ELEX - 3D Vision Fix
[center][size="XL"]ELEX 3D Vision fix[/size][/center] [b]What is fixed:[/b] - Shadows from sun - Point lights - Sky and moon - Decals - Volumetric fog and light shafts - Specular Highlights - Smoke and water splash [b]What is not fixed:[/b] - HUD - Everything not found [b]Known issues:[/b] - Point lights and clouds are clipped at the left and right of the screen - Ambient occlusion is a bit blurred when moving [b]Screenshots:[/b] [img]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mx-2/3d-fix/master/ELEX/screenshots/ELEX01_50.jpg[/img] [img]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mx-2/3d-fix/master/ELEX/screenshots/ELEX02_50.jpg[/img] [img]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mx-2/3d-fix/master/ELEX/screenshots/ELEX03_50.jpg[/img] [b]Installation:[/b] [url=https://github.com/mx-2/3d-fix/blob/master/download/ELEX-3d-fix.7z?raw=true]Download[/url] and extract this file into the directory which contains the ELEX.exe (should be ./system) preserving the directory structure so that "d3dx.ini" is in the same directory as the .exe. [b]Changelog:[/b] - v1.0: Initial release [b]Credits:[/b] - bo3b, DarkStarSword, Flugan and all others contributors for 3Dmigoto - DarkStarSword for explanations on Frame Analysis and Tile Lighting -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This fix is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Tested with ELEX v1.0 (GOG) on ultra setting on Windows 7 x64 with driver 358.87. This fix is still partially work in progress as I haven't played the game yet but. If you find any unfixed effects please let me know. A savegame of the location would help a lot.
ELEX 3D Vision fix

What is fixed:
- Shadows from sun
- Point lights
- Sky and moon
- Decals
- Volumetric fog and light shafts
- Specular Highlights
- Smoke and water splash

What is not fixed:
- HUD
- Everything not found

Known issues:
- Point lights and clouds are clipped at the left and right of the screen
- Ambient occlusion is a bit blurred when moving

Screenshots:

Installation:
Download and extract this file into the directory which contains the ELEX.exe (should be ./system) preserving the directory structure so that "d3dx.ini" is in the same directory as the .exe.

Changelog:
- v1.0: Initial release

Credits:
- bo3b, DarkStarSword, Flugan and all others contributors for 3Dmigoto
- DarkStarSword for explanations on Frame Analysis and Tile Lighting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This fix is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Tested with ELEX v1.0 (GOG) on ultra setting on Windows 7 x64 with driver 358.87.

This fix is still partially work in progress as I haven't played the game yet but.
If you find any unfixed effects please let me know. A savegame of the location would help a lot.
WOOOW.. I knew you could pull it off, with tile lightning and everything, very impressive :) THANK YOU mx-2 !!!
WOOOW.. I knew you could pull it off, with tile lightning and everything, very impressive :)

THANK YOU mx-2 !!!

Posted 11/14/2017 04:55 PM   
THANK YOU
THANK YOU

Posted 11/14/2017 05:08 PM   
Wow! Awesome stuff! And congrats for making it working! Looks very awesome from the pics;)
Wow!

Awesome stuff! And congrats for making it working! Looks very awesome from the pics;)

Life is as empty without Terror, as is without Love...
But thou Chaos can be beautiful...
It can not last...

-
2x Asus GTX 980Ti Strix (OC edition), Custom Water-cooling to kick the Temperature & Noise arse ^_^
-3x Asus VG278HE 3D Vision 2 monitors (3D Surround)
i7 4790K @ 5.0Ghz ontop of Asus Maximus VII Ranger
DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2133
RAID0 256GB SSDs
RAID0 2TB Mechanical HDD (WD Black)
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)
120hz 3D Samsung LCD Panel

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
256GB SSD + 1TB mechanical HDD
-
Alienware M14x R1
GT555M (1.5GB VRAM) - Regular LG LCD
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
256 SSD + 512GB mechanical HDD
-
Paypal for donations: tavyhome@gmail.com

Posted 11/14/2017 07:00 PM   
Brilliant! I'm glad i was able to steer you in the right direction with the shadows.
Brilliant! I'm glad i was able to steer you in the right direction with the shadows.

Like my work? You can send a donation via Paypal to sgs.rules@gmail.com

Windows 7 Pro 64x - Nvidia Driver 373.03 - EVGA 980Ti SC - Optoma HD26 with Edid override - 3D Vision 2 - i7-2600K CPU at 4.2Ghz - ASUS Z97-A Motherboard - 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance - 512 GB Samsung SSD 850 Pro - Creative Sound Blaster Z

Posted 11/14/2017 07:34 PM   
Thank you! I've really been waiting for this.
Thank you! I've really been waiting for this.

