Official SHIELD Tablet Software Upgrade 5.3 Feedback Thread (Released 11/30/17)
  1 / 3    
SHIELD TABLET SOFTWARE UPGRADE 5.3 This update for SHIELD Tablet contains important system enhancements & bug fixes, including: ∙ Addresses WIFI vulnerabilities (KRACK & Broadpwn) ∙ Fixes connectivity issues with Zagg Bluetooth keyboards ∙ Overall system stability & security optimizations ∙ Update to Android Security Patch Level November 5, 2017 This update is available today for all SHIELD Tablet models except US LTE. We are waiting for carrier approval to release the update for US LTE model. Thanks for your patience and support.
SHIELD TABLET SOFTWARE UPGRADE 5.3
This update for SHIELD Tablet contains important system enhancements & bug fixes, including:
∙ Addresses WIFI vulnerabilities (KRACK & Broadpwn)
∙ Fixes connectivity issues with Zagg Bluetooth keyboards
∙ Overall system stability & security optimizations
∙ Update to Android Security Patch Level November 5, 2017

This update is available today for all SHIELD Tablet models except US LTE. We are waiting for carrier approval to release the update for US LTE model. Thanks for your patience and support.

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 11/28/2017 05:18 PM   
If you encounter a bug, we ask that you provide a feedback from your SHIELD Tablet so that we can review the logs to help us determine the cause for the issue. To submit a feedback from your device, first reproduce the bug -> then from the SHIELD Tablet home go into Settings -> About Tablet -> Send feedback to NVIDIA. Be sure to include your GeForce forums username in the Comments section or email address so that we can reach out to you if we have additional questions. [u][b]Issues and updates:[/b][/u]
If you encounter a bug, we ask that you provide a feedback from your SHIELD Tablet so that we can review the logs to help us determine the cause for the issue. To submit a feedback from your device, first reproduce the bug -> then from the SHIELD Tablet home go into Settings -> About Tablet -> Send feedback to NVIDIA. Be sure to include your GeForce forums username in the Comments section or email address so that we can reach out to you if we have additional questions.

Issues and updates:

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

Posted 11/30/2017 05:04 PM   
Is this the last update for shield tablet devices?
Is this the last update for shield tablet devices?

Posted 11/30/2017 08:14 PM   
Why didn't you update vulkan api drivers?
Why didn't you update vulkan api drivers?

Posted 11/30/2017 08:18 PM   
Thanks for the continued support! You guys have gone over and above for this device. Please release a Shield Tablet 2!
Thanks for the continued support! You guys have gone over and above for this device. Please release a Shield Tablet 2!

Posted 11/30/2017 10:22 PM   
How do I download the 5.3 update?
How do I download the 5.3 update?

Posted 12/01/2017 03:10 AM   
[quote="bryan1369"]How do I download the 5.3 update?[/quote] Go to Settings -> About Tablet -> System Upgrade if you do not see the notification. Do you have a SHIELD Tablet w/ LTE?
bryan1369 said:How do I download the 5.3 update?

Go to Settings -> About Tablet -> System Upgrade if you do not see the notification. Do you have a SHIELD Tablet w/ LTE?

Posted 12/01/2017 03:16 AM   
(Disregard; double post) See below lol
(Disregard; double post)
See below lol

Posted 12/01/2017 08:32 AM   
I'm stuck on the lock screen and cannot open the tablet. I'll swipe to open, receive the sound that says "i'm open", and then it freezes on my background image. Screen also goes unusually dark, and the wifi symbol on lock screen says no signal (was perfect signal pre-update, and all other devices i own still connect perfectly). Restarted shield device numerous times to the same effect, am trying to avoid hard reset so I have yet to attempt that. Seems that every time a system 'update' comes, it just causes more issues than the previous one. Since purchase, I've had the tablet become unusable for months at a time (twice) for this reason. It's wifi only, and due to an update right after purchase, it prevented me from connecting to any network. When that was fixed, the next update made my battery life become non-existant along with the tablet charging very slowly (15+hrs on charge to just die in less than an hour). Should be said that I'm using it for less graphic heavy android apps and not the higher-end gaming that it is capable of. I just wish that I didn't have to sit the device down for months at a time just to wait and see if it will function as it should again. Hope the feedback helps! I know it's frustrating when tech doesn't want to 'tech' right..
I'm stuck on the lock screen and cannot open the tablet. I'll swipe to open, receive the sound that says "i'm open", and then it freezes on my background image. Screen also goes unusually dark, and the wifi symbol on lock screen says no signal (was perfect signal pre-update, and all other devices i own still connect perfectly). Restarted shield device numerous times to the same effect, am trying to avoid hard reset so I have yet to attempt that. Seems that every time a system 'update' comes, it just causes more issues than the previous one.

