Outcast: Second Contact
  1 / 2    
Here is new game [url]http://store.steampowered.com/app/618970/Outcast__Second_Contact/[/url] It looks like good adept for 3D Vision game ;-)
Here is new game http://store.steampowered.com/app/618970/Outcast__Second_Contact/

It looks like good adept for 3D Vision game ;-)

Posted 11/14/2017 06:26 PM   
Just picked it up - Unity 5.6. 3D kicks in (with -window-mode exclusive in the Steam launch options) and it has potential, but issues with lighting/shadows... it's playable, but only just. I have yet to find a decent CM profile, but still working on it. Will post a couple of screens shortly.
Just picked it up - Unity 5.6. 3D kicks in (with -window-mode exclusive in the Steam launch options) and it has potential, but issues with lighting/shadows... it's playable, but only just.

I have yet to find a decent CM profile, but still working on it.

Will post a couple of screens shortly.

Posted 11/14/2017 07:37 PM   
Im not religiopus, but im actually praying now for this fix to work out. This is one of my alltime fav games and to play this remake in 3D would be an absolute dream come true.
Im not religiopus, but im actually praying now for this fix to work out.

This is one of my alltime fav games and to play this remake in 3D would be an absolute dream come true.

Posted 11/22/2017 07:24 PM   
The last time the first game was on sale on GOG was in December 2013... Are there Unity templates and scripts for Unity 5.6 already? I don't remember.
The last time the first game was on sale on GOG was in December 2013...

Are there Unity templates and scripts for Unity 5.6 already? I don't remember.

Email for PayPal donations: masterotakusuko@gmail.com
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 5
RAM: GSKILL Ripjaws Z 16GB 3866MHz CL18
GPU: Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
Speakers: Logitech Z506

Posted 11/23/2017 08:11 AM   
Hi guys, i'm working on 3D vision fix for the new Outcast, i've got 2 regions fixed for a moment, but each region have its own special shaders, so i'll need to walk-through the whole game, before the fix is complete. If you'd like i can post current state of fix here, and you can play some part of the game.
Hi guys, i'm working on 3D vision fix for the new Outcast,
i've got 2 regions fixed for a moment, but each region have its own special shaders,
so i'll need to walk-through the whole game, before the fix is complete.
If you'd like i can post current state of fix here, and you can play some part of the game.

Posted 12/04/2017 07:04 PM   
[quote="Andrey Shulzhenko"]Hi guys, i'm working on 3D vision fix for the new Outcast, i've got 2 regions fixed for a moment, but each region have its own special shaders, so i'll need to walk-through the whole game, before the fix is complete. If you'd like i can post current state of fix here, and you can play some part of the game. [/quote] Great news !! Now I have to buy the game, was a huge fan of the original :) Please do post your WIP fix here, do you fix by hand or / and templates ?
Andrey Shulzhenko said:Hi guys, i'm working on 3D vision fix for the new Outcast,
i've got 2 regions fixed for a moment, but each region have its own special shaders,
If you'd like i can post current state of fix here, and you can play some part of the game.

Great news !!
Now I have to buy the game, was a huge fan of the original :)

Please do post your WIP fix here, do you fix by hand or / and templates ?

Win7 64bit Pro
CPU: 4790K 4.8 GHZ
GPU: Aurus 1080 TI 2.08 GHZ - 100% Watercooled !
And lots of ram and HD's ;)

Posted 12/04/2017 08:01 PM   
[quote="Andrey Shulzhenko"]Hi guys, i'm working on 3D vision fix for the new Outcast, i've got 2 regions fixed for a moment, but each region have its own special shaders, so i'll need to walk-through the whole game, before the fix is complete. If you'd like i can post current state of fix here, and you can play some part of the game. [/quote] Thats amazing, now I'm going to buy that game too! What's the performance like in 3d?
Andrey Shulzhenko said:Hi guys, i'm working on 3D vision fix for the new Outcast,

Thats amazing, now I'm going to buy that game too! What's the performance like in 3d?

Posted 12/05/2017 09:26 AM   
[url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6f7mzg5d66gu4u/OutcastSC_StereoFix.zip?dl=0[/url] Ok, the current WIP fix is here, to install - just unzip into the game folder (with outcast.exe). Ranzaar, Shamazaar & Talanzaar regions are fixed, but if you find any issues, please send me feedback. Enjoy! P.S. Performance in 3d is the same as in 2d - average 30-40 fps on GTX 1060. I'm doing the fix by hands, because i've tried templates for older Unity engine, and they didn't work, and i was not able to fix them for a reasonable time.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6f7mzg5d66gu4u/OutcastSC_StereoFix.zip?dl=0
Ok, the current WIP fix is here, to install - just unzip into the game folder (with outcast.exe).
Ranzaar, Shamazaar & Talanzaar regions are fixed, but if you find any issues, please send me feedback.
Enjoy!

