ELEX - 3D Vision Fix
  1 / 8    
[center][size="XL"]ELEX 3D Vision fix[/size][/center] This fix aims to make the game "ELEX" 3D vision ready. It is tested with ELEX v1.0.2946 (GOG) on ultra setting and 1920x1080 resolution on Windows 7 x64 with driver 358.87. Steam version is reported to work as well if the Steam overlay is disabled. [color=orange][b]This fix may not work on Windows 10 or if the Evil Update (KB2670838) is installed![/b][/color] [b]What is fixed:[/b] - Shadows from sun - Point lights - Sky and moon - Decals - Volumetric fog and light shafts - Specular Highlights - Smoke and water splash - Rain - HUD - Auto crosshair [b]What is not fixed:[/b] - Everything not found [b]Known issues:[/b] - Point lights and clouds are clipped at the left and right of the screen - Ambient occlusion is a bit blurred when moving as this game used temporal blur. This can be disabled by pressing F3 in game. - Dialog boxes are clipped at the edges, especially on high HUD depths. [b]Screenshots:[/b] [img]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mx-2/3d-fix/master/ELEX/screenshots/ELEX01_50.jpg[/img] [img]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mx-2/3d-fix/master/ELEX/screenshots/ELEX02_50.jpg[/img] [img]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mx-2/3d-fix/master/ELEX/screenshots/ELEX03_50.jpg[/img] [b]Installation:[/b] [url=https://github.com/mx-2/3d-fix/blob/master/download/ELEX-3d-fix.7z?raw=true]Download[/url] and extract this file into the directory which contains the ELEX.exe (should be ./system) preserving the directory structure so that "d3dx.ini" is in the same directory as the .exe. [b]Hotkeys:[/b] - F2 cycles between various HUD depths, however the HEX pattern is only correct at the standard depth - F3 disables temporal part of ambient occlusion blur - F4 cycles between two convergence presets, one for gameplay, one for MFD [b]Changelog:[/b] - v1.5: Fixed some crash issues - v1.4: Ported most fixes to ShaderRegex and updated the fix to patch 1.0.2946 - v1.3: Ported tile lighting fix to ShaderRegex to catch all missing shaders [color=gray].[/color] Decal fix now works at any resolution[/indent] [color=gray].[/color] Menu HEX pattern fix now works on any resolution and HUD depth[/indent] - v1.2: Fixed rain, decals now work at any FoV, added auto-crosshair and added hotkeys - v1.1: Fixed HUD and some minor improvements - v1.0: Initial release [b]Credits:[/b] - bo3b, DarkStarSword, Flugan and all others contributors for 3Dmigoto - DarkStarSword for explanations on Frame Analysis, Tile Lighting and render target filtering - skr68 and DHR for tracking down the crash issues This fix is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [color=orange]If you report any problems, please post your OS version and graphics driver version. Posts like "It does not work." or "It crashes." without further information are useless for error diagnosis and will be ignored.[/color]
ELEX 3D Vision fix

This fix aims to make the game "ELEX" 3D vision ready.

It is tested with ELEX v1.0.2946 (GOG) on ultra setting and 1920x1080 resolution
on Windows 7 x64 with driver 358.87.
Steam version is reported to work as well if the Steam overlay is disabled.

This fix may not work on Windows 10 or if the Evil Update (KB2670838) is installed!

What is fixed:
- Shadows from sun
- Point lights
- Sky and moon
- Decals
- Volumetric fog and light shafts
- Specular Highlights
- Smoke and water splash
- Rain
- HUD
- Auto crosshair

What is not fixed:
- Everything not found

Known issues:
- Point lights and clouds are clipped at the left and right of the screen
- Ambient occlusion is a bit blurred when moving as this game used temporal blur.
This can be disabled by pressing F3 in game.
- Dialog boxes are clipped at the edges, especially on high HUD depths.

Screenshots:

Installation:
Download and extract this file into the directory which contains the ELEX.exe (should be ./system) preserving the directory structure so that "d3dx.ini" is in the same directory as the .exe.

