Connect GTS 250 via SPDIF with ASROCK A790GMH soundcard to get Sound via HDMI
Hi guys, i've got the following problem: when i connect my GTS 250 via hdmi with my a/v receiver there is no sound. I already read that i've to link the graphic card via SPDIF to the mainboard. The ASROCK A790GMH also has an onboard hdmi output. At this hdmi-out the sound works fine. Could you please tell me where i've to put the spdif cable on the board? Thanks!
Hi guys,

i've got the following problem:
when i connect my GTS 250 via hdmi with my a/v receiver there is no sound. I already read that i've to link the graphic card via SPDIF to the mainboard.

The ASROCK A790GMH also has an onboard hdmi output. At this hdmi-out the sound works fine.

Could you please tell me where i've to put the spdif cable on the board?

Thanks!

Posted 11/10/2017 04:57 PM   
According to the manual for that motherboard, the only spdif connection is optical on the back panel. The board layout doe not have a 2 pin connector for connection to a video card. If you don't believe me look you your motherboard manual on Google at manuals.lib
According to the manual for that motherboard, the only spdif connection is optical on the back panel.

The board layout doe not have a 2 pin connector for connection to a video card.

If you don't believe me look you your motherboard manual on Google at manuals.lib

Posted 11/12/2017 03:29 PM   
thanks, was not sure about that.
thanks, was not sure about that.

Posted 11/12/2017 08:03 PM   
Scroll To Top