GTX 1070 - Not displaying through DP port
Hey, I've recently bought a new monitor (Dell S2716DG) and when I plug in my DP cable from the GPU into the monitor it doesn't display anything and just goes to sleep. The monitor works fine using HDMI and it detects there is a monitor connected using DP but it appears to be unable to use it. Has anyone had any issues with this and knows how I can fix it? I really want that silky smooth g-sync goodness!
Hey,

I've recently bought a new monitor (Dell S2716DG) and when I plug in my DP cable from the GPU into the monitor it doesn't display anything and just goes to sleep. The monitor works fine using HDMI and it detects there is a monitor connected using DP but it appears to be unable to use it.

Has anyone had any issues with this and knows how I can fix it? I really want that silky smooth g-sync goodness!

Posted 12/04/2017 09:50 AM   
. G-Sync, I believe, is available through both HDMI and DP as the monitor does not say anything different. Are you sure the DP cable is securely in the port? Make sure it is Clicking in and requires the unlock button to remove. Make sure the 1070 is securely seated in the motherboard PCIe slot. This monitor also has a Driver listed at DELL for Windows 10. .

G-Sync, I believe, is available through both HDMI and DP as the monitor does not say anything different.

Are you sure the DP cable is securely in the port? Make sure it is Clicking in and requires the unlock button to remove.

Make sure the 1070 is securely seated in the motherboard PCIe slot.

This monitor also has a Driver listed at DELL for Windows 10.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 12/04/2017 01:28 PM   
if its not clicked in, the hotplug pin won't signal the port to negotiate the screen link.
if its not clicked in, the hotplug pin won't signal the port to negotiate the screen link.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 12/05/2017 01:15 AM   
Scroll To Top