After turned kitchen - fuse tripped - power outage - question pc
  1 / 2    
Hello. I am just asking. Maybe this is coincidence and i am worrying about nothing. So listen... 2 days ago after turning on kitchen, fuse was tripped and i get power outage. When power back after this i booted pc fine but i saw that Windows 10 desktop refresh changed itself from 144hz to lower value ( i dont remember to which ) . To restore again 144hz , i turned off monitor ,turned again on. And its fine. Why that happened? I tried to reproduce this issue, by turning off computer and booting again but it never repeat. And my question is . That was coincidence that after power outage my Windows 10 monitor refresh was changed or not? *Thank you. My pc: 6700K stock *16GB DDR4 *Asus Z170-P *Corsair 750 RM *Gtx 1080 Ti Founder Edition *Monitor Red Eagle IIyama 1080 144hz plugged by display port cable to GFX. *I tested games etc etc and no crashes or artifacts.
Hello. I am just asking. Maybe this is coincidence and i am worrying about nothing. So listen... 2 days ago after turning on kitchen, fuse was tripped and i get power outage. When power back after this i booted pc fine but i saw that Windows 10 desktop refresh changed itself from 144hz to lower value ( i dont remember to which ) . To restore again 144hz , i turned off monitor ,turned again on. And its fine. Why that happened? I tried to reproduce this issue, by turning off computer and booting again but it never repeat.

And my question is . That was coincidence that after power outage my Windows 10 monitor refresh was changed or not?

*Thank you. My pc:
6700K stock
*16GB DDR4
*Asus Z170-P
*Corsair 750 RM
*Gtx 1080 Ti Founder Edition
*Monitor Red Eagle IIyama 1080 144hz plugged by display port cable to GFX.
*I tested games etc etc and no crashes or artifacts.

Posted 11/08/2017 02:33 PM   
. Could just be a coincidence. What you should really do is get a UPS backup powere on that computer as well. .

Could just be a coincidence. What you should really do is get a UPS backup powere on that computer as well.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 11/08/2017 06:25 PM   
I tried to reproduce 2 times by powering off pc and powering on and booting again, but 144hz on start. Not able to reproduce.
I tried to reproduce 2 times by powering off pc and powering on and booting again, but 144hz on start. Not able to reproduce.

Posted 11/14/2017 08:59 AM   
. [quote="sew3333"] I tried to reproduce 2 times by powering off pc and powering on and booting again, but 144hz on start. Not able to reproduce.[/quote] Not quite the same. Since the Fuse was tripped there may be more electronic parts involved. That is where I would attempt to recreate the issue. But, sudden loss of power to a computer HDD | SSD can corrupt data, HDD is can cause writing issues and head parking issues, so it is not something I would be attempting to recreated. Like I said, I would get the computer on a UPS to prevent damage incase of a recurrence. .

sew3333 said: I tried to reproduce 2 times by powering off pc and powering on and booting again, but 144hz on start. Not able to reproduce.
Not quite the same. Since the Fuse was tripped there may be more electronic parts involved. That is where I would attempt to recreate the issue.

But, sudden loss of power to a computer HDD | SSD can corrupt data, HDD is can cause writing issues and head parking issues, so it is not something I would be attempting to recreated.

Like I said, I would get the computer on a UPS to prevent damage incase of a recurrence.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

Posted 11/14/2017 02:03 PM   
Hello. I apologize for my language,hope you understand. So yes. My monitor is always on (standby) before the PC is powered on. Thats the first thing. Second. When i run pc first time on first boot ( after power outage ) refresh was normal at start 144hz. It happened when i manually turn off computer and turn on again,and on my second boot it happened. Refresh was lower than 144hz. To make again 144hz i turned off monitor and turn back on again. So that was bug or that power outage related? But i like i said on my first pc run ( boot ) after power outage refresh was 144hz fine. It happened just after i normally shutdown my pc and booted pc second time. Maybe coincidence and i am worrying for nothing,hehe ? Ah. I tried to reproduce only 3 times by cutting power to pc and powering on and booting again, but 144hz on start. Not able to reproduce. So conclusion: It happened not just after ( not pc first power on ) power outage. But on second time when i boot to Windows 10
Hello. I apologize for my language,hope you understand. So yes.

