Nvidia drivers stopped responding and recovered errors wth the last drivers...
  1 / 2    
Not sure if its related with the new drivers but right now I'm suffering of this error every few hours. My screen gets black for just a second and then get the error "Nvidia drivers has stopped responding and recovered". It only happens on idle while I'm doing things and the gpu load stays at 0-1% load. No errors while playing games for now, but the problem has become really annoying. I have tried: - TdrDelay "fix" - Reinstalling drivers using DDU - Changing 3d settings to "high perfomance" - Reseting my CPU OC to stock - Slightly increasing power limit using MSI Afterburner - Fresh Windows install - Removing the GPU and putting it again while checking that everything is properly connected What I'm gonna do now is changing to an old driver and see if it persists... any other ideas? PC Specs: Asrock z77 pro3 i5 3570k 3.5Ghz 8GB RAM DD3 GTX 1080 GIGABYTE AORUS 8GB rev 2.0 EVGA NOVA G2 650W GOLD+ MODULAR Windows 7 Home Premium x64bits Acer Predator XB271HU 27" wih GSYNC enabled
Not sure if its related with the new drivers but right now I'm suffering of this error every few hours. My screen gets black for just a second and then get the error "Nvidia drivers has stopped responding and recovered".

It only happens on idle while I'm doing things and the gpu load stays at 0-1% load. No errors while playing games for now, but the problem has become really annoying.

I have tried:

- TdrDelay "fix"
- Reinstalling drivers using DDU
- Changing 3d settings to "high perfomance"
- Reseting my CPU OC to stock
- Slightly increasing power limit using MSI Afterburner
- Fresh Windows install
- Removing the GPU and putting it again while checking that everything is properly connected

What I'm gonna do now is changing to an old driver and see if it persists... any other ideas?

PC Specs:

Asrock z77 pro3
i5 3570k 3.5Ghz
8GB RAM DD3
GTX 1080 GIGABYTE AORUS 8GB rev 2.0
EVGA NOVA G2 650W GOLD+ MODULAR
Windows 7 Home Premium x64bits
Acer Predator XB271HU 27" wih GSYNC enabled

CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz
RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX F3-17000CL11-4GBXL @ 2133MHz (11-11-11-30)
Mobo: ASRock Z77 Pro3 (BIOS P1.90)
Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" IPS (2560x1440@165Hz)
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Aorus 8GB rev 2.0
HDD: 1TB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162
Optical: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSB0
Audio: Realtek HD Audio
PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 Gold+ Modular 650w

Posted 11/25/2017 12:20 AM   
try disabling or uninstalling MSI Afterburner and see if it makes any difference. Third party software like MSI Afterburner seems to cause issues with generic GPU Drivers. Before disabling or uninstalling, make sure you have MSI Afterburner reset the GPU back to factory settings.
try disabling or uninstalling MSI Afterburner and see if it makes any difference. Third party software like MSI Afterburner seems to cause issues with generic GPU Drivers.

Before disabling or uninstalling, make sure you have MSI Afterburner reset the GPU back to factory settings.

Asus Sabertooth 990FX Gen 2.0
Asus GTX-1070 Dual Fan Video Card
Asus (2) - IDE DVD Burners
Asus Blu-ray Burner
Liteon Blu-ray Burner
AMD FX-8350 (8 core) 4 ghz CPU
Corsair DDR3 Dual Channel 1600 RAM (16 gbytes)
Corsair Gold 850 Watt PSU
Coolermaster HAF-X Tower
Gigabyte Dual Band Wifi/Bluetooth 4.2 Card
Hauppauge 2 tuner Television card
SATA-IDE Adapter card
7 USB Hub
Fax/modem card - PCI
(5) Hard drives of one to two terabytes (Western Digital, Seagate, & Samsung)
HP Officejet Pro 8620
Acer 24" High definition Monitor connected via Onkyo Receiver via HDMI
Samsung Smart Television connected via HDMI from Onkyo Receiver
Onkyo 5.1 AV Receiver connected via HDMI from Computer
USB Internal Multi-card reader

Posted 11/25/2017 01:48 PM   
UnninstalLed MSI Afterbuner and also Aorus Graphics Engine and installed the old 385.28 whql drivers. No issues for now. Will keep testing.
UnninstalLed MSI Afterbuner and also Aorus Graphics Engine and installed the old 385.28 whql drivers. No issues for now. Will keep testing.

