Official 388.43 Game Ready WHQL Display Driver Feedback Thread (Released 11/30/17)
  1 / 15    
Our new GeForce Game Ready 388.43 WHQL drivers provides the optimal gaming experience for Doom VFR. [url]https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/doom-vfr-game-ready-driver[/url] To download and install, simply fire up GeForce Experience and click the "Drivers" tab. [u][b]Providing Feedback:[/b][/u] This is a peer to peer support forum. While we try to read every end user feedback, we are unable to provide support to each and every user through the forums. If you require a response to a support inquiry, please visit the NVIDIA Support website where our Live Chat NVIDIA Customer Care team is available 24/7 (English only): [url]http://www.nvidia.com/support[/url] To report a software issue, please fill out the NVIDIA driver feedback form. This will help us collect the specific information needed to reproduce your issue and prioritize driver fixes: [url]http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6[/url] You are also welcome to discuss driver issues or leave suggestions in this thread however please keep comments family friendly. Any personal attacks towards other forum users or obscene language will be deleted. You are free to disagree with others. If you believe you have been insulted by another user, please report post to a Mod but do not retaliate. Most software issues are specific to a users system configuration. If you seek assistance from other users on this board, we suggest providing as much information as possible including: [.]System information[/.] [.]Regression information. Does your issue occur with the last driver?[/.] [.]For corruption/display issues, please include screenshots showing the in game graphics settings used and any NVIDIA Control Panel settings that you have changed from the default settings[/.] [.]Is your screen flashing/losing signal? Most monitors ship with inexpensive video cables. If you are pushing the limits of cable technology (eg 4K resolution, high refresh rate, etc.) and you are experiencing flashing/loss of signal, consider swapping your video cable for a VESA complaint cable rated for your display. We also recommend keeping your video cable to around 6 feet.[/.] [.]For stability issues, if your graphics card is factory/manually overclocked, does the issue go away if you lower your clock speeds to NVIDIA reference clock speeds[/.] No trolling or posts aimed at baiting users into an argument with you. Users who violate this rule repeatedly will be permanently banned.
Our new GeForce Game Ready 388.43 WHQL drivers provides the optimal gaming experience for Doom VFR.

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/doom-vfr-game-ready-driver

To download and install, simply fire up GeForce Experience and click the "Drivers" tab.

Providing Feedback:
This is a peer to peer support forum. While we try to read every end user feedback, we are unable to provide support to each and every user through the forums. If you require a response to a support inquiry, please visit the NVIDIA Support website where our Live Chat NVIDIA Customer Care team is available 24/7 (English only):

http://www.nvidia.com/support

To report a software issue, please fill out the NVIDIA driver feedback form. This will help us collect the specific information needed to reproduce your issue and prioritize driver fixes:

http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6

You are also welcome to discuss driver issues or leave suggestions in this thread however please keep comments family friendly. Any personal attacks towards other forum users or obscene language will be deleted. You are free to disagree with others. If you believe you have been insulted by another user, please report post to a Mod but do not retaliate.

Most software issues are specific to a users system configuration. If you seek assistance from other users on this board, we suggest providing as much information as possible including:

• System information
  • Regression information. Does your issue occur with the last driver?
  • For corruption/display issues, please include screenshots showing the in game graphics settings used and any NVIDIA Control Panel settings that you have changed from the default settings
  • Is your screen flashing/losing signal? Most monitors ship with inexpensive video cables. If you are pushing the limits of cable technology (eg 4K resolution, high refresh rate, etc.) and you are experiencing flashing/loss of signal, consider swapping your video cable for a VESA complaint cable rated for your display. We also recommend keeping your video cable to around 6 feet.
  • For stability issues, if your graphics card is factory/manually overclocked, does the issue go away if you lower your clock speeds to NVIDIA reference clock speeds
  • No trolling or posts aimed at baiting users into an argument with you. Users who violate this rule repeatedly will be permanently banned.

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
    www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 11/29/2017 03:55 AM   
    [u][b]Issues and updates[/b][/u] -Black screen flickering on Asus G701VI or G752VS w/ G-sync with 120Hz panel -Desktop may appear corrupted after updating to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Also games may show green bars/flickering. To be fixed in future Windows 10 update. http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4580 -Flickering corruption in Tom Clancy's The Division -Custom color settings are lost on reboot after upgrading to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
    Issues and updates
    -Black screen flickering on Asus G701VI or G752VS w/ G-sync with 120Hz panel
    -Desktop may appear corrupted after updating to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Also games may show green bars/flickering. To be fixed in future Windows 10 update.
    http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4580
    -Flickering corruption in Tom Clancy's The Division
    -Custom color settings are lost on reboot after upgrading to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
    www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 11/29/2017 03:55 AM   
    [b]r388_00-177 @ 23.21.13.8843[/b] The King of Fighters XIV (Steam Edition) game ready driver & GFE optimization are still not available for NBA 2K18. Guess what the notification tray icon is back. (I always turned it off) Anyone who uses HWMonitor had the core & memory clocks stuck in the max, please kindly use this hot-fix provided by CPUID. [url=http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/fYGcKNUz/file.html]HWMonitor fix[/url] Reporting BSOD nvlddmkm.sys for the first time with this driver. Thanks & cheers.
    r388_00-177 @ 23.21.13.8843

The King of Fighters XIV (Steam Edition) game ready driver & GFE optimization are still not available for NBA 2K18.

