Official SHIELD Tablet K1 Software Upgrade 5.3 Feedback Thread (Released 11/30/17)
  1 / 2    
SHIELD TABLET K1 SOFTWARE UPGRADE 5.3 This update for SHIELD Tablet K1 contains important system enhancements & bug fixes, including: ∙ Addresses WIFI vulnerabilities (KRACK & Broadpwn) ∙ Fixes connectivity issues with Zagg Bluetooth keyboards ∙ Overall system stability & security optimizations ∙ Update to Android Security Patch Level November 5, 2017
SHIELD TABLET K1 SOFTWARE UPGRADE 5.3
This update for SHIELD Tablet K1 contains important system enhancements & bug fixes, including:
∙ Addresses WIFI vulnerabilities (KRACK & Broadpwn)
∙ Fixes connectivity issues with Zagg Bluetooth keyboards
∙ Overall system stability & security optimizations
∙ Update to Android Security Patch Level November 5, 2017

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 11/30/2017 05:05 PM   
If you encounter a bug, we ask that you provide a feedback from your SHIELD Tablet K1 so that we can review the logs to help us determine the cause for the issue. To submit a feedback from your device, first reproduce the bug -> then from the SHIELD Tablet K1 home go into Settings -> About Tablet -> Send feedback to NVIDIA. Be sure to include your GeForce forums username in the Comments section or email address so that we can reach out to you if we have additional questions. [u][b]Issues and updates:[/b][/u]
If you encounter a bug, we ask that you provide a feedback from your SHIELD Tablet K1 so that we can review the logs to help us determine the cause for the issue. To submit a feedback from your device, first reproduce the bug -> then from the SHIELD Tablet K1 home go into Settings -> About Tablet -> Send feedback to NVIDIA. Be sure to include your GeForce forums username in the Comments section or email address so that we can reach out to you if we have additional questions.

Issues and updates:

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

Posted 11/30/2017 05:06 PM   
Nvidia is the best
Nvidia is the best

Posted 11/30/2017 08:20 PM   
Just completed update......after update tablet seemed laggy......seems fine now.....bout 10 mins later....will report back if problem persists EDIT1.....been 2 hours and still running buttery smooth..... But I don't think it has had a chance to go to deep sleep either.....will also report in the morning EDIT2.....has been enough time to go to deep sleep and still smooth so I say update successful!
Just completed update......after update tablet seemed laggy......seems fine now.....bout 10 mins later....will report back if problem persists
EDIT1.....been 2 hours and still running buttery smooth..... But I don't think it has had a chance to go to deep sleep either.....will also report in the morning
EDIT2.....has been enough time to go to deep sleep and still smooth so I say update successful!

Posted 11/30/2017 10:58 PM   
Updated and given plenty of time for Android to do it's stuff and everything working as it should. Ok Oreo would've been nice but to support a product this long is excellent .Thanks for the security updates Nvidia .Best support ever .I own an original Shield TV pro too.love the support .New Tablet releases I'm on it ,you've earned my loyalty .
Updated and given plenty of time for Android to do it's stuff and everything working as it should. Ok Oreo would've been nice but to support a product this long is excellent .Thanks for the security updates Nvidia .Best support ever .I own an original Shield TV pro too.love the support .New Tablet releases I'm on it ,you've earned my loyalty .

Posted 12/01/2017 01:27 AM   
[quote="hubmaster080"]Just completed update......after update tablet seemed laggy......seems fine now.....bout 10 mins later....will report back if problem persists EDIT1.....been 2 hours and still running buttery smooth..... But I don't think it has had a chance to go to deep sleep either.....will also report in the morning EDIT2.....has been enough time to go to deep sleep and still smooth so I say update successful![/quote] Yay! :)
hubmaster080 said:Just completed update......after update tablet seemed laggy......seems fine now.....bout 10 mins later....will report back if problem persists
EDIT1.....been 2 hours and still running buttery smooth..... But I don't think it has had a chance to go to deep sleep either.....will also report in the morning
EDIT2.....has been enough time to go to deep sleep and still smooth so I say update successful!

Yay! :)

Posted 12/01/2017 06:17 PM   
[quote="Cliffmonster1"]Updated and given plenty of time for Android to do it's stuff and everything working as it should. Ok Oreo would've been nice but to support a product this long is excellent .Thanks for the security updates Nvidia .Best support ever .I own an original Shield TV pro too.love the support .New Tablet releases I'm on it ,you've earned my loyalty .[/quote] Thank you for being a SHIELD customer. Happy the update is running smoothly and thanks for the feedback.
Cliffmonster1 said:Updated and given plenty of time for Android to do it's stuff and everything working as it should. Ok Oreo would've been nice but to support a product this long is excellent .Thanks for the security updates Nvidia .Best support ever .I own an original Shield TV pro too.love the support .New Tablet releases I'm on it ,you've earned my loyalty .