P.S.
Performance in 3d is the same as in 2d - average 30-40 fps on GTX 1060.
I'm doing the fix by hands, because i've tried templates for older Unity engine, and they didn't work,
and i was not able to fix them for a reasonable time.

Posted 12/05/2017 12:45 PM   
Hi there! Thanks to work on this game Andrey. I tested your wip fix at Shamazar and its beautiful and working very well. As a feedback, I notice very litte reflexions/shadows issues on the water, also on screen info and aim reticule are yet not at a good depth to play. I´m glady in test stuff if you need. Keep up the good work!
Hi there!

Thanks to work on this game Andrey. I tested your wip fix at Shamazar and its beautiful and working very well.
As a feedback, I notice very litte reflexions/shadows issues on the water, also on screen info and aim reticule are yet not at a good depth to play.

I´m glady in test stuff if you need.

Keep up the good work!

Posted 12/08/2017 12:30 AM   
[url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lbtwj0at0iw8db/OutcastSC_StereoFix_1_0.zip?dl=0[/url] I've got the whole game fixed, except some minor issues. Next will try to fix depth of shooting UI elements like crosshair.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lbtwj0at0iw8db/OutcastSC_StereoFix_1_0.zip?dl=0
I've got the whole game fixed, except some minor issues.
Next will try to fix depth of shooting UI elements like crosshair.

Posted 12/08/2017 11:45 AM   
Awesome work Andrey - BIG thanks :) There are some minor issues with water, if you can fix that and the UI, it will be 3D ready !!
Awesome work Andrey - BIG thanks :)

There are some minor issues with water, if you can fix that and the UI, it will be 3D ready !!

Win7 64bit Pro
CPU: 4790K 4.8 GHZ
GPU: Aurus 1080 TI 2.08 GHZ - 100% Watercooled !
And lots of ram and HD's ;)

Posted 12/08/2017 09:59 PM   
This was in my wishlist, now time to buy it. Thanks for the fix Andrey Shulzhenko and good luck with the rest of the issues.
This was in my wishlist, now time to buy it. Thanks for the fix Andrey Shulzhenko and good luck with the rest of the issues.

Asus Deluxe Gen3, Core i7 2700k@4.5Ghz, GTX 1080Ti, 16 GB RAM, Win 7 64bit
Samsung Pro 250 GB SSD, 4 TB WD Black (games)
Benq XL2720Z

Posted 12/09/2017 06:28 AM   
Is there any way to disable the DOF and antialiasing effects? Thanks!
Is there any way to disable the DOF and antialiasing effects? Thanks!

Posted 12/14/2017 07:29 PM   
[quote="Manumu27"]Is there any way to disable the DOF and antialiasing effects? Thanks![/quote] Oh, sorry, you just want to disable effects as you told me in a PM. Those things are usually a non mandatory bonus that I like to always do, but other fixers don't do it. Let's hope Andrey Shulzhenko fulfills your request. Or maybe you can do it if you learn how to use 3Dmigoto for hunting. However, for Yooka-Laylee it was more complex than just disabling a shader. For antialiasing and DoF I had to go to a certain part of their pixel shaders code and set something to 0 or multiply by 0 (depending on a hotkey, to also have the default effect available). Just disabling the shaders screwed the image completely, at least in the antialiasing shader. This can vary per game, of course.
Manumu27 said:Is there any way to disable the DOF and antialiasing effects? Thanks!

Oh, sorry, you just want to disable effects as you told me in a PM. Those things are usually a non mandatory bonus that I like to always do, but other fixers don't do it. Let's hope Andrey Shulzhenko fulfills your request.

Or maybe you can do it if you learn how to use 3Dmigoto for hunting. However, for Yooka-Laylee it was more complex than just disabling a shader. For antialiasing and DoF I had to go to a certain part of their pixel shaders code and set something to 0 or multiply by 0 (depending on a hotkey, to also have the default effect available). Just disabling the shaders screwed the image completely, at least in the antialiasing shader. This can vary per game, of course.

Email for PayPal donations: masterotakusuko@gmail.com
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 5
RAM: GSKILL Ripjaws Z 16GB 3866MHz CL18
GPU: Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH
Speakers: Logitech Z506

Posted 12/14/2017 07:49 PM   
Any news Andrey? Did you found a way to fix hud and crosshair?
Any news Andrey? Did you found a way to fix hud and crosshair?

Posted 12/17/2017 06:55 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top