Hotkeys:
- F2 cycles between various HUD depths, however the HEX pattern is only correct at the standard depth
- F3 disables temporal part of ambient occlusion blur
- F4 cycles between two convergence presets, one for gameplay, one for MFD

Changelog:
- v1.5: Fixed some crash issues
- v1.4: Ported most fixes to ShaderRegex and updated the fix to patch 1.0.2946
- v1.3: Ported tile lighting fix to ShaderRegex to catch all missing shaders
. Decal fix now works at any resolution[/indent]
. Menu HEX pattern fix now works on any resolution and HUD depth[/indent]
- v1.2: Fixed rain, decals now work at any FoV, added auto-crosshair and added hotkeys
- v1.1: Fixed HUD and some minor improvements
- v1.0: Initial release

Credits:
- bo3b, DarkStarSword, Flugan and all others contributors for 3Dmigoto
- DarkStarSword for explanations on Frame Analysis, Tile Lighting and render target filtering
- skr68 and DHR for tracking down the crash issues

This fix is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you report any problems, please post your OS version and graphics driver version.
Posts like "It does not work." or "It crashes." without further information are useless for error diagnosis and will be ignored.
WOOOW.. I knew you could pull it off, with tile lightning and everything, very impressive :) THANK YOU mx-2 !!!
WOOOW.. I knew you could pull it off, with tile lightning and everything, very impressive :)

THANK YOU mx-2 !!!

Win7 64bit Pro
CPU: 4790K 4.8 GHZ
GPU: Aurus 1080 TI 2.08 GHZ - 100% Watercooled !
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
And lots of ram and HD's ;)

Posted 11/14/2017 04:55 PM   
THANK YOU
THANK YOU

Posted 11/14/2017 05:08 PM   
Wow! Awesome stuff! And congrats for making it working! Looks very awesome from the pics;)
Wow!

Awesome stuff! And congrats for making it working! Looks very awesome from the pics;)

Posted 11/14/2017 07:00 PM   
Brilliant! I'm glad i was able to steer you in the right direction with the shadows.
Brilliant! I'm glad i was able to steer you in the right direction with the shadows.

Like my work? You can send a donation via Paypal to sgs.rules@gmail.com

Windows 7 Pro 64x - Nvidia Driver 373.03 - EVGA 980Ti SC - Optoma HD26 with Edid override - 3D Vision 2 - i7-2600K CPU at 4.2Ghz - ASUS Z97-A Motherboard - 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance - 512 GB Samsung SSD 850 Pro - Creative Sound Blaster Z

Posted 11/14/2017 07:34 PM   
Thank you! I've really been waiting for this.
Thank you! I've really been waiting for this.

Posted 11/15/2017 03:51 AM   
Thanks for the fix! I was sometimes confused by this game, thinking "is this medieval or futuristic?". I guess there is a story explanation. The game seems interesting. I've looked at the shaders and they are different from the stuff I usually find for lights and shadows, so they may be helpful for other games. It's great how you (and people that helped) fixed all those effects.
Thanks for the fix! I was sometimes confused by this game, thinking "is this medieval or futuristic?". I guess there is a story explanation. The game seems interesting.

I've looked at the shaders and they are different from the stuff I usually find for lights and shadows, so they may be helpful for other games. It's great how you (and people that helped) fixed all those effects.

Email for PayPal donations: masterotakusuko@gmail.com
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 5
RAM: GSKILL Ripjaws Z 16GB 3866MHz CL18
GPU: Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH
Speakers: Logitech Z506