Posted 11/15/2017 03:51 AM   
Thanks for the fix! I was sometimes confused by this game, thinking "is this medieval or futuristic?". I guess there is a story explanation. The game seems interesting. I've looked at the shaders and they are different from the stuff I usually find for lights and shadows, so they may be helpful for other games. It's great how you (and people that helped) fixed all those effects.
Thanks for the fix! I was sometimes confused by this game, thinking "is this medieval or futuristic?". I guess there is a story explanation. The game seems interesting.

I've looked at the shaders and they are different from the stuff I usually find for lights and shadows, so they may be helpful for other games. It's great how you (and people that helped) fixed all those effects.

Email for PayPal donations: masterotakusuko@gmail.com
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 5
RAM: GSKILL Ripjaws Z 16GB 3866MHz CL18
GPU: Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
Speakers: Logitech Z506

Posted 11/15/2017 07:49 AM   
[quote="masterotaku"]Thanks for the fix! I was sometimes confused by this game, thinking "is this medieval or futuristic?". I guess there is a story explanation. The game seems interesting.[/quote]The game is set after a giant meteor strike on a high-tech world. This leads to the cross-over between medieval and some remaining futuristic devices. [quote="masterotaku"]I've looked at the shaders and they are different from the stuff I usually find for lights and shadows, so they may be helpful for other games. It's great how you (and people that helped) fixed all those effects.[/quote] Yes, that game needs some very special fixes that I haven't seens before as well. This is also the reason why the HUD is still unfixed.
masterotaku said:Thanks for the fix! I was sometimes confused by this game, thinking "is this medieval or futuristic?". I guess there is a story explanation. The game seems interesting.
The game is set after a giant meteor strike on a high-tech world. This leads to the cross-over between medieval and some remaining futuristic devices.

masterotaku said:I've looked at the shaders and they are different from the stuff I usually find for lights and shadows, so they may be helpful for other games. It's great how you (and people that helped) fixed all those effects.
Yes, that game needs some very special fixes that I haven't seens before as well. This is also the reason why the HUD is still unfixed.
@mx-2 You should put your fixes (ELEX, Risen 1, 2 and 3) in the helixmod Blog....i only see a tweak for Risen.
@mx-2
You should put your fixes (ELEX, Risen 1, 2 and 3) in the helixmod Blog....i only see a tweak for Risen.
Posted 11/15/2017 04:35 PM   
[quote="DHR"]@mx-2 You should put your fixes (ELEX, Risen 1, 2 and 3) in the helixmod Blog....i only see a tweak for Risen. [/quote]I know, the reason is that it was impossible for me to create a Helixblog account and don't have the time to try that again and again. When I completed the Risen 1 fix, it was linked as a tweak guide but I don't know how to do that anymore. I think somebody did that for me but I'm not sure.
DHR said:@mx-2
You should put your fixes (ELEX, Risen 1, 2 and 3) in the helixmod Blog....i only see a tweak for Risen.
I know, the reason is that it was impossible for me to create a Helixblog account and don't have the time to try that again and again.

When I completed the Risen 1 fix, it was linked as a tweak guide but I don't know how to do that anymore. I think somebody did that for me but I'm not sure.
Just started the game and it looks awesome with your fix mx-2 !! Unfortunatelly the game crashes after a few seconds.. (right after jumping over the first wall) Without the fix, but still with 3D on, it doesn't crash at all...
Just started the game and it looks awesome with your fix mx-2 !!

Unfortunatelly the game crashes after a few seconds.. (right after jumping over the first wall)

Without the fix, but still with 3D on, it doesn't crash at all...

Posted 11 hours ago   
[quote="Blacksmith56"]Just started the game and it looks awesome with your fix mx-2 !! Unfortunatelly the game crashes after a few seconds.. (right after jumping over the first wall) Without the fix, but still with 3D on, it doesn't crash at all...[/quote]I've no idea what's going on but there are only a few crashes, about once every 30 minutes, on my system: [quote="mx-2"]Tested with ELEX v1.0 (GOG) on ultra setting on Windows 7 x64 with driver 358.87.[/quote]Please double check that everything is correctly installed and that there are no overlays (Steam!) activated. If that does not help, try a different driver version.
Blacksmith56 said:Just started the game and it looks awesome with your fix mx-2 !!

Unfortunatelly the game crashes after a few seconds.. (right after jumping over the first wall)

Without the fix, but still with 3D on, it doesn't crash at all...
I've no idea what's going on but there are only a few crashes, about once every 30 minutes, on my system:

mx-2 said:Tested with ELEX v1.0 (GOG) on ultra setting on Windows 7 x64 with driver 358.87.
Please double check that everything is correctly installed and that there are no overlays (Steam!) activated. If that does not help, try a different driver version.
Scroll To Top