Thank you for being a SHIELD customer. Happy the update is running smoothly and thanks for the feedback.

Posted 12/01/2017 06:19 PM   
Hi Manuel. Is Trine 2 not opening since version 5.2 considered a bug? Weird that it's even part of the system app. In any case, 5.3 feels more fluid. Though there are occasional laggy wake up from sleep. This part has been solved already in 5.2
Hi Manuel. Is Trine 2 not opening since version 5.2 considered a bug? Weird that it's even part of the system app.

In any case, 5.3 feels more fluid. Though there are occasional laggy wake up from sleep. This part has been solved already in 5.2

Posted 12/02/2017 10:08 AM   
Hi guys I have a bit of an issue since I updated to 5.3 two days ago The tablet works perfectly fine, except charging does not. The tablet charges extremely slowly compared to before (5-6 hours estimate) and builds up a lot of heat while doing so. I've tried multiple cables and chargers (that has worked fine for years) Any idea how to sort this? I kind of wanna roll back to 5.2 and see if that works Cheers Andy
Hi guys

I have a bit of an issue since I updated to 5.3 two days ago

The tablet works perfectly fine, except charging does not. The tablet charges extremely slowly compared to before (5-6 hours estimate) and builds up a lot of heat while doing so.

I've tried multiple cables and chargers (that has worked fine for years)

Any idea how to sort this? I kind of wanna roll back to 5.2 and see if that works

Cheers
Andy

Posted 12/02/2017 01:42 PM   
Have you performed factory reset?
Have you performed factory reset?

Posted 12/02/2017 03:12 PM   
[quote="AquaticImages"]Hi guys I have a bit of an issue since I updated to 5.3 two days ago The tablet works perfectly fine, except charging does not. The tablet charges extremely slowly compared to before (5-6 hours estimate) and builds up a lot of heat while doing so. I've tried multiple cables and chargers (that has worked fine for years) Any idea how to sort this? I kind of wanna roll back to 5.2 and see if that works Cheers Andy[/quote] Don't perform factory reset just yet esp if you have important data and app settings there. If you're on custom recovery, perform cache and dalvik wipes then reboot. If not, go to system updates and reset data there then perform system reboot. Usually it takes a while before the tablet could get smooth again after a new update esp if it has undergone heavy mods. If the problem is persistent, no choice but factory reset. :P good luck
AquaticImages said:Hi guys

I have a bit of an issue since I updated to 5.3 two days ago

The tablet works perfectly fine, except charging does not. The tablet charges extremely slowly compared to before (5-6 hours estimate) and builds up a lot of heat while doing so.

I've tried multiple cables and chargers (that has worked fine for years)

Any idea how to sort this? I kind of wanna roll back to 5.2 and see if that works

Cheers
Andy

Don't perform factory reset just yet esp if you have important data and app settings there.

If you're on custom recovery, perform cache and dalvik wipes then reboot. If not, go to system updates and reset data there then perform system reboot.

Usually it takes a while before the tablet could get smooth again after a new update esp if it has undergone heavy mods.

If the problem is persistent, no choice but factory reset. :P good luck

Posted 12/02/2017 10:49 PM   
Hello Everyone, Tonight I tried updating my K1 after receiving the ota prompt. It downloaded the update and I started the update process. About 10 mins went by and I checked my K1 and it was frozen on the Nvidia logo screen. I looked up online to see how long it takes to update and I read about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes I went back and checked it again. It was still frozen on the logo screen. I went and plugged it into the charger and left it for a little while to see if it would finish. I came back about 3 hours later and it was still frozen on the logo screen and the tablet was quite warm. I looked up online to see if anything could have gone wrong and if there was a fix for it and I couldn't find anything. I shut the tablet down and restarted it. It loaded at the logo screen and then the screen went blank and then the little Android came up with a triangle on its stomach and said error. I shut down the tablet again and restarted it again. This time it loaded as if it was a brand new tablet. Somehow the error that I got cause the tablet to fully reset. I was able to retrieve my backup off of Google. I have not used the tablet yet to see how well it performs so I will update that when I get a chance. I hope that there is nothing wrong with the tablet because you can't buy these anymore. I love this tablet to death.
Hello Everyone,

Tonight I tried updating my K1 after receiving the ota prompt. It downloaded the update and I started the update process. About 10 mins went by and I checked my K1 and it was frozen on the Nvidia logo screen. I looked up online to see how long it takes to update and I read about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes I went back and checked it again. It was still frozen on the logo screen. I went and plugged it into the charger and left it for a little while to see if it would finish. I came back about 3 hours later and it was still frozen on the logo screen and the tablet was quite warm. I looked up online to see if anything could have gone wrong and if there was a fix for it and I couldn't find anything. I shut the tablet down and restarted it. It loaded at the logo screen and then the screen went blank and then the little Android came up with a triangle on its stomach and said error. I shut down the tablet again and restarted it again. This time it loaded as if it was a brand new tablet. Somehow the error that I got cause the tablet to fully reset. I was able to retrieve my backup off of Google. I have not used the tablet yet to see how well it performs so I will update that when I get a chance. I hope that there is nothing wrong with the tablet because you can't buy these anymore. I love this tablet to death.

