nvlddmkm error id 14 related to MoBo BIOS version
  2 / 2    
Hello, so far it's still good. Well, few times it did just a mini freeze for like 0,3 second. But it never did more and game then continued to work completelly fine. By how often that happened (still like once every second day), I think it's the same problem, but with old settings, it would caused freeze for 3 seconds or complete hang, not 0,3 second it doing now. So I think in this state it's fine and it's not needed to trying find or change anything in the system right now. I will post here again if it will do something more in the future. Something interesting: When in the past game started doing that freezing slideshow, game sounds started stuttering, and even when after some time screen freezed completelly and input (mouse and keyboard) didn't react. But if I was on Teamspeak with my teammates (headphones connected via USB), I was still able to hear them and talk to them, so I atleast could tell them to pause the game before I restared computer. Game I talk about mostly here is CS:GO, which I play most recently. But I remember these random freezes happened when I played for example Mafia III, which is demanding game for hardware. Some less extensive game didn't cause any problems, like I finished Life is Strange two times without a single problem. (One of factors can maybe is if game uses Direct3D, OpenGL, Vulkan or whatever..) Thanks for your help.
Hello,

so far it's still good. Well, few times it did just a mini freeze for like 0,3 second. But it never did more and game then continued to work completelly fine. By how often that happened (still like once every second day), I think it's the same problem, but with old settings, it would caused freeze for 3 seconds or complete hang, not 0,3 second it doing now. So I think in this state it's fine and it's not needed to trying find or change anything in the system right now. I will post here again if it will do something more in the future.

Something interesting: When in the past game started doing that freezing slideshow, game sounds started stuttering, and even when after some time screen freezed completelly and input (mouse and keyboard) didn't react. But if I was on Teamspeak with my teammates (headphones connected via USB), I was still able to hear them and talk to them, so I atleast could tell them to pause the game before I restared computer.

Game I talk about mostly here is CS:GO, which I play most recently. But I remember these random freezes happened when I played for example Mafia III, which is demanding game for hardware. Some less extensive game didn't cause any problems, like I finished Life is Strange two times without a single problem. (One of factors can maybe is if game uses Direct3D, OpenGL, Vulkan or whatever..)

Thanks for your help.

Posted 12/04/2017 01:51 PM   
. Sounds like you still have a Problem. In the BIOS, You want to set the MEMORY SPEED manually and use the timings I gave previously. .

Sounds like you still have a Problem.

In the BIOS, You want to set the MEMORY SPEED manually and use the timings I gave previously.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 12/04/2017 02:09 PM   
Well, I can try that. I just looked at supported memory list on my motherboard [url]http://uk.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z170X-Gaming-3-EU-rev-10#support-doc[/url] and my memories are listed there as supported with 2666 MHz and CL15. Product code of my memory is HX426C15FBK2/16
Well, I can try that.

I just looked at supported memory list on my motherboard http://uk.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z170X-Gaming-3-EU-rev-10#support-doc and my memories are listed there as supported with 2666 MHz and CL15. Product code of my memory is HX426C15FBK2/16

Posted 12/04/2017 02:31 PM   
. Never said they were not Supported, what I said was: [quote]The motherboard DEFAULT RAM speed is 2133MHz. In order to use the 2666MHz (15-17-17-35) you have to OC the CPU. The BIOS is set to use the XMP-Profile which means it assigns those Settings. Thus everytime your CPU drops below 3510MHz it is using 2133MHz at the wrong timings. My suggestion is to actually either: Disable the EIST (Speedstepping) Set the CPU core Ratio at x36 or: Set the RAM speed: 2133MHz Timings: 12-14-14-28[/quote] Your Memory is supported and at the 2666MHz speed but the CPU has to be OC'ed Since you are not running an OC'ed system, every time it drops below the TURBO level, it is using RAM that is set incorrectly. [IMG]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn286/Greybear1n2/GA_Z170X_Gaming3_MemorySpecs_zpsz1xxarf0.png[/IMG]

Never said they were not Supported, what I said was:
The motherboard DEFAULT RAM speed is 2133MHz. In order to use the 2666MHz (15-17-17-35) you have to OC the CPU.

The BIOS is set to use the XMP-Profile which means it assigns those Settings. Thus everytime your CPU drops below 3510MHz it is using 2133MHz at the wrong timings.

My suggestion is to actually either:
Disable the EIST (Speedstepping)
Set the CPU core Ratio at x36

or:
Set the RAM speed: 2133MHz
Timings: 12-14-14-28
Your Memory is supported and at the 2666MHz speed but the CPU has to be OC'ed

Since you are not running an OC'ed system, every time it drops below the TURBO level, it is using RAM that is set incorrectly.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

Posted 12/05/2017 01:41 AM   
So, I made changes to memory as you said. In BIOS: I left XMP on Disabled (default value) I changed memory multiplier to 21,33 -> 2133 MHz And I changed timings to 12-14-14-28 (CAS Latency (CL), tRCD, tRP, tRAS) I left all other timings on Auto Do you want me to run some tests now? I wonder why memory should be involved in this problem. Only thing I can think of now is that Windows 10 can share RAM as video memory, which could cause some graphic issues. But if my memory would be bad, shouldn't problems like this be more frequent and happen in other times than just while gaming? But maybe these CPU or RAM settings can be reason why it freezes soon after Windows starts and even on desktop with newest BIOS.
So, I made changes to memory as you said.

In BIOS:
I left XMP on Disabled (default value)
I changed memory multiplier to 21,33 -> 2133 MHz
And I changed timings to 12-14-14-28 (CAS Latency (CL), tRCD, tRP, tRAS)
I left all other timings on Auto

Do you want me to run some tests now? I wonder why memory should be involved in this problem. Only thing I can think of now is that Windows 10 can share RAM as video memory, which could cause some graphic issues. But if my memory would be bad, shouldn't problems like this be more frequent and happen in other times than just while gaming?

But maybe these CPU or RAM settings can be reason why it freezes soon after Windows starts and even on desktop with newest BIOS.

Posted 12/07/2017 07:11 PM   
. Errors will happen randomly depending on stress and other factors. There is not rhyme or reason sometimes. Definitely test it. .

Errors will happen randomly depending on stress and other factors. There is not rhyme or reason sometimes.

Definitely test it.

Posted 12/08/2017 03:02 AM   
  2 / 2    
Scroll To Top