GTX 690 Game Crashes | Help Needed!!
I didn't have this problem until about last month. Whenever I play video games one of two things happen: the game application itself crashes and then I have to end the task OR my monitor kinda shuts off while still being powered on if that makes sense, and my computer is still running but I have to restart it. The application crash happens when I play most games and the second crash only ever happens when I play any of the Borderlands games. At first I thought it was a problem with Windows 7 so I went through the entire process of upgrading to Windows 10 but the problem still persists and I can't play any games for more than 15 minutes without some form of crash happening. My graphics card is not overclocked and no cores are parked. Is it possible I might have to just buy a new graphics card? Also, what spec info will you need in order to help? I'll provide as much information as necessary.
I didn't have this problem until about last month. Whenever I play video games one of two things happen: the game application itself crashes and then I have to end the task OR my monitor kinda shuts off while still being powered on if that makes sense, and my computer is still running but I have to restart it. The application crash happens when I play most games and the second crash only ever happens when I play any of the Borderlands games. At first I thought it was a problem with Windows 7 so I went through the entire process of upgrading to Windows 10 but the problem still persists and I can't play any games for more than 15 minutes without some form of crash happening.

My graphics card is not overclocked and no cores are parked. Is it possible I might have to just buy a new graphics card?

Also, what spec info will you need in order to help? I'll provide as much information as necessary.

Posted 11/25/2017 04:08 PM   
what about your PSU, what brand and how old already?
what about your PSU, what brand and how old already?

CPU:Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz/Coolermaster Hyper 103
MOBO:Asus H81M-K
RAM:8GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU:Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti Gainward Golden Sample 2GB Edition @ 388.13
PSU:Coolermaster MasterWatt Lite 600W

Posted 11/26/2017 10:42 AM   
[quote="anayray18"]I didn't have this problem until about last month. Whenever I play video games one of two things happen: the game application itself crashes and then I have to end the task OR my monitor kinda shuts off while still being powered on if that makes sense, and my computer is still running but I have to restart it. The application crash happens when I play most games and the second crash only ever happens when I play any of the Borderlands games. At first, I thought it was a problem with Windows 7 so I went through the entire process of upgrading to Windows 10 but the problem still persists and I can't play any games for more than 15 minutes without some form of a crash happening. [/quote] [b]Hello, I am a fellow GTX 690 user[/b] [u][b]TLDR; Its a driver based issue, it happens only in fullscreen mode, I need multiple 690 users to confirm this so we can bring it to Nvidia's attention otherwise we will all be forced to upgrade because all of the drivers supported on the NEWEST release of Windows 10 have this issue. So our only solutions are to revert to 1703 so we can revert drivers back to when they worked or be forced to live with this. [/b][/u] I believe this to be an issue with the current (And a few previous) nvidia driver, dating back to the drivers released for 1709 windows release. Specific to our card type of issues. Some games run in fullscreen mode will cause the driver to crash and not be able to recover. You may be able to hear system sound in game still too correct? In my case my game freezes, and then my mouse input follows shortly after. This happens to me when running games like fallout 4, Overwatch [b](BUT ONLY IN FULLSCREEN MODE)[/b] and apparently in your case borderlands. Please run borderlands in windowed mode confirm that it is indeed fullscreen that is causing the driver to crash and not recover and please post back results. (change ini files if it crashes too quickly to change that stuff) I Hypothesis that because our gtx690 is an old card some of the code has been gutted from the driver that it needs. If we could get more gtx690 owners to confirm this issue we could bring it to Nvidia's attention SADLY, if you are on 1709 windows like I am, you cannot go back and use older drivers like the 370-s era of the driver where everything worked because when you go to install your windows 10 driver, it will say the driver is incompatible with your system. Because the driver was for 1703 or 5 or something... So if this bug persists in future drivers it will force GTX 690 users to upgrade even though our card handles even modern games. EDIT 1: I somehow got my to hop on 382.33, and I have experienced no lockups in fullscreen so far. I hope you don't mind but im making this my official testing forum.
anayray18 said:I didn't have this problem until about last month. Whenever I play video games one of two things happen: the game application itself crashes and then I have to end the task OR my monitor kinda shuts off while still being powered on if that makes sense, and my computer is still running but I have to restart it. The application crash happens when I play most games and the second crash only ever happens when I play any of the Borderlands games. At first, I thought it was a problem with Windows 7 so I went through the entire process of upgrading to Windows 10 but the problem still persists and I can't play any games for more than 15 minutes without some form of a crash happening.