Posted 11/15/2017 07:49 AM   
[quote="masterotaku"]Thanks for the fix! I was sometimes confused by this game, thinking "is this medieval or futuristic?". I guess there is a story explanation. The game seems interesting.[/quote]The game is set after a giant meteor strike on a high-tech world. This leads to the cross-over between medieval and some remaining futuristic devices. [quote="masterotaku"]I've looked at the shaders and they are different from the stuff I usually find for lights and shadows, so they may be helpful for other games. It's great how you (and people that helped) fixed all those effects.[/quote] Yes, that game needs some very special fixes that I haven't seens before as well. This is also the reason why the HUD is still unfixed.
masterotaku said:Thanks for the fix! I was sometimes confused by this game, thinking "is this medieval or futuristic?". I guess there is a story explanation. The game seems interesting.
The game is set after a giant meteor strike on a high-tech world. This leads to the cross-over between medieval and some remaining futuristic devices.

masterotaku said:I've looked at the shaders and they are different from the stuff I usually find for lights and shadows, so they may be helpful for other games. It's great how you (and people that helped) fixed all those effects.
Yes, that game needs some very special fixes that I haven't seens before as well. This is also the reason why the HUD is still unfixed.
@mx-2 You should put your fixes (ELEX, Risen 1, 2 and 3) in the helixmod Blog....i only see a tweak for Risen.
@mx-2
You should put your fixes (ELEX, Risen 1, 2 and 3) in the helixmod Blog....i only see a tweak for Risen.

MY WEB

Helix Mod - Making 3D Better

My 3D Screenshot Gallery

Like my fixes? you can donate to Paypal: dhr.donation@gmail.com

Posted 11/15/2017 04:35 PM   
[quote="DHR"]@mx-2 You should put your fixes (ELEX, Risen 1, 2 and 3) in the helixmod Blog....i only see a tweak for Risen. [/quote]I know, the reason is that it was impossible for me to create a Helixblog account and don't have the time to try that again and again. When I completed the Risen 1 fix, it was linked as a tweak guide but I don't know how to do that anymore. I think somebody did that for me but I'm not sure.
DHR said:@mx-2
You should put your fixes (ELEX, Risen 1, 2 and 3) in the helixmod Blog....i only see a tweak for Risen.
I know, the reason is that it was impossible for me to create a Helixblog account and don't have the time to try that again and again.

When I completed the Risen 1 fix, it was linked as a tweak guide but I don't know how to do that anymore. I think somebody did that for me but I'm not sure.
Just started the game and it looks awesome with your fix mx-2 !! Unfortunatelly the game crashes after a few seconds.. (right after jumping over the first wall) Without the fix, but still with 3D on, it doesn't crash at all...
Just started the game and it looks awesome with your fix mx-2 !!

Unfortunatelly the game crashes after a few seconds.. (right after jumping over the first wall)

Without the fix, but still with 3D on, it doesn't crash at all...

Win7 64bit Pro

Posted 11/17/2017 02:25 PM   
[quote="Blacksmith56"]Just started the game and it looks awesome with your fix mx-2 !! Unfortunatelly the game crashes after a few seconds.. (right after jumping over the first wall) Without the fix, but still with 3D on, it doesn't crash at all...[/quote]I've no idea what's going on but there are only a few crashes, about once every 30 minutes, on my system: [quote="mx-2"]Tested with ELEX v1.0 (GOG) on ultra setting on Windows 7 x64 with driver 358.87.[/quote]Please double check that everything is correctly installed and that there are no overlays (Steam!) activated. If that does not help, try a different driver version.
Blacksmith56 said:Just started the game and it looks awesome with your fix mx-2 !!

Unfortunatelly the game crashes after a few seconds.. (right after jumping over the first wall)

Without the fix, but still with 3D on, it doesn't crash at all...
I've no idea what's going on but there are only a few crashes, about once every 30 minutes, on my system:

mx-2 said:Tested with ELEX v1.0 (GOG) on ultra setting on Windows 7 x64 with driver 358.87.
Please double check that everything is correctly installed and that there are no overlays (Steam!) activated. If that does not help, try a different driver version.
[quote="mx-2"][quote="DHR"]@mx-2 You should put your fixes (ELEX, Risen 1, 2 and 3) in the helixmod Blog....i only see a tweak for Risen. [/quote]I know, the reason is that it was impossible for me to create a Helixblog account and don't have the time to try that again and again. When I completed the Risen 1 fix, it was linked as a tweak guide but I don't know how to do that anymore. I think somebody did that for me but I'm not sure.[/quote] Having these only posted here means they will inevitably get lost. I don't presently have time to post on behalf of other people. Just resent the HelixModBlog invite to the hotmail email you provided earlier. Unless there is something funny about the way Germany requires things to be done, this should be as simple as accepting that invite. We have four other ShaderHackers not using gmail accounts. @Pauldusler: You used a German address, did you have to jump through any extra hoops to sign up? Edit: FWIW, just tested the invite process with a yahoo account, then a new dummy gmail account, and no phone was required. US based.
mx-2 said:
DHR said:@mx-2
I know, the reason is that it was impossible for me to create a Helixblog account and don't have the time to try that again and again.

When I completed the Risen 1 fix, it was linked as a tweak guide but I don't know how to do that anymore. I think somebody did that for me but I'm not sure.

Having these only posted here means they will inevitably get lost. I don't presently have time to post on behalf of other people.

Just resent the HelixModBlog invite to the hotmail email you provided earlier.

Unless there is something funny about the way Germany requires things to be done, this should be as simple as accepting that invite. We have four other ShaderHackers not using gmail accounts.

@Pauldusler: You used a German address, did you have to jump through any extra hoops to sign up?

Edit: FWIW, just tested the invite process with a yahoo account, then a new dummy gmail account, and no phone was required. US based.

Acer H5360 (1280x720@120Hz) - ASUS VG248QE with GSync mod - 3D Vision 1&2 - Driver 372.54
GTX 970 - i5-4670K@4.2GHz - 12GB RAM - Win7x64+evilKB2670838 - 4 Disk X25 RAID
SAGER NP9870-S - GTX 980 - i7-6700K - Win10 Pro 1607
Latest 3Dmigoto Release
Bo3b's School for ShaderHackers

Posted 11/18/2017 01:12 AM   
Hi, First I would like to thank all the people here for their work to keep 3D Vision alive, thank you! You are the best! Thanks for the great fix, the game looks perfect in 3D with this fix. But.... Unfortunately, the game crashes with the fix shortly after start. With an older 3Dmigoto Version, the game does not crash, but there are graphics errors. Sorry for my english :/
Hi,
First I would like to thank all the people here for their work to keep 3D Vision alive, thank you!
You are the best!

Thanks for the great fix, the game looks perfect in 3D with this fix.

But.... Unfortunately, the game crashes with the fix shortly after start.
With an older 3Dmigoto Version, the game does not crash, but there are graphics errors.

Sorry for my english :/

Posted 11/20/2017 08:27 AM   
[quote="Asder380"]Hi, First I would like to thank all the people here for their work to keep 3D Vision alive, thank you! You are the best! Thanks for the great fix, the game looks perfect in 3D with this fix. But.... Unfortunately, the game crashes with the fix shortly after start. With an older 3Dmigoto Version, the game does not crash, but there are graphics errors. Sorry for my english :/ [/quote]Thats exactly the same behavior that happens for me :/ I've tried every thing that comes to my mind, and as descriped above, only thing that prevents it from crashing is an older 3Dmigoto with broken 3D... Edit: Asder380@ Wich driver do you use ? I'm on 387.926
Asder380 said:Hi,
First I would like to thank all the people here for their work to keep 3D Vision alive, thank you!
You are the best!

Thanks for the great fix, the game looks perfect in 3D with this fix.

But.... Unfortunately, the game crashes with the fix shortly after start.
With an older 3Dmigoto Version, the game does not crash, but there are graphics errors.

Sorry for my english :/

Thats exactly the same behavior that happens for me :/

I've tried every thing that comes to my mind, and as descriped above, only thing that prevents it from crashing is an older 3Dmigoto with broken 3D...

Edit: Asder380@ Wich driver do you use ? I'm on 387.926

Win7 64bit Pro

Posted 11/20/2017 08:35 AM   
  1 / 8    
Scroll To Top