GTX 970 experiencing artifacts and pc freeze
I recently have been having a problem with my gaming pc getting artifacts while under load (playing a game). I play racing games and the game I have been playing lately is Forza Motorsport 7 (it's a play anywhere game) although I have had it happen in others as well. I will be playing anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes and some aspects of the track will turn white and than the pc freezes up to the point that I have to manually turn off the machine. I wait a few minutes than reboot and all is fine as if nothing ever happened until I try to play the game again than the same happens. The 1st and most obvious thought is that the GPU is failing or it could also be a bad power supply or even CPU failure. I have put the machine through various stress tests using BurnInTest and MSI Kombuster only to come away with a passing grade on all components. I even had a mobile tech come to the house to do a diagnostic only to come up with the same results. All my drivers are up to date I have even removed all of the previous drivers and did a fresh install of the most current Nvidia drivers. My windows is up to date as well although this started to happen before the creator update. I’m at a loss on how to proceed and any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Rig specs: Windows 10 home Intel i5 4670 3.40 ghz 16 gig ram Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 MSI 787-G45 Gaming mobo
I recently have been having a problem with my gaming pc getting artifacts while under load (playing a game). I play racing games and the game I have been playing lately is Forza Motorsport 7 (it's a play anywhere game) although I have had it happen in others as well. I will be playing anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes and some aspects of the track will turn white and than the pc freezes up to the point that I have to manually turn off the machine. I wait a few minutes than reboot and all is fine as if nothing ever happened until I try to play the game again than the same happens. The 1st and most obvious thought is that the GPU is failing or it could also be a bad power supply or even CPU failure. I have put the machine through various stress tests using BurnInTest and MSI Kombuster only to come away with a passing grade on all components. I even had a mobile tech come to the house to do a diagnostic only to come up with the same results. All my drivers are up to date I have even removed all of the previous drivers and did a fresh install of the most current Nvidia drivers. My windows is up to date as well although this started to happen before the creator update. I’m at a loss on how to proceed and any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Rig specs:

Windows 10 home
Intel i5 4670 3.40 ghz
16 gig ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 970
MSI 787-G45 Gaming mobo

Posted 12/03/2017 08:29 AM   
Scroll To Top