Official 388.43 Game Ready WHQL Display Driver Feedback Thread (Released 11/30/17)
  15 / 15    
I'm sorry but when I spend $1600+ on your product and get !#%$% in return it's going back to the store. I'm pretty much done with nvidia going to get two lesser Vega 64. Update: I cannot remember which driver first mentioned vastly enhanced D2 performance however about that time is when all my SLI woes began. Anyhow my personal fix for SLI at this time is 388.13. I have forced the drivers in device manager choosing the "Let me Decide/Pick" option etc. Destiny 2 no longer crashes and everything I have tossed at the system has been rock solid since.... EXCEPT!!! I dont get any SLI benefits whatsoever in D2. I ran 3DMark, Destiny, other games and FPS was no better at all with SLI enabled. It's like I have $800 sitting IDLE in my case. REALLY. Launch into the Tower in D2 and I'm getting roughly 60-75FPS with TWO 1080 ti running 5760x1080 resolution (which is 2M less pixels than 4K).... I was doing better with ONE card. If 388.13 was not optimized yet for D2 then I understand that problem but at least it doesn't crash. Really thinking about returning both since I bought them Tues. and switching to two Vega 64. I really don't care anymore if the 1080 is the superiour card. I started out with nvidia pain building this system with continual display port signal loss on random monitors in TRI SLI on GTX 980s when they first came out.... now this burned again! What exactly does a driver go through to become the official production release? Is there ANY QA process do you even use an enterprise code vault or GIT or anything like that internally? I just get the impression you have coders in different parts of the globe overwriting other fixes and such and then make them live and we feel all the pain. Someone needs to totally get fired that is in charge of your dev to production systems.
I'm sorry but when I spend $1600+ on your product and get !#%$% in return it's going back to the store. I'm pretty much done with nvidia going to get two lesser Vega 64.

Update:

I cannot remember which driver first mentioned vastly enhanced D2 performance however about that time is when all my SLI woes began.

Anyhow my personal fix for SLI at this time is 388.13.

I have forced the drivers in device manager choosing the "Let me Decide/Pick" option etc.

Destiny 2 no longer crashes and everything I have tossed at the system has been rock solid since....

EXCEPT!!!

I dont get any SLI benefits whatsoever in D2. I ran 3DMark, Destiny, other games and FPS was no better at all with SLI enabled. It's like I have $800 sitting IDLE in my case.

REALLY.

Launch into the Tower in D2 and I'm getting roughly 60-75FPS with TWO 1080 ti running 5760x1080 resolution (which is 2M less pixels than 4K).... I was doing better with ONE card.

If 388.13 was not optimized yet for D2 then I understand that problem but at least it doesn't crash.

Really thinking about returning both since I bought them Tues. and switching to two Vega 64. I really don't care anymore if the 1080 is the superiour card. I started out with nvidia pain building this system with continual display port signal loss on random monitors in TRI SLI on GTX 980s when they first came out.... now this burned again!

What exactly does a driver go through to become the official production release? Is there ANY QA process do you even use an enterprise code vault or GIT or anything like that internally? I just get the impression you have coders in different parts of the globe overwriting other fixes and such and then make them live and we feel all the pain.

Someone needs to totally get fired that is in charge of your dev to production systems.

Posted 12/07/2017 08:40 PM   
[quote="andino"]So, once again, with the new drivers, every time I exit Star Wars Battlefront 2 I get a black screen and then my monitors turn off. Running 2 X 980ti's SLI. Surround set up. Windows 10 1709 16299.64 Interesting thing is that it doesn't happen with the anything older than 387.92. So, I'm thinking that it is driver related. The crap thing about it is that they require 388.31 drivers or later. And those are screwed up too. Any chance you can have someone look into this?[/quote] Is this only in Surround mode
andino said:So, once again, with the new drivers, every time I exit Star Wars Battlefront 2 I get a black screen and then my monitors turn off.