Posted 11/25/2017 02:14 PM   
. The 385.xx | 388.xx series are not a good spot to be. Try this: Download [url=http://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v17075-released]DDU[/url] (get the 17.0.7.5): [.]Install DDU[/.] Hold [SHIFT] and click on RESTART Windows. [.]you will end up in Safe mode[/.] Cannot use PIN, must use Account password to enter SAFE MODE Run DDU: [.]Select: NVIDIA software and Drivers[/.] [.]Select: Clean, Do not Restart[/.] [.]Shutdown the computer[/.] Run the [url=http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f22d5fdb-59cd-4275-8c95-1be17bf70b21/wushowhide.diagcab]Microsoft Show hide tool[/url] [.]Hide all NVIDIA software and driver[/.] [.]Run it again to make sure there are no more, if more appear, [color="orange"]keep rerunning[/color][/.] Download this [url=http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/387.92/387.92-desktop-win10-64bit-international-rs3-whql.exe]387.92[/url] driver [.]Run DOWNLOAD package[/.] [.]Select: CUSTOM[/.] [.]Check the CLEAN INSTALL box[/.] [.]Finish install[/.] [.][color="orange"]Reboot[/color][/.] Gonna have you try the drivers right between those 2 bad series. Then put the Auros back in. .

The 385.xx | 388.xx series are not a good spot to be.

Try this:

Download DDU (get the 17.0.7.5):
  • Install DDU

• Hold [SHIFT] and click on RESTART Windows.
  • you will end up in Safe mode
  • Cannot use PIN, must use Account password to enter SAFE MODE

Run DDU:
  • Select: NVIDIA software and Drivers
  • Select: Clean, Do not Restart
  • Shutdown the computer

• Run the Microsoft Show hide tool
  • Hide all NVIDIA software and driver
  • Run it again to make sure there are no more, if more appear, keep rerunning

• Download this 387.92 driver
  • Run DOWNLOAD package
  • Select: CUSTOM
  • Check the CLEAN INSTALL box
  • Finish install
  • Reboot

• Gonna have you try the drivers right between those 2 bad series. Then put the Auros back in.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
    Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 11/25/2017 02:47 PM   
    [quote="Greybear"]. The 385.xx | 388.xx series are not a good spot to be. Try this: Download [url=http://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v17075-released]DDU[/url] (get the 17.0.7.5): [.]Install DDU[/.] Hold [SHIFT] and click on RESTART Windows. [.]you will end up in Safe mode[/.] Cannot use PIN, must use Account password to enter SAFE MODE Run DDU: [.]Select: NVIDIA software and Drivers[/.] [.]Select: Clean, Do not Restart[/.] [.]Shutdown the computer[/.] Run the [url=http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f22d5fdb-59cd-4275-8c95-1be17bf70b21/wushowhide.diagcab]Microsoft Show hide tool[/url] [.]Hide all NVIDIA software and driver[/.] [.]Run it again to make sure there are no more, if more appear, [color="orange"]keep rerunning[/color][/.] Download this [url=http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/387.92/387.92-desktop-win10-64bit-international-rs3-whql.exe]387.92[/url] driver [.]Run DOWNLOAD package[/.] [.]Select: CUSTOM[/.] [.]Check the CLEAN INSTALL box[/.] [.]Finish install[/.] [.][color="orange"]Reboot[/color][/.] Gonna have you try the drivers right between those 2 bad series. Then put the Auros back in. .[/quote] Thanks but the tool and those drivers are for Windows 10, I suppose I can try without it and using the correct W7 version of those drivers?
    Greybear said:.

The 385.xx | 388.xx series are not a good spot to be.

Try this:

• Install DDU

• Hold [SHIFT] and click on RESTART Windows.
  • you will end up in Safe mode
  • Cannot use PIN, must use Account password to enter SAFE MODE

Run DDU:
  • Shutdown the computer

• Run the Microsoft Show hide tool
  • Hide all NVIDIA software and driver
  • Run it again to make sure there are no more, if more appear, keep rerunning

• Download this 387.92 driver
  • Run DOWNLOAD package
  • Finish install
  • Reboot

• Gonna have you try the drivers right between those 2 bad series. Then put the Auros back in.

Thanks but the tool and those drivers are for Windows 10, I suppose I can try without it and using the correct W7 version of those drivers?

