Low fps due to low GPU usage
Hey, So I'm expericing low FPS by default no matter what I play which is not ok but still acceptable. I can live with 40~50 fps its not that bad and I don't really care even if my PC stands the requirements and my friend's trash 7 years old PC get 70 FPS more than me. Anyways I get random framedrops for the reason I stated in the title, I tried everything in order to fix this and I'm experincing this issue for almost 6 months and I don't know what to do. In my point of view and my experince the only solution is to buy a new PC and smash this one with a hammer and flash it down in the toilet. I want to state that while the framedrops happen my laptop is not overheating, I also have a coolpad plugged. I'm not playing on my battery. I disabled every useless trash microsoft app from my computer including nuking xbox live via powershell. disabling GameDVR via the registry. Setting up maximum power mode + high performance nividia processor in the global settings and doing so for every game I play. disabling fast start up. no other software is running in the background As you see Iv'e done so many things and none of them change the situation for the better. I also have a video to describe the situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEwB622OpQ4 framedrops starts at 2:40 if you want to skip half of the video To clarify my laptop is decent enough to run any game and not a potato here is my specs: Intel Core i7-4720HQ CPU 2.60GHz 16 GB RAM SSD 256GB Nividia GeForce GTX 960m Lenovo Y50-70 And to recap, besides videogames the computer runs great and smootly and fast and I even use it for work but I'm only limited to that even if its a "gamers brand" its doing a terrible job and I can't play anything. the framedrops are random only to the reason in the title and nothing else is casuing it...or it isn't? btw I don't want to revert back to windows 8.1, it can't be the only solution and I also can't since during one of the windows 10 updates it deleted the windows.old folder. either way I don't want to go back to 8.1 while others can play on windows 10 without any issues. Please help me I'm so desprate:(
Hey,
So I'm expericing low FPS by default no matter what I play which is not ok but still acceptable. I can live with 40~50 fps its not that bad and I don't really care even if my PC stands the requirements and my friend's trash 7 years old PC get 70 FPS more than me.

Anyways I get random framedrops for the reason I stated in the title, I tried everything in order to fix this and I'm experincing this issue for almost 6 months and I don't know what to do.
In my point of view and my experince the only solution is to buy a new PC and smash this one with a hammer and flash it down in the toilet.

I want to state that while the framedrops happen my laptop is not overheating, I also have a coolpad plugged. I'm not playing on my battery. I disabled every useless trash microsoft app from my computer including nuking xbox live via powershell. disabling GameDVR via the registry. Setting up maximum power mode + high performance nividia processor in the global settings and doing so for every game I play. disabling fast start up. no other software is running in the background
As you see Iv'e done so many things and none of them change the situation for the better.

I also have a video to describe the situation:

framedrops starts at 2:40 if you want to skip half of the video

To clarify my laptop is decent enough to run any game and not a potato here is my specs:
Intel Core i7-4720HQ CPU 2.60GHz
16 GB RAM
SSD 256GB
Nividia GeForce GTX 960m
Lenovo Y50-70

And to recap, besides videogames the computer runs great and smootly and fast and I even use it for work but I'm only limited to that even if its a "gamers brand" its doing a terrible job and I can't play anything. the framedrops are random only to the reason in the title and nothing else is casuing it...or it isn't?

btw I don't want to revert back to windows 8.1, it can't be the only solution and I also can't since during one of the windows 10 updates it deleted the windows.old folder. either way I don't want to go back to 8.1 while others can play on windows 10 without any issues.