Running 2 X 980ti's SLI.
Surround set up.
Windows 10 1709 16299.64

Interesting thing is that it doesn't happen with the anything older than 387.92.

So, I'm thinking that it is driver related.

The crap thing about it is that they require 388.31 drivers or later. And those are screwed up too.

Any chance you can have someone look into this?

Is this only in Surround mode

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 12/07/2017 10:15 PM   
[quote="Tantrumus"]I'm sorry but when I spend $1600+ on your product and get !#%$% in return it's going back to the store. I'm pretty much done with nvidia going to get two lesser Vega 64. Update: I cannot remember which driver first mentioned vastly enhanced D2 performance however about that time is when all my SLI woes began. Anyhow my personal fix for SLI at this time is 388.13. I have forced the drivers in device manager choosing the "Let me Decide/Pick" option etc. Destiny 2 no longer crashes and everything I have tossed at the system has been rock solid since.... EXCEPT!!! I dont get any SLI benefits whatsoever in D2. I ran 3DMark, Destiny, other games and FPS was no better at all with SLI enabled. It's like I have $800 sitting IDLE in my case. REALLY. Launch into the Tower in D2 and I'm getting roughly 60-75FPS with TWO 1080 ti running 5760x1080 resolution (which is 2M less pixels than 4K).... I was doing better with ONE card. If 388.13 was not optimized yet for D2 then I understand that problem but at least it doesn't crash. Really thinking about returning both since I bought them Tues. and switching to two Vega 64. I really don't care anymore if the 1080 is the superiour card. I started out with nvidia pain building this system with continual display port signal loss on random monitors in TRI SLI on GTX 980s when they first came out.... now this burned again! What exactly does a driver go through to become the official production release? Is there ANY QA process do you even use an enterprise code vault or GIT or anything like that internally? I just get the impression you have coders in different parts of the globe overwriting other fixes and such and then make them live and we feel all the pain. Someone needs to totally get fired that is in charge of your dev to production systems. [/quote] Please, I welcome you to my regards. Anyway, the Sora, many other already saying multi card configurations are unstable and hack. Is better just running fastest SINGLE card can afford. Please, you are learning the lesson.
Tantrumus said:I'm sorry but when I spend $1600+ on your product and get !#%$% in return it's going back to the store. I'm pretty much done with nvidia going to get two lesser Vega 64.

Update:

I cannot remember which driver first mentioned vastly enhanced D2 performance however about that time is when all my SLI woes began.

I have forced the drivers in device manager choosing the "Let me Decide/Pick" option etc.

Destiny 2 no longer crashes and everything I have tossed at the system has been rock solid since....

EXCEPT!!!

I dont get any SLI benefits whatsoever in D2. I ran 3DMark, Destiny, other games and FPS was no better at all with SLI enabled. It's like I have $800 sitting IDLE in my case.

REALLY.

Launch into the Tower in D2 and I'm getting roughly 60-75FPS with TWO 1080 ti running 5760x1080 resolution (which is 2M less pixels than 4K).... I was doing better with ONE card.

If 388.13 was not optimized yet for D2 then I understand that problem but at least it doesn't crash.

Really thinking about returning both since I bought them Tues. and switching to two Vega 64. I really don't care anymore if the 1080 is the superiour card. I started out with nvidia pain building this system with continual display port signal loss on random monitors in TRI SLI on GTX 980s when they first came out.... now this burned again!

What exactly does a driver go through to become the official production release? Is there ANY QA process do you even use an enterprise code vault or GIT or anything like that internally? I just get the impression you have coders in different parts of the globe overwriting other fixes and such and then make them live and we feel all the pain.

Someone needs to totally get fired that is in charge of your dev to production systems.

Please, I welcome you to my regards. Anyway, the Sora, many other already saying multi card configurations are unstable and hack. Is better just running fastest SINGLE card can afford. Please, you are learning the lesson.