Posted 11/25/2017 03:07 PM   
    . Here is the Windows 7 instructions: Download [url=http://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v17075-released]DDU[/url] (get the 17.0.7.5): [.]Install DDU[/.] Shutdown and Reboot [.]after the POST hardware assignment | Find screen[/.] [.]Tap F8 before Windows starts loading[/.] [.]SAFE MODE - no Networking[/.] (or you should be able to use MSCONFIG to get it to reboot in SAFE MODE, then change it back before leaving Safe Mode) Run DDU: [.]Select: NVIDIA software and Drivers[/.] [.]Select: Clean, Do not Restart[/.] [.]Shutdown the computer[/.] Download this [url=http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/387.92/387.92-desktop-win8-win7-64bit-international-rs3-whql.exe]387.92[/url] Windows 7 | 8 drivers [.]Run DOWNLOAD package[/.] [.]Select: CUSTOM[/.] [.]Check the CLEAN INSTALL box[/.] [.]Finish install[/.] [.][color="orange"]Reboot[/color][/.] .

Here is the Windows 7 instructions:

• Install DDU

• Shutdown and Reboot
  • after the POST hardware assignment | Find screen
  • Tap F8 before Windows starts loading
  • SAFE MODE - no Networking
  • (or you should be able to use MSCONFIG to get it to reboot in SAFE MODE, then change it back before leaving Safe Mode)

Run DDU:
  • Shutdown the computer

• Download this 387.92 Windows 7 | 8 drivers
  • Run DOWNLOAD package
  • Finish install
  • Reboot

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

Posted 11/25/2017 03:22 PM   
    [quote="Greybear"]. Here is the Windows 7 instructions: Download [url=http://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v17075-released]DDU[/url] (get the 17.0.7.5): [.]Install DDU[/.] Shutdown and Reboot [.]after the POST hardware assignment | Find screen[/.] [.]Tap F8 before Windows starts loading[/.] [.]SAFE MODE - no Networking[/.] (or you should be able to use MSCONFIG to get it to reboot in SAFE MODE, then change it back before leaving Safe Mode) Run DDU: [.]Select: NVIDIA software and Drivers[/.] [.]Select: Clean, Do not Restart[/.] [.]Shutdown the computer[/.] Download this [url=http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/387.92/387.92-desktop-win8-win7-64bit-international-rs3-whql.exe]387.92[/url] Windows 7 | 8 drivers [.]Run DOWNLOAD package[/.] [.]Select: CUSTOM[/.] [.]Check the CLEAN INSTALL box[/.] [.]Finish install[/.] [.][color="orange"]Reboot[/color][/.] .[/quote] No errors for now, seems much more stable than before. Will keep testing. Thanks!
    Greybear said:.

Here is the Windows 7 instructions:

• Install DDU

• Shutdown and Reboot
  • after the POST hardware assignment | Find screen
  • Tap F8 before Windows starts loading
  • SAFE MODE - no Networking
  • (or you should be able to use MSCONFIG to get it to reboot in SAFE MODE, then change it back before leaving Safe Mode)

Run DDU:
  • Shutdown the computer

• Download this 387.92 Windows 7 | 8 drivers
  • Run DOWNLOAD package
  • Finish install
  • Reboot

No errors for now, seems much more stable than before. Will keep testing. Thanks!

Posted 11/25/2017 11:17 PM   
    . Thank you for the update. .

Thank you for the update.

Posted 11/26/2017 12:38 AM   
    Updating this because the issue happened again with those drivers. Gonna stay with the 385.28 drivers for now since I'm not having any issue with those.
    Updating this because the issue happened again with those drivers. Gonna stay with the 385.28 drivers for now since I'm not having any issue with those.

Posted 11/27/2017 06:19 PM   
    . Thank you for the update. The next driver I would have suggested are older than the ones you presently like. If you want, Lets look and see if there is another cause: Run [url=http://www.hwinfo.com/files/hw64_524.exe]HWInfo64[/url] [.]Sensors Only[/.] [.] bottom right - LOGGING (start that)[/.] [.]Leave it running in the Background[/.] Download [url=http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/getmirror/3dmark,1.html]3DMark[/url] [.]Install[/.] [.]Run it[/.] [.]Run only the Firestrike DEMO | Benchmark[/.] [.][color="orange"]Compare Results Online is a Webpage[/color][/.] [.][color="orange"]Please Post that Link here[/color][/.] [.]Close 3DMark / Firestrike[/.] [.][color="orange"]Get Screenshot(s) HWinfo64 showing all info[/color][/.] [.][color="orange"]Post screenshots of HWinfo64[/color][/.] [color="orange"]Get all the Info, generally 3-5 screenshots. Do not use Tinypic[/color] [center]Do not attempt to [size="S"][ALT]+[Tab][/size] or it will crash, let the whole thing run without screwing with it[/center] [color="orange"]Upload the LOG FILE to DropBox | GoogleDrive | FileDropper and then send me a PM with the link to the file please.[/color] =================== Power Supply make and model? Download [url=https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard]SPECCY[/url]. [.]Download[/.] [.]Install[/.] [.]REBOOT <----IMPORTANT[/.] [.]Run Speccy, Top left corner FILE > PUBLISH SNAPSHOT ... PM me the link please.[/.] [center]DO NOT USE SAVED SNAPSHOT as that has private information that is removed in PUBLISHED SNAPSHOT[/center] .