Please help me I'm so desprate:(

Posted 12/02/2017 02:40 AM   
You have a laptop; you should not attempt to "update" the driver [b]or OS[/b] unless it is specifically listed on the [u]manufacturer's website[/u] under your [u]exact model#[/u]. If not, then issues such as yours (or much worse) will arise. This is because the OEM manufacturer is the manufacturer of the graphics device (card); not Nvidia, which only produces the physical "chip" to these manufacturers. Vram, PCB, VRM, trace, and cooling are all designed by the OEM manufacturer; thus is considered as "proprietary" hardware. In which; has it's own thermal and power limits that can be effected with use of 3rd party (vanilla) drivers and can damage or lower the performance of the hardware. [quote]Run [url=http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html]DDU[/url] to uninstall the "updated" Vanilla driver pack and install the driver via the [u]laptop manufacturer's website[/u] under your exact model#. Mobile units are not like their desktop cousins; thus cannot be treated as such. When using mobile platforms you want to ALWAYS use manufacturer approved drivers as they are often modified for use with your proprietary hardware; as well as, fit within your machines power and thermal limits. Do Not allow GFE or Windows to install your drivers for you. As stated within the Nvidia driver patch notes since R304: [quote] [color="orange"]"This is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver."[/color] [/quote] <<<Most Important>>> [b]"IF" your laptop model does not list Windows 10 drivers/Bios available for your exact model# on [u]the "manufacturer's website"[/u] then revert back to the OEM OS!![/b] (Also stated within #8 of the [url=https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/759841/professional-forum-etiquette-lt-please-read/]Forum Sticky[/url]) -Download both the Nvidia driver "AND" the Intel driver found on [u]Manufacturer's site[/u] (not here, not via GFE) under your "specific" model# laptop and save them to desktop. -Download/install [url=http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/]DDU[/url] -Disable Automatic updates (switch off your wifi) [u]if on Win10[/u] -Run DDU completely removing [u]BOTH[/u] the Intel and Nvidia drivers (in safe mode) -Reboot when asked -Keeping wifi disabled (again; [u]"IF"[/u] on Win10) install the Intel Driver pack [b][u](required)[/u][/b] as the Intel drivers must be fully functional [u]"prior"[/u] to installing the Nvidia graphics drivers. -Reboot when complete -Then install the Nvidia driver pack -Reboot -Re-enable WiFi / Disable Automatic updates and alerts from GFE ([u]only install drivers located on the manufacturer's website[/u]) [/quote] [/quote] [b]If the above does not remedy the issue then there is a "hardware" or "OS" issue.[/b] [quote]I update the driver because it's look like very outdated (the old driver version is 368.xx) when i buy this laptop 2 months ago, and to play some new game, the games required an updated driver for my GPU. [/quote] If you ever run in to a game/application which states that you need to "update" you driver then: Go to: C:\windows\system32\ Search for: nvapi64.dll and rename it to something else like: nvapi64_.dll which will bypass the check.
You have a laptop; you should not attempt to "update" the driver or OS unless it is specifically listed on the manufacturer's website under your exact model#. If not, then issues such as yours (or much worse) will arise.

This is because the OEM manufacturer is the manufacturer of the graphics device (card); not Nvidia, which only produces the physical "chip" to these manufacturers. Vram, PCB, VRM, trace, and cooling are all designed by the OEM manufacturer; thus is considered as "proprietary" hardware. In which; has it's own thermal and power limits that can be effected with use of 3rd party (vanilla) drivers and can damage or lower the performance of the hardware.

Run DDU to uninstall the "updated" Vanilla driver pack and install the driver via the laptop manufacturer's website under your exact model#. Mobile units are not like their desktop cousins; thus cannot be treated as such. When using mobile platforms you want to ALWAYS use manufacturer approved drivers as they are often modified for use with your proprietary hardware; as well as, fit within your machines power and thermal limits. Do Not allow GFE or Windows to install your drivers for you.

As stated within the Nvidia driver patch notes since R304:

"This is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver."

<<<Most Important>>>
"IF" your laptop model does not list Windows 10 drivers/Bios available for your exact model# on the "manufacturer's website" then revert back to the OEM OS!! (Also stated within #8 of the Forum Sticky)

-Download both the Nvidia driver "AND" the Intel driver found on Manufacturer's site (not here, not via GFE) under your "specific" model# laptop and save them to desktop.
-Download/install DDU
-Disable Automatic updates (switch off your wifi) if on Win10
-Run DDU completely removing BOTH the Intel and Nvidia drivers (in safe mode)
-Reboot when asked
-Keeping wifi disabled (again; "IF" on Win10) install the Intel Driver pack (required) as the Intel drivers must be fully functional "prior" to installing the Nvidia graphics drivers.
-Reboot when complete
-Then install the Nvidia driver pack
-Reboot
-Re-enable WiFi / Disable Automatic updates and alerts from GFE (only install drivers located on the manufacturer's website)

If the above does not remedy the issue then there is a "hardware" or "OS" issue.

I update the driver because it's look like very outdated (the old driver version is 368.xx) when i buy this laptop 2 months ago, and to play some new game, the games required an updated driver for my GPU.

If you ever run in to a game/application which states that you need to "update" you driver then:
Go to: C:\windows\system32\
Search for: nvapi64.dll and rename it to something else like: nvapi64_.dll
which will bypass the check.

Facebook PC parts Trade/Sales page

Help fight Cancer, Diabetes, Neuro-degenerative, and other disease's while you sleep!