EVGA ICX SC2 GEFORCE GTX 1080
Intel Core i7-6700k @ 4.5 ghz
32 gigs hyper x fury ddr4 ram @ 2667 mhz
Asus maximus viii hero
Windows 10 64bit up to date
Corsair crystal series 570X case
Coolermaster master air maker 8 CPU cooler
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe M.2 SSD for OS WD black 6tb hdd for mass storage
Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100hz ultrawide G-SYNC monitor
EVGA 850 watt 80 plus gold SuperNova g2 PSU

Posted 12/07/2017 11:19 PM   
[quote="Tantrumus"]I'm sorry but when I spend $1600+ on your product and get !#%$% in return it's going back to the store. I'm pretty much done with nvidia going to get two lesser Vega 64. Update: I cannot remember which driver first mentioned vastly enhanced D2 performance however about that time is when all my SLI woes began. Anyhow my personal fix for SLI at this time is 388.13. I have forced the drivers in device manager choosing the "Let me Decide/Pick" option etc. Destiny 2 no longer crashes and everything I have tossed at the system has been rock solid since.... EXCEPT!!! I dont get any SLI benefits whatsoever in D2. I ran 3DMark, Destiny, other games and FPS was no better at all with SLI enabled. It's like I have $800 sitting IDLE in my case. REALLY. Launch into the Tower in D2 and I'm getting roughly 60-75FPS with TWO 1080 ti running 5760x1080 resolution (which is 2M less pixels than 4K).... I was doing better with ONE card. If 388.13 was not optimized yet for D2 then I understand that problem but at least it doesn't crash. Really thinking about returning both since I bought them Tues. and switching to two Vega 64. I really don't care anymore if the 1080 is the superiour card. I started out with nvidia pain building this system with continual display port signal loss on random monitors in TRI SLI on GTX 980s when they first came out.... now this burned again! What exactly does a driver go through to become the official production release? Is there ANY QA process do you even use an enterprise code vault or GIT or anything like that internally? I just get the impression you have coders in different parts of the globe overwriting other fixes and such and then make them live and we feel all the pain. Someone needs to totally get fired that is in charge of your dev to production systems. [/quote] Please, I welcome you to my regards. Anyway, the Sora, many other already saying multi card configurations are unstable and hack. Is better just running fastest SINGLE card can afford. Please, you are learning the lesson.
Tantrumus said:I'm sorry but when I spend $1600+ on your product and get !#%$% in return it's going back to the store. I'm pretty much done with nvidia going to get two lesser Vega 64.

Update:

EXCEPT!!!

REALLY.

Please, I welcome you to my regards. Anyway, the Sora, many other already saying multi card configurations are unstable and hack. Is better just running fastest SINGLE card can afford. Please, you are learning the lesson.

EVGA ICX SC2 GEFORCE GTX 1080
Intel Core i7-6700k @ 4.5 ghz
32 gigs hyper x fury ddr4 ram @ 2667 mhz
Asus maximus viii hero
Windows 10 64bit up to date
Corsair crystal series 570X case
Coolermaster master air maker 8 CPU cooler
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe M.2 SSD for OS WD black 6tb hdd for mass storage
Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100hz ultrawide G-SYNC monitor
EVGA 850 watt 80 plus gold SuperNova g2 PSU

Posted 12/07/2017 11:20 PM   
[quote="ManuelGuzmanNV"][quote="andino"]So, once again, with the new drivers, every time I exit Star Wars Battlefront 2 I get a black screen and then my monitors turn off. Running 2 X 980ti's SLI. Surround set up. Windows 10 1709 16299.64 Interesting thing is that it doesn't happen with the anything older than 387.92. So, I'm thinking that it is driver related. The crap thing about it is that they require 388.31 drivers or later. And those are screwed up too. Any chance you can have someone look into this?[/quote] Is this only in Surround mode[/quote] I get a blackscreen... and my monitor turns off with 388.43 and .31 trying to load Destiny 2 with 2 X 1080 sli and my surround setup. It doesn't happen with 388.13 for me or with SLI disabled for surround on the new drivers. Lately my screen just gets pixelated and then the machine hangs like before.
ManuelGuzmanNV said:
andino said:So, once again, with the new drivers, every time I exit Star Wars Battlefront 2 I get a black screen and then my monitors turn off.