Thank you for the update. The next driver I would have suggested are older than the ones you presently like.

If you want, Lets look and see if there is another cause:

Run HWInfo64
  • Sensors Only
  • bottom right - LOGGING (start that)
  • Leave it running in the Background

• Download 3DMark
  • Install
  • Run it
  • Run only the Firestrike DEMO | Benchmark
  • Compare Results Online is a Webpage
  • Please Post that Link here

• Close 3DMark / Firestrike
  • Get Screenshot(s) HWinfo64 showing all info
  • Post screenshots of HWinfo64
  • Get all the Info, generally 3-5 screenshots. Do not use Tinypic

Do not attempt to [ALT]+[Tab] or it will crash, let the whole thing run without screwing with it

Upload the LOG FILE to DropBox | GoogleDrive | FileDropper and then send me a PM with the link to the file please.

===================

Power Supply make and model?

Download SPECCY.
  • Download
  • Install
  • REBOOT <----IMPORTANT
  • Run Speccy, Top left corner FILE > PUBLISH SNAPSHOT ... PM me the link please.

• DO NOT USE SAVED SNAPSHOT as that has private information that is removed in PUBLISHED SNAPSHOT

Posted 11/27/2017 07:06 PM   
    MP sended.
    MP sended.

Posted 11/27/2017 08:44 PM   
    . So, Your 3DMark score is not bad. You sent me a comparison between it and another. This is a false sense of how your card is performing, because compared to that one, it looks like crap. :) This is why: [IMG]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn286/Greybear1n2/Why_you_cannot_compare_zpseizlufba.png[/IMG] Even using the [url=https://www.3dmark.com/fs/9342199]16,000 score[/url], they have a faster card, higher CPU OC, and possibly faster memory (response time) Difference equates to 5FPS. So when you put it into context, you realize your card is doing pretty good. ========================== [quote]OS: Win 7 HP 64-bit SP1 CPU: i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX F3-17000CL11-4GBXL @ [color="orange"]2133MHz (11-11-11-30)[/color] Mobo: ASRock [url=http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Pro3/]Z77 Pro3[/url] (BIOS P1.90) Monitor: XB271HU (2560x1440@165Hz) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Aorus 8GB HDD: 1TB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 Optical: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSB0 Audio: Realtek HD Audio PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 Modular 650watt[/quote] The Memory is Timed correctly for the 2133MHz profile, the problem is it is only supposed to get that speed when OCed. [quote] Supports DDR3 2800+(OC)/2400(OC)/2133(OC)/1866(OC)/1600/1333/1066 non-ECC, un-buffered memory[/quote] ============= Data all looks good. Temps look good. Voltages look good. GPU is clocking great. The HWInfo64 data shows the iGPU which is odd because SPECCY does not see it and the Screenshots do not show it. =============== In your background processes you have the ""Interactive Services Detection"" - not used to seeing this running and think it is supposed to be be running. You have a service MEGAsync *just making sure you know it is running) Set the Futuremark SystemInfo Service: [Manual] ============= In all of that that only things that I feel might be contributing to the constant blinking are: @165Hz OC on the monitor Memory (possibly due to no OCed) ============= Get you to try one more driver? [url=http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/382.33/382.33-desktop-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe]382.33[/url] Monitor should have come with its own HS cables. You are using them correct? No adapters? .

So, Your 3DMark score is not bad. You sent me a comparison between it and another. This is a false sense of how your card is performing, because compared to that one, it looks like crap. :)

This is why:

Even using the 16,000 score, they have a faster card, higher CPU OC, and possibly faster memory (response time)

Difference equates to 5FPS.

So when you put it into context, you realize your card is doing pretty good.