Since purchase, I've had the tablet become unusable for months at a time (twice) for this reason. It's wifi only, and due to an update right after purchase, it prevented me from connecting to any network. When that was fixed, the next update made my battery life become non-existant along with the tablet charging very slowly (15+hrs on charge to just die in less than an hour). Should be said that I'm using it for less graphic heavy android apps and not the higher-end gaming that it is capable of. I just wish that I didn't have to sit the device down for months at a time just to wait and see if it will function as it should again.

Hope the feedback helps! I know it's frustrating when tech doesn't want to 'tech' right..

Posted 12/01/2017 08:36 AM   
My tablet got stuck after the update on Optimising Apps. I rebooted it and it was fine after that. Thanks again Nvidia for continuing to support this tablet!!!
My tablet got stuck after the update on Optimising Apps. I rebooted it and it was fine after that.

Thanks again Nvidia for continuing to support this tablet!!!

Posted 12/01/2017 11:22 AM   
Update went smoothly.
Update went smoothly.

Posted 12/01/2017 02:30 PM   
[quote="Shakexilla"] I'm stuck on the lock screen and cannot open the tablet. I'll swipe to open, receive the sound that says "i'm open", and then it freezes on my background image. Screen also goes unusually dark, and the wifi symbol on lock screen says no signal (was perfect signal pre-update, and all other devices i own still connect perfectly). Restarted shield device numerous times to the same effect, am trying to avoid hard reset so I have yet to attempt that. Seems that every time a system 'update' comes, it just causes more issues than the previous one. Since purchase, I've had the tablet become unusable for months at a time (twice) for this reason. It's wifi only, and due to an update right after purchase, it prevented me from connecting to any network. When that was fixed, the next update made my battery life become non-existant along with the tablet charging very slowly (15+hrs on charge to just die in less than an hour). Should be said that I'm using it for less graphic heavy android apps and not the higher-end gaming that it is capable of. I just wish that I didn't have to sit the device down for months at a time just to wait and see if it will function as it should again. Hope the feedback helps! I know it's frustrating when tech doesn't want to 'tech' right..[/quote] Thank you. Was your tablet rooted before the update or did you install any custom launchers?
Shakexilla said: I'm stuck on the lock screen and cannot open the tablet. I'll swipe to open, receive the sound that says "i'm open", and then it freezes on my background image. Screen also goes unusually dark, and the wifi symbol on lock screen says no signal (was perfect signal pre-update, and all other devices i own still connect perfectly). Restarted shield device numerous times to the same effect, am trying to avoid hard reset so I have yet to attempt that. Seems that every time a system 'update' comes, it just causes more issues than the previous one.

Since purchase, I've had the tablet become unusable for months at a time (twice) for this reason. It's wifi only, and due to an update right after purchase, it prevented me from connecting to any network. When that was fixed, the next update made my battery life become non-existant along with the tablet charging very slowly (15+hrs on charge to just die in less than an hour). Should be said that I'm using it for less graphic heavy android apps and not the higher-end gaming that it is capable of. I just wish that I didn't have to sit the device down for months at a time just to wait and see if it will function as it should again.

Hope the feedback helps! I know it's frustrating when tech doesn't want to 'tech' right..

Thank you. Was your tablet rooted before the update or did you install any custom launchers?

Posted 12/01/2017 06:15 PM   
[quote="DanHutton"]My tablet got stuck after the update on Optimising Apps. I rebooted it and it was fine after that. Thanks again Nvidia for continuing to support this tablet!!![/quote] Glad you were able t resolve it. Do you have adopted storage on a microSD card?
DanHutton said:My tablet got stuck after the update on Optimising Apps. I rebooted it and it was fine after that.

Thanks again Nvidia for continuing to support this tablet!!!

Glad you were able t resolve it. Do you have adopted storage on a microSD card?

Posted 12/01/2017 06:16 PM   
[quote="ManuelGuzmanNV"] Thank you. Was your tablet rooted before the update or did you install any custom launchers?[/quote] Nope, neither rooted nor custom launchers. Thank you for your response!
ManuelGuzmanNV said:

Thank you. Was your tablet rooted before the update or did you install any custom launchers?

Nope, neither rooted nor custom launchers. Thank you for your response!

Posted 12/01/2017 07:25 PM   
Since the upgrade, I cannot exit out of Clash of Clans. The ability swipe top bring up the navigation buttons at the bottom isn't working. Also All I have out of the 3 navigation buttons is what was the left button, the triangle pointing to the left. The circle and square are gone. I have to restart my tablet to exit applications now. THIS SUCKS.
Since the upgrade, I cannot exit out of Clash of Clans. The ability swipe top bring up the navigation buttons at the bottom isn't working. Also All I have out of the 3 navigation buttons is what was the left button, the triangle pointing to the left. The circle and square are gone.

I have to restart my tablet to exit applications now. THIS SUCKS.

Posted 12/01/2017 08:21 PM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top