Guess what the notification tray icon is back. (I always turned it off)

Anyone who uses HWMonitor had the core & memory clocks stuck in the max, please kindly use this hot-fix provided by CPUID. HWMonitor fix

Reporting BSOD nvlddmkm.sys for the first time with this driver.

Thanks & cheers.
    And again i will ask does this driver fix the wet and other graphical glitches in batman arkham knight introduced since driver 387?
    And again i will ask does this driver fix the wet and other graphical glitches in batman arkham knight introduced since driver 387?

Posted 11/30/2017 02:52 PM   
    Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 388.43 > [NVIDIA Control Panel]: With cross-adapter clone mode enabled, the NVIDIA Control Panel crashes or hangs when you select With the NVIDIA Settings from the Adjust Video Color Settings page. [200353221] > [Optimus][Notebook][Wolfenstein]: The game crashes. [2019102] PS. NvTray icon is back, because of a high demand, for it. ;)
    Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 388.43

> [NVIDIA Control Panel]: With cross-adapter clone mode enabled, the NVIDIA
    Control Panel crashes or hangs when you select With the NVIDIA Settings from the
    Adjust Video Color Settings page. [200353221]

> [Optimus][Notebook][Wolfenstein]: The game crashes. [2019102]

PS. NvTray icon is back, because of a high demand, for it. ;)

Posted 11/30/2017 03:10 PM   
    Found a big bug in these drivers. Normally I set up in Nvidia Control panel to NOT show tray icon. With these drivers...the tray icon is active. If you choose to uncheck the "show tray icon", you will find that all taskbar icons are gone. Go into system settings and the ability to set what icons are shown on the taskbar is totally disabled...so you never get ANY of them back. Had to do a system restore point to get my tray icons back
    Found a big bug in these drivers. Normally I set up in Nvidia Control panel to NOT show tray icon. With these drivers...the tray icon is active. If you choose to uncheck the "show tray icon", you will find that all taskbar icons are gone. Go into system settings and the ability to set what icons are shown on the taskbar is totally disabled...so you never get ANY of them back. Had to do a system restore point to get my tray icons back

Posted 11/30/2017 03:12 PM   
    Thank you for new driver. :)
    Thank you for new driver. :)

Ryzen Threadripper 1950X Test Bunny
    ROG Zenith Extreme (0804) - 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
    2xSLI NVIDIA Titan Xp (Pascal) - NVIDIA SLI HB Bridge 4-slot
    NVIDIA Titan V (Volta) Soon^^
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2, 1300W (New Rev.) - Samsung U28D590D Displaylink
    Win10 Pro x64 16299.125

6950x @ 4.2/3.2 - NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal)
    ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (1701) - 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-32GTZ
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2, 1300W (Old Rev.) - Creative Sound Blaster X7
    Win10 Pro x64 16299.125

5960x @ 4.5/3.5 - NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal)
    ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (1701) - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws4 3200
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2, 850W
    Win10 Pro x64 16299.125
    hatno.imgur.com // NINTENDO + NVIDIA // So Everyone Can Game^^ www.ablegamers.org

Posted 11/30/2017 03:14 PM   
    [quote="Bobmitmen53"]Found a big bug in these drivers. Normally I set up in Nvidia Control panel to NOT show tray icon. With these drivers...the tray icon is active. If you choose to uncheck the "show tray icon", you will find that all taskbar icons are gone. Go into system settings and the ability to set what icons are shown on the taskbar is totally disabled...so you never get ANY of them back. Had to do a system restore point to get my tray icons back[/quote] Did you ever reboot your PC/Laptop when finished installed the driver? I personally will reboot 2-3 times. I can enable back once I disabled it & there's no point having a tray icon for me.
    Bobmitmen53 said:Found a big bug in these drivers. Normally I set up in Nvidia Control panel to NOT show tray icon. With these drivers...the tray icon is active. If you choose to uncheck the "show tray icon", you will find that all taskbar icons are gone. Go into system settings and the ability to set what icons are shown on the taskbar is totally disabled...so you never get ANY of them back. Had to do a system restore point to get my tray icons back

Did you ever reboot your PC/Laptop when finished installed the driver? I personally will reboot 2-3 times.

