nVideo Download area, the latest driver available for my Graphic Board was the 385.90. I expect than when I driver is released, and marked as supporting a specific graphic board model, I expect that it should work at best. Any solution? Please let me know. Many thanks. Paolo
Thanks for the answer.
When I went, few days ago on the nVideo Download area, the latest driver available for my Graphic Board was the 385.90.
I expect than when I driver is released, and marked as supporting a specific graphic board model, I expect that it should work at best.

Any solution?

Please let me know.
Many thanks.
Paolo

Posted 12/04/2017 03:26 PM   
[quote]I disable the Interl Graphic Board.[/quote] You must disable Optimus within the laptop's BIOS prior to doing so, else you will run into the issue you have described above. This; of course, "IF" you did not opt to have the IPS monitor installed on your laptop. If so then there will not be an option to disable the APU's outputs.
I disable the Interl Graphic Board.

You must disable Optimus within the laptop's BIOS prior to doing so, else you will run into the issue you have described above.

This; of course, "IF" you did not opt to have the IPS monitor installed on your laptop.
If so then there will not be an option to disable the APU's outputs.

Facebook PC parts Trade/Sales page

Help fight Cancer, Diabetes, Neuro-degenerative, and other disease's while you sleep!
MS-Physics (Thermal Dynamics)/BA-IT/BS-Electronic Engineering
Asus and MSI mobile service center

My main rig:
100% Hard-line Custom liquid Cooled
OS- Win8.1 x64
CPU- i7-4790k @ 4.8Ghz 1.289v (Turbo OFF) Liquid Cooled
RAM-16GB TEAM Xtreme DDR3 @ 2400Mhz (9-12-11-30)1.625v
Motherboard- Gigabyte Z97X Gamer GT (vF6)
Main Graphics- 2-way SLI EVGA GTX1070 (v385.41)
OS SSD: 3x 240Gb Kingston HyperX 3K RAID 0 = 720Gb
Game SSDs- 3x 240Gb Mushkin Reactors (D,E,F drives)
Backup HDD- 3Tb Seagate Cuda (ST3000DM001)
Power Supply- Corsair RM-1000i
3x Surround Samsung 27" via DP (7680 x 1440p)

Radio Server/ Scientific Simulator
CPU1- Xeon X5650 6C/12T @ 3.2Ghz (locked)
CPU2- Xeon X5650 6C/12T @ 3.2Ghz (locked)
Motherboard- Asus Z8PE-D12X
RAM- G-Skill RipJaws 24Gb (6x4Gb) DDR3 @ 1600Mhz Cas8 1.5v
Graphics- GTX780 + GTX560 (v347.88)
HDDs- WD RED 3TB (3x3TB) Raid 0= 9TB +1 3Tb back up
PSU- Corsair CX750M
Monitor- 768p Dell P.O.S via DVI-I

STILL working Nvidia GPUs-
FX5200,FX5700,6800GT,7900GT(x2),8800GTS(x2),9800GTX,
GTX275(x2),GTX285(x2),GTX295(x2),GTX470(x3),GTX480,
GTX660ti(x3),GTX770(x3),GTX780,GTX1050ti,GTX1070(x2)

HWbot Overclocking results

OVERCLOCKING LEAGUE RANKING
Worldwide: #1771 out of 51912
Extreme League: #1255 out of 2826
National: #213 of 20048 in United States
Team: #70 of 3166 in Overclock.net

Posted 12/04/2017 09:30 PM   
Are you trying to use the quadro performance driver?
Are you trying to use the quadro performance driver?

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 12/05/2017 01:16 AM   
. [quote="Paolo Betti"]I expect than when I driver is released, and marked as supporting a specific graphic board model, I expect that it should work at best.[/quote] [quote]For Quadro Notebook: This is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs.[color="orange"] However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for[u] issues that arise from the use of this driver[/u].[/color][/quote] One of those issues is Early Death. The Generic Drivers can cause issues with the Power | Thermal thresholds. .

Paolo Betti said:I expect than when I driver is released, and marked as supporting a specific graphic board model, I expect that it should work at best.

For Quadro Notebook:
This is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.
One of those issues is Early Death.

The Generic Drivers can cause issues with the Power | Thermal thresholds.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

Posted 12/05/2017 01:27 AM   
Hi Friends, I disabled Optimus option in the BIOS. But, still, the problem is there. Honestly, I always had Dell Laptops in the last years and I never had problems like this. I never had problems, installing a most updated nVidia Drivers. This is the first time I'm facing this kind of missing working HDMI port. I was not able to find in the BIOS any raw related to HDMI port. I'm planning to uninstall the driver from the Control Panel, than reboot, and then install again the same driver or maybe I will try to go back to previous 385.69 and see what happens. Many thanks for the helps. Best Regards
Hi Friends,
I disabled Optimus option in the BIOS.
But, still, the problem is there.
Honestly, I always had Dell Laptops in the last years and I never had problems like this.
I never had problems, installing a most updated nVidia Drivers.
This is the first time I'm facing this kind of missing working HDMI port.
I was not able to find in the BIOS any raw related to HDMI port.

I'm planning to uninstall the driver from the Control Panel, than reboot, and then install again the same driver or maybe I will try to go back to previous 385.69 and see what happens.

Many thanks for the helps.
Best Regards

Posted 12/06/2017 11:30 AM   
. Use this [url=https://www.wagnardsoft.com/DDU/download/DDU%20v17.0.7.5.exe]program[/url] to remove the old drivers. But earlier you stated that you ""disabled the Intel Graphics Board"" which I assume was in DEVICE MANAGER. Did you try re-enabling before going into the BIOS? .

Use this program to remove the old drivers.

But earlier you stated that you ""disabled the Intel Graphics Board"" which I assume was in DEVICE MANAGER. Did you try re-enabling before going into the BIOS?

Posted 12/06/2017 01:13 PM   
Hi, I used the program to uninstall all old drivers. Then I installed again the 385.90. HDMI still not working but, now the Diplay Port is working just fine. So I have an alternative using an adaptor DP to HDMI. It could be that the HDMI port itself could be broken. Many thanks.
Hi,
I used the program to uninstall all old drivers. Then I installed again the 385.90.
HDMI still not working but, now the Diplay Port is working just fine.
So I have an alternative using an adaptor DP to HDMI.
It could be that the HDMI port itself could be broken.

Many thanks.

Posted 12/06/2017 02:50 PM   
. Well I know that the 385.xx seires drivers for the GEFORCE series are a problem. They are not the same as the Quadro, but... :) You might try going back one more set. There are several between the 2 versions you are mentioning. Try using the 377.xx series .

Well I know that the 385.xx seires drivers for the GEFORCE series are a problem. They are not the same as the Quadro, but... :)

You might try going back one more set. There are several between the 2 versions you are mentioning.

Try using the 377.xx series

Posted 12/06/2017 06:27 PM   
Scroll To Top