Hello, I am a fellow GTX 690 user

TLDR; Its a driver based issue, it happens only in fullscreen mode, I need multiple 690 users to confirm this so we can bring it to Nvidia's attention otherwise we will all be forced to upgrade because all of the drivers supported on the NEWEST release of Windows 10 have this issue. So our only solutions are to revert to 1703 so we can revert drivers back to when they worked or be forced to live with this.

I believe this to be an issue with the current (And a few previous) nvidia driver, dating back to the drivers released for 1709 windows release. Specific to our card type of issues. Some games run in fullscreen mode will cause the driver to crash and not be able to recover. You may be able to hear system sound in game still too correct? In my case my game freezes, and then my mouse input follows shortly after.

This happens to me when running games like fallout 4, Overwatch (BUT ONLY IN FULLSCREEN MODE) and apparently in your case borderlands.
Please run borderlands in windowed mode confirm that it is indeed fullscreen that is causing the driver to crash and not recover and please post back results. (change ini files if it crashes too quickly to change that stuff)

I Hypothesis that because our gtx690 is an old card some of the code has been gutted from the driver that it needs. If we could get more gtx690 owners to confirm this issue we could bring it to Nvidia's attention

SADLY, if you are on 1709 windows like I am, you cannot go back and use older drivers like the 370-s era of the driver where everything worked because when you go to install your windows 10 driver, it will say the driver is incompatible with your system. Because the driver was for 1703 or 5 or something...

So if this bug persists in future drivers it will force GTX 690 users to upgrade even though our card handles even modern games.

EDIT 1: I somehow got my to hop on 382.33, and I have experienced no lockups in fullscreen so far. I hope you don't mind but im making this my official testing forum.

Posted 11/30/2017 08:05 AM   
[quote="jordansinofsky"][quote="anayray18"]I didn't have this problem until about last month. Whenever I play video games one of two things happen: the game application itself crashes and then I have to end the task OR my monitor kinda shuts off while still being powered on if that makes sense, and my computer is still running but I have to restart it. The application crash happens when I play most games and the second crash only ever happens when I play any of the Borderlands games. At first, I thought it was a problem with Windows 7 so I went through the entire process of upgrading to Windows 10 but the problem still persists and I can't play any games for more than 15 minutes without some form of a crash happening. [/quote] [b]Hello, I am a fellow GTX 690 user[/b] [u][b]TLDR; Its a driver based issue, it happens only in fullscreen mode, I need multiple 690 users to confirm this so we can bring it to Nvidia's attention otherwise we will all be forced to upgrade because all of the drivers supported on the NEWEST release of Windows 10 have this issue. So our only solutions are to revert to 1703 so we can revert drivers back to when they worked or be forced to live with this. [/b][/u] I believe this to be an issue with the current (And a few previous) nvidia driver, dating back to the drivers released for 1709 windows release. Specific to our card type of issues. Some games run in fullscreen mode will cause the driver to crash and not be able to recover. You may be able to hear system sound in game still too correct? In my case my game freezes, and then my mouse input follows shortly after. This happens to me when running games like fallout 4, Overwatch [b](BUT ONLY IN FULLSCREEN MODE)[/b] and apparently in your case borderlands. Please run borderlands in windowed mode confirm that it is indeed fullscreen that is causing the driver to crash and not recover and please post back results. (change ini files if it crashes too quickly to change that stuff) I Hypothesis that because our gtx690 is an old card some of the code has been gutted from the driver that it needs. If we could get more gtx690 owners to confirm this issue we could bring it to Nvidia's attention SADLY, if you are on 1709 windows like I am, you cannot go back and use older drivers like the 370-s era of the driver where everything worked because when you go to install your windows 10 driver, it will say the driver is incompatible with your system. Because the driver was for 1703 or 5 or something... So if this bug persists in future drivers it will force GTX 690 users to upgrade even though our card handles even modern games. EDIT 1: I somehow got my to hop on 382.33, and I have experienced no lockups in fullscreen so far. I hope you don't mind but im making this my official testing forum. [/quote] I have the exact same issues you described above, let me know if you find a resolution.
jordansinofsky said:
anayray18 said:I didn't have this problem until about last month. Whenever I play video games one of two things happen: the game application itself crashes and then I have to end the task OR my monitor kinda shuts off while still being powered on if that makes sense, and my computer is still running but I have to restart it. The application crash happens when I play most games and the second crash only ever happens when I play any of the Borderlands games. At first, I thought it was a problem with Windows 7 so I went through the entire process of upgrading to Windows 10 but the problem still persists and I can't play any games for more than 15 minutes without some form of a crash happening.