I can enable back once I disabled it & there's no point having a tray icon for me.
    [quote="Bobmitmen53"]Found a big bug in these drivers. Normally I set up in Nvidia Control panel to NOT show tray icon. With these drivers...the tray icon is active. If you choose to uncheck the "show tray icon", you will find that all taskbar icons are gone. Go into system settings and the ability to set what icons are shown on the taskbar is totally disabled...so you never get ANY of them back. Had to do a system restore point to get my tray icons back[/quote] I disabled tray icon too but i have no problem with that. Win 7 64 bit
    Bobmitmen53 said:Found a big bug in these drivers. Normally I set up in Nvidia Control panel to NOT show tray icon. With these drivers...the tray icon is active. If you choose to uncheck the "show tray icon", you will find that all taskbar icons are gone. Go into system settings and the ability to set what icons are shown on the taskbar is totally disabled...so you never get ANY of them back. Had to do a system restore point to get my tray icons back

I disabled tray icon too but i have no problem with that. Win 7 64 bit

Posted 11/30/2017 03:40 PM   
    Khanmein I did reboot after installing drivers. Tray icon still there. So when I open Nvidia Control panel and uncheck "Show taskbar icon"..it should just keep it from loading on Windows bootup. Once done...all my tray icons are in the bubble and no longer on the system tray. I usually have AV, AIO software icon, and MSI Afterburner running on the tray so I can see all the time. Now they are in the bubble and when I go to SETTINGS / Personalization/Taskbar to put them all back in the tray...the option to Choose what icons show in Taskbar is Grayed out...can no longer choose. Did a system restore back to yesterday...and 388.13 and everything back to normal. Did a clean install of 388.13 and still normal (I always disable Nvidia Tray icon)...but when did a clean install of 388.43...same issue. I can replicate it over and over. So right now, I am back on 388.13.
    Khanmein

I did reboot after installing drivers. Tray icon still there. So when I open Nvidia Control panel and uncheck "Show taskbar icon"..it should just keep it from loading on Windows bootup. Once done...all my tray icons are in the bubble and no longer on the system tray. I usually have AV, AIO software icon, and MSI Afterburner running on the tray so I can see all the time. Now they are in the bubble and when I go to SETTINGS / Personalization/Taskbar to put them all back in the tray...the option to Choose what icons show in Taskbar is Grayed out...can no longer choose. Did a system restore back to yesterday...and 388.13 and everything back to normal. Did a clean install of 388.13 and still normal (I always disable Nvidia Tray icon)...but when did a clean install of 388.43...same issue. I can replicate it over and over. So right now, I am back on 388.13.

Posted 11/30/2017 03:48 PM   
    [quote="Bobmitmen53"]Khanmein I did reboot after installing drivers. Tray icon still there. So when I open Nvidia Control panel and uncheck "Show taskbar icon"..it should just keep it from loading on Windows bootup. Once done...all my tray icons are in the bubble and no longer on the system tray. I usually have AV, AIO software icon, and MSI Afterburner running on the tray so I can see all the time. Now they are in the bubble and when I go to SETTINGS / Personalization/Taskbar to put them all back in the tray...the option to Choose what icons show in Taskbar is Grayed out...can no longer choose. Did a system restore back to yesterday...and 388.13 and everything back to normal. Did a clean install of 388.13 and still normal (I always disable Nvidia Tray icon)...but when did a clean install of 388.43...same issue. I can replicate it over and over. So right now, I am back on 388.13.[/quote] You should report to NVIDIA. http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6 Did you use DDU? I can't reproduce yet.
    Bobmitmen53 said:Khanmein

I did reboot after installing drivers. Tray icon still there. So when I open Nvidia Control panel and uncheck "Show taskbar icon"..it should just keep it from loading on Windows bootup. Once done...all my tray icons are in the bubble and no longer on the system tray. I usually have AV, AIO software icon, and MSI Afterburner running on the tray so I can see all the time. Now they are in the bubble and when I go to SETTINGS / Personalization/Taskbar to put them all back in the tray...the option to Choose what icons show in Taskbar is Grayed out...can no longer choose. Did a system restore back to yesterday...and 388.13 and everything back to normal. Did a clean install of 388.13 and still normal (I always disable Nvidia Tray icon)...but when did a clean install of 388.43...same issue. I can replicate it over and over. So right now, I am back on 388.13.

You should report to NVIDIA. http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6

Did you use DDU? I can't reproduce yet.
    More one driver and incredible still not work: - Encoder with parameter -weighted_pred 1. 385.69 was the last driver that worked... - Many HDR problems.
    More one driver and incredible still not work:

- Encoder with parameter -weighted_pred 1. 385.69 was the last driver that worked...
    - Many HDR problems.

Posted 11/30/2017 03:54 PM   
    Chatting with support as we speak...
    Chatting with support as we speak...

Posted 11/30/2017 04:17 PM   
    Used DDU.
    Used DDU.

Posted 11/30/2017 04:23 PM   
    Installed the driver through Gefore experience and just before the driver was installed, Gefore experience went black. [url]https://imgur.com/a/FQtVr[/url] Going to reboot now.
    Installed the driver through Gefore experience and just before the driver was installed, Gefore experience went black.

https://imgur.com/a/FQtVr

Going to reboot now.

ROG STRIX-GTX1070-8G-GAMING
    Windows 10 Home 64Bit version 1709 build 16299.125
    GeForce Experience version 3.11.0.73

Posted 11/30/2017 04:29 PM   
      1 / 15    
    Scroll To Top