MS-Physics (Thermal Dynamics)/BA-IT/BS-Electronic Engineering
Asus,HP/CQ,MSI,Toshiba mobile service center

My main rig:
OS- Win8.1 x64
CPU- i7-4790k @ 4.8Ghz 1.289v (Turbo OFF) Liquid Cooled
RAM-16GB TEAM Xtreme DDR3 @ 2400Mhz (9-12-11-30)1.625v
Motherboard- Gigabyte Z97X Gamer GT
Main Graphics- 2-way SLI EVGA GTX1070
Power Supply- Corsair RM-1000i
3X Surround Samsung 27" (7680 x 1440p)

Radio Server/ Scientific Simulator
CPU1- Xeon X5650 @ 3.2Ghz (locked)
CPU2- Xeon X5650 @ 3.2Ghz (locked)
Motherboard- Asus Z8PE-D12X
RAM- G-Skill RipJaws 24Gb (6x4Gb) DDR3 @ 1600Mhz Cas8
Graphics- GTX780 + GTX560
HDDs- WD RED 3TB (3x3TB) Raid 0= 9TB +1 3Tb back up
PSU- Corsair CX750M
Monitor- 768p Dell P.O.S

STILL working Nvidia GPUs-FX5200,FX5700,6800GT,7900GT(x2),8800GTS(x2),9800GTX,GTX275(x2),GTX285(x2),GTX295(x2),GTX470(x3),GTX480,GTX660ti(x3)GTX770(x3)HWbot Overclocking results

OVERCLOCKING LEAGUE RANKING
Worldwide: #1771 out of 51912
Extreme League: #1255 out of 2826
National: #213 of 20048 in United States
Team: #70 of 3166 in Overclock.net

Posted 12/02/2017 04:18 AM   
But I can't revert back to windows 8.1 I wish I could. one of the windows 10 updates deleted the windows.old folder
But I can't revert back to windows 8.1 I wish I could. one of the windows 10 updates deleted the windows.old folder

Posted 12/02/2017 09:45 AM   
Download the [url=https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8ISO]Win8.1 ISO[/url] from Microsoft (Free),save the ISO to a blank USB stick (minimum of 4Gb), and install it using the Windows Key found on the bottom of your laptop. [img]https://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/272354037385-0-1/s-l1000.jpg[/img]
Download the Win8.1 ISO from Microsoft (Free),save the ISO to a blank USB stick (minimum of 4Gb), and install it using the Windows Key found on the bottom of your laptop.

Facebook PC parts Trade/Sales page

Help fight Cancer, Diabetes, Neuro-degenerative, and other disease's while you sleep!

MS-Physics (Thermal Dynamics)/BA-IT/BS-Electronic Engineering
Asus,HP/CQ,MSI,Toshiba mobile service center

My main rig:
OS- Win8.1 x64
CPU- i7-4790k @ 4.8Ghz 1.289v (Turbo OFF) Liquid Cooled
RAM-16GB TEAM Xtreme DDR3 @ 2400Mhz (9-12-11-30)1.625v
Motherboard- Gigabyte Z97X Gamer GT
Main Graphics- 2-way SLI EVGA GTX1070
Power Supply- Corsair RM-1000i
3X Surround Samsung 27" (7680 x 1440p)

Radio Server/ Scientific Simulator
CPU1- Xeon X5650 @ 3.2Ghz (locked)
CPU2- Xeon X5650 @ 3.2Ghz (locked)
Motherboard- Asus Z8PE-D12X
RAM- G-Skill RipJaws 24Gb (6x4Gb) DDR3 @ 1600Mhz Cas8
Graphics- GTX780 + GTX560
HDDs- WD RED 3TB (3x3TB) Raid 0= 9TB +1 3Tb back up
PSU- Corsair CX750M
Monitor- 768p Dell P.O.S

STILL working Nvidia GPUs-FX5200,FX5700,6800GT,7900GT(x2),8800GTS(x2),9800GTX,GTX275(x2),GTX285(x2),GTX295(x2),GTX470(x3),GTX480,GTX660ti(x3)GTX770(x3)HWbot Overclocking results

OVERCLOCKING LEAGUE RANKING
Worldwide: #1771 out of 51912
Extreme League: #1255 out of 2826
National: #213 of 20048 in United States
Team: #70 of 3166 in Overclock.net

Posted 12/02/2017 08:07 PM   
Ok so I found the right update for windows 10 for my gpu but it wont let me install it http://oi64.tinypic.com/2dkbgv4.jpg Now what?
Ok so I found the right update for windows 10 for my gpu but it wont let me install it

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2dkbgv4.jpg

Now what?

Posted 12/03/2017 06:49 PM   
Scroll To Top