Hello, I am a fellow GTX 690 user

TLDR; Its a driver based issue, it happens only in fullscreen mode, I need multiple 690 users to confirm this so we can bring it to Nvidia's attention otherwise we will all be forced to upgrade because all of the drivers supported on the NEWEST release of Windows 10 have this issue. So our only solutions are to revert to 1703 so we can revert drivers back to when they worked or be forced to live with this.

I believe this to be an issue with the current (And a few previous) nvidia driver, dating back to the drivers released for 1709 windows release. Specific to our card type of issues. Some games run in fullscreen mode will cause the driver to crash and not be able to recover. You may be able to hear system sound in game still too correct? In my case my game freezes, and then my mouse input follows shortly after.

This happens to me when running games like fallout 4, Overwatch (BUT ONLY IN FULLSCREEN MODE) and apparently in your case borderlands.
Please run borderlands in windowed mode confirm that it is indeed fullscreen that is causing the driver to crash and not recover and please post back results. (change ini files if it crashes too quickly to change that stuff)

I Hypothesis that because our gtx690 is an old card some of the code has been gutted from the driver that it needs. If we could get more gtx690 owners to confirm this issue we could bring it to Nvidia's attention

SADLY, if you are on 1709 windows like I am, you cannot go back and use older drivers like the 370-s era of the driver where everything worked because when you go to install your windows 10 driver, it will say the driver is incompatible with your system. Because the driver was for 1703 or 5 or something...

So if this bug persists in future drivers it will force GTX 690 users to upgrade even though our card handles even modern games.

EDIT 1: I somehow got my to hop on 382.33, and I have experienced no lockups in fullscreen so far. I hope you don't mind but im making this my official testing forum.

I have the exact same issues you described above, let me know if you find a resolution.

Posted 12/01/2017 05:30 AM   
@JackyChow86 The only thing i can say to do is downgrade your driver to 382.33
@JackyChow86 The only thing i can say to do is downgrade your driver to 382.33

Posted 12/06/2017 11:00 PM   
Hi , I have the same issues after updating my WIN10, now with GTX660 Sig2 in SLI I cant run many of my games, usually fail in fullscreen etc, will sometime run on single card but only sometimes.
Hi ,

I have the same issues after updating my WIN10, now with GTX660 Sig2 in SLI I cant run many of my games, usually fail in fullscreen etc, will sometime run on single card but only sometimes.

Posted 12/11/2017 07:50 AM   
[quote="chalkysuper7"]Hi , I have the same issues after updating my WIN10, now with GTX660 Sig2 in SLI I cant run many of my games, usually fail in fullscreen etc, will sometime run on single card but only sometimes. [/quote] Alright my man. Well, it seems its definitely something to do with kepler cards + sli
chalkysuper7 said:Hi ,

I have the same issues after updating my WIN10, now with GTX660 Sig2 in SLI I cant run many of my games, usually fail in fullscreen etc, will sometime run on single card but only sometimes.

Alright my man. Well, it seems its definitely something to do with kepler cards + sli

Posted 12/13/2017 07:06 PM   
Scroll To Top