==========================

CPU: i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz
    Monitor: XB271HU (2560x1440@165Hz)
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Aorus 8GB
    PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 Modular 650watt

The Memory is Timed correctly for the 2133MHz profile, the problem is it is only supposed to get that speed when OCed.

Supports DDR3 2800+(OC)/2400(OC)/2133(OC)/1866(OC)/1600/1333/1066 non-ECC, un-buffered memory

=============

Data all looks good. Temps look good. Voltages look good.

GPU is clocking great.

The HWInfo64 data shows the iGPU which is odd because SPECCY does not see it and the Screenshots do not show it.

===============

In your background processes you have the ""Interactive Services Detection"" - not used to seeing this running and think it is supposed to be be running.

You have a service MEGAsync *just making sure you know it is running)

Set the Futuremark SystemInfo Service: [Manual]

=============

In all of that that only things that I feel might be contributing to the constant blinking are:

@165Hz OC on the monitor
    Memory (possibly due to no OCed)

=============

Get you to try one more driver? 382.33

Monitor should have come with its own HS cables. You are using them correct? No adapters?

Posted 11/28/2017 01:53 AM   
    Thanks for your answer. Those memories comes at 2133mhz with their stock settings so there is not OC involved (I'm using the original XMP profiles) and has been working fine for 3 years, so I think they are fine (tho maybe I will try a memtest just to be sure). Tomorrow I'm gonna go back to the latest drivers try using the monitor at stock hz (which is 144hz) and see what happens. Also, I'm gonna try this software: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=755 and completly disable TDR to see if it fixes it or I get a freeze/hang. Yes, I'm using the cables that came with it and not using any kind of adapter. Any reason to go to 382.33?
    Thanks for your answer. Those memories comes at 2133mhz with their stock settings so there is not OC involved (I'm using the original XMP profiles) and has been working fine for 3 years, so I think they are fine (tho maybe I will try a memtest just to be sure).

Tomorrow I'm gonna go back to the latest drivers try using the monitor at stock hz (which is 144hz) and see what happens. Also, I'm gonna try this software: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=755 and completly disable TDR to see if it fixes it or I get a freeze/hang.

Yes, I'm using the cables that came with it and not using any kind of adapter.

Any reason to go to 382.33?

Posted 11/28/2017 02:54 AM   
    disabling TDR will just result in recoverable errors becoming bsods.
    disabling TDR will just result in recoverable errors becoming bsods.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
    CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
    Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
    Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
    SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
    HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
    Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
    Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
    CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
    Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
    Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
    SDD:Pending
    HDD:Pending
    Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
    Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 11/28/2017 04:28 AM   
    [quote="Pikmax"]Thanks for your answer. Those memories comes at 2133mhz with their stock settings so there is not OC involved (I'm using the original XMP profiles) and has been working fine for 3 years, so I think they are fine (tho maybe I will try a memtest just to be sure).[/quote] Do not use MEMTEST, just remove 1 test it to the issue, then swap and retest. I have seen Memtest pass RAM that is not TRULY bad but not good. As in, I could boot the computer 1 out of 3 times, Memtest passed the memory as good. Remove 2 modules and the Computer booted Every time. But do that after you have put the 382.33 driver I gave in place. [quote="Pikmax"]Tomorrow I'm gonna go back to the latest drivers[/quote] [quote="Greybear"]The 385.xx | 388.xx series are not a good spot to be.[/quote] [quote="Pikmax"]Any reason to go to 382.33?[/quote] If the issue is still happening when using this driver, issue is not driver related. .
    Pikmax said:Thanks for your answer. Those memories comes at 2133mhz with their stock settings so there is not OC involved (I'm using the original XMP profiles) and has been working fine for 3 years, so I think they are fine (tho maybe I will try a memtest just to be sure).
    Do not use MEMTEST, just remove 1 test it to the issue, then swap and retest.

I have seen Memtest pass RAM that is not TRULY bad but not good. As in, I could boot the computer 1 out of 3 times, Memtest passed the memory as good. Remove 2 modules and the Computer booted Every time.

But do that after you have put the 382.33 driver I gave in place.

Pikmax said:Tomorrow I'm gonna go back to the latest drivers
    Greybear said:The 385.xx | 388.xx series are not a good spot to be.

Pikmax said:Any reason to go to 382.33?
    If the issue is still happening when using this driver, issue is not driver related.

Posted 11/28/2017 04:52 AM   
      1 / 2    
    Scroll To Top