Running 2 X 980ti's SLI.
Surround set up.
Windows 10 1709 16299.64

Interesting thing is that it doesn't happen with the anything older than 387.92.

The crap thing about it is that they require 388.31 drivers or later. And those are screwed up too.

I get a blackscreen... and my monitor turns off with 388.43 and .31 trying to load Destiny 2 with 2 X 1080 sli and my surround setup. It doesn't happen with 388.13 for me or with SLI disabled for surround on the new drivers. Lately my screen just gets pixelated and then the machine hangs like before.

Intel Core i7-6850k @ 3.60GHZ
32 gig Ram
2 EVGA GTX 1080 OC
3 X ASUS VG278HE
Nvidia 3Dvision
Oculus Rift
HTC VIVE
Windows 10

Posted 12/07/2017 11:49 PM   
[quote="RazorBullie"][quote="Tantrumus"]I'm sorry but when I spend $1600+ on your product and get !#%$% in return it's going back to the store. I'm pretty much done with nvidia going to get two lesser Vega 64. Update: I cannot remember which driver first mentioned vastly enhanced D2 performance however about that time is when all my SLI woes began. Anyhow my personal fix for SLI at this time is 388.13. I have forced the drivers in device manager choosing the "Let me Decide/Pick" option etc. Destiny 2 no longer crashes and everything I have tossed at the system has been rock solid since.... EXCEPT!!! I dont get any SLI benefits whatsoever in D2. I ran 3DMark, Destiny, other games and FPS was no better at all with SLI enabled. It's like I have $800 sitting IDLE in my case. REALLY. Launch into the Tower in D2 and I'm getting roughly 60-75FPS with TWO 1080 ti running 5760x1080 resolution (which is 2M less pixels than 4K).... I was doing better with ONE card. Please, I welcome you to my regards. Anyway, the Sora, many other already saying multi card configurations are unstable and hack. Is better just running fastest SINGLE card can afford. Please, you are learning the lesson. [/quote] You totally kiss Sora's arse so either you're his boyfriend are actually him with another account. Anyway when Nvidia promote multi gpu and encourage people to spend £1400 on 2 graphics cards and the sli bridge on top of that then we as customers should expect something more than an unstable hack. The ironic thing is a lot of games are actually worse by having sli than a single card!
RazorBullie said:

Update:

EXCEPT!!!

REALLY.

You totally kiss Sora's arse so either you're his boyfriend are actually him with another account. Anyway when Nvidia promote multi gpu and encourage people to spend £1400 on 2 graphics cards and the sli bridge on top of that then we as customers should expect something more than an unstable hack. The ironic thing is a lot of games are actually worse by having sli than a single card!

Posted 12/08/2017 09:18 PM   
[quote="ManuelGuzmanNV"][quote="andino"]So, once again, with the new drivers, every time I exit Star Wars Battlefront 2 I get a black screen and then my monitors turn off. Running 2 X 980ti's SLI. Surround set up. Windows 10 1709 16299.64 Interesting thing is that it doesn't happen with the anything older than 387.92. So, I'm thinking that it is driver related. The crap thing about it is that they require 388.31 drivers or later. And those are screwed up too. Any chance you can have someone look into this?[/quote] Is this only in Surround mode[/quote] Yes. Only in surround. It is now hanging up on anything with DX12 enabled.
ManuelGuzmanNV said:

Running 2 X 980ti's SLI.
Surround set up.
Windows 10 1709 16299.64

Yes. Only in surround. It is now hanging up on anything with DX12 enabled.

Intel Core i7 4770k
Maximus VII Formula
2 EVGA 980ti Hybrids
Windows 10 64bit

Posted 12/08/2017 11:51 PM   
  15 / 15    
Scroll To Top