Posted 12/03/2017 04:56 AM   
I updated to 5.3 and did not experience any immediate issues. My K1 is not my primary tablet, so it is usually powered off when I'm at work. Tonight, after using the device and leaving it alone for a few hours, I noticed that the device woke from sleep and displayed the Nvidia boot screen. I assumed it was rebooting for some reason (I've noticed it do this in the past and didn't think much of it). I left it alone for about 20 minutes to see what would happen. During that time, I noticed that the boot did not complete. When I checked the device, it was very warm. A few minutes later, the device finished booting. A few minutes after that, I noticed that the time was not updating and that the device had frozen. I rebooting manually (holding down power button). As I was troubleshooting, the device froze again. I put the device in the freezer for a minute to cool it down, thinking the heat might be an issue. I booted again and tried to enter settings to send Nvidia feedback. While going through the process, the device froze again. After rebooting, I decided to test how long I could use the device before it froze. In my tests, I can use it for about 2 minutes before it freezes. Strangely, I can only get to the second prompt in the Nvidia feedback process before the device freezes. Please advise. EDIT: The usable time is arbitrary. I just tried again, and the device froze after 10 seconds. EDIT 2: Culprit is the SD card. I removed it and the device is functional again. Shame, all of my apps were on that card. Separate tablets refuse to format the card.
I updated to 5.3 and did not experience any immediate issues. My K1 is not my primary tablet, so it is usually powered off when I'm at work.

Tonight, after using the device and leaving it alone for a few hours, I noticed that the device woke from sleep and displayed the Nvidia boot screen. I assumed it was rebooting for some reason (I've noticed it do this in the past and didn't think much of it). I left it alone for about 20 minutes to see what would happen.

During that time, I noticed that the boot did not complete. When I checked the device, it was very warm. A few minutes later, the device finished booting. A few minutes after that, I noticed that the time was not updating and that the device had frozen. I rebooting manually (holding down power button).

As I was troubleshooting, the device froze again. I put the device in the freezer for a minute to cool it down, thinking the heat might be an issue. I booted again and tried to enter settings to send Nvidia feedback. While going through the process, the device froze again.

After rebooting, I decided to test how long I could use the device before it froze. In my tests, I can use it for about 2 minutes before it freezes. Strangely, I can only get to the second prompt in the Nvidia feedback process before the device freezes.

Please advise.

EDIT: The usable time is arbitrary. I just tried again, and the device froze after 10 seconds.

EDIT 2: Culprit is the SD card. I removed it and the device is functional again. Shame, all of my apps were on that card. Separate tablets refuse to format the card.

Posted 12/03/2017 05:16 AM   
Since upgrading to 5.3. I have had issues with my Samsung 128GB sd card, it first wouldn't recognise my installed card and wanted to format it. I tried to do this but was receiving the following error Update: command '48 volume partition disk:179,32 private' failed with 'null'. I tried formatting sd card in my pc, but it wasn't recognised either. I ran a factory reset and reformatted card in tablet and reloaded all my book, music and movies but after a few minutes of the tablet rebooting all access to the card is denied and the sd card disappears from the stoarge. I then purchased a new Sandisk 128gb,thinking the update had corrupted the card. I formatted the new card in tablet and began to load all my music and videos on to it. And the same thing happens again.
Since upgrading to 5.3. I have had issues with my Samsung 128GB sd card, it first wouldn't recognise my installed card and wanted to format it. I tried to do this but was receiving the following error Update: command '48 volume partition disk:179,32 private' failed with 'null'. I tried formatting sd card in my pc, but it wasn't recognised either. I ran a factory reset and reformatted card in tablet and reloaded all my book, music and movies but after a few minutes of the tablet rebooting all access to the card is denied and the sd card disappears from the stoarge. I then purchased a new Sandisk 128gb,thinking the update had corrupted the card. I formatted the new card in tablet and began to load all my music and videos on to it. And the same thing happens again.

Posted 12/05/2017 07:28 PM   
After the update, my tablet becomes very unstable. I play NFS No Limits on my tablet and after the update the game just crash at anytime it like, same for Hitman Sniper. Everything else is very laggy.
After the update, my tablet becomes very unstable. I play NFS No Limits on my tablet and after the update the game just crash at anytime it like, same for Hitman Sniper. Everything else is very laggy.

Posted 12/08/2017 02:18 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top