My monitor is always on (standby) before the PC is powered on. Thats the first thing. Second.

When i run pc first time on first boot ( after power outage ) refresh was normal at start 144hz. It happened when i manually turn off computer and turn on again,and on my second boot it happened. Refresh was lower than 144hz. To make again 144hz i turned off monitor and turn back on again.
So that was bug or that power outage related? But i like i said on my first pc run ( boot ) after power outage refresh was 144hz fine. It happened just after i normally shutdown my pc and booted pc second time.
Maybe coincidence and i am worrying for nothing,hehe ?

Ah. I tried to reproduce only 3 times by cutting power to pc and powering on and booting again, but 144hz on start. Not able to reproduce.

So conclusion: It happened not just after ( not pc first power on ) power outage. But on second time when i boot to Windows 10

Posted 11/14/2017 03:15 PM   
. Sounds like it is not reproducable? If not, then just a random glitch. I would wait till it starts happening more often. Then several people are noticing issues withthe Recent Windows 10 1709 update. .

Sounds like it is not reproducable? If not, then just a random glitch.

I would wait till it starts happening more often.

Then several people are noticing issues withthe Recent Windows 10 1709 update.

Posted 11/14/2017 06:59 PM   
Ok i know you say for sure that i am stupid, but i agreed. I cut power to pc few times to reproduce issue exactly like on this day. But i cant reproduce. Pc booting and restarting exactly with 144hz. So why it happened just once? Can somebody explain me? Something related to outage or just random glitch?
Ok i know you say for sure that i am stupid, but i agreed. I cut power to pc few times to reproduce issue exactly like on this day. But i cant reproduce. Pc booting and restarting exactly with 144hz.

So why it happened just once? Can somebody explain me? Something related to outage or just random glitch?

Posted 12/01/2017 03:11 PM   
more like a windows 1709 glitch, Nvidia know of this issue and they working with mircrosoft to find a patch. You might want to downgrade the driver which will cause less issue
more like a windows 1709 glitch, Nvidia know of this issue and they working with mircrosoft to find a patch. You might want to downgrade the driver which will cause less issue

CPU:Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz/Coolermaster Hyper 103
MOBO:Asus H81M-K
RAM:8GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU:Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti Gainward Golden Sample 2GB Edition @ 388.13
PSU:Coolermaster MasterWatt Lite 600W

Posted 12/02/2017 01:27 AM   
But i have 1703. Windows somehow is not updated to FALL creator .
But i have 1703. Windows somehow is not updated to FALL creator .

Posted 12/02/2017 11:17 AM   
. Download [url=https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard]SPECCY[/url]. [.]Download[/.] [.]Install[/.] [.]REBOOT <----IMPORTANT[/.] [.]Run Speccy, Top left corner FILE > PUBLISH SNAPSHOT ... PM me the link please.[/.] [center]DO NOT USE SAVED SNAPSHOT as that has private information that is removed in PUBLISHED SNAPSHOT[/center] Power Supply make and model? =================== Sorry did not see this one was updated earlier. Could be linked to the Driver version you are using. The series 385.xx | 388.xx both have issues. .

Download SPECCY.
  • Download
  • Install
  • REBOOT <----IMPORTANT
  • Run Speccy, Top left corner FILE > PUBLISH SNAPSHOT ... PM me the link please.

• DO NOT USE SAVED SNAPSHOT as that has private information that is removed in PUBLISHED SNAPSHOT

Power Supply make and model?

===================

Sorry did not see this one was updated earlier.

Could be linked to the Driver version you are using. The series 385.xx | 388.xx both have issues.

Posted 12/03/2017 03:26 AM   
    my psu Corsair 750 RM
    my psu Corsair 750 RM

Posted 12/03/2017 05:38 AM   
    . [quote="sew3333"]my psu Corsair 750 RM[/quote] If you sent the SPECCY Link, I do not find a PM with it. .

sew3333 said:my psu Corsair 750 RM
    If you sent the SPECCY Link, I do not find a PM with it.

Posted 12/03/2017 02:57 PM   
    Anyway when i tried to reproduce issue , i cutted few times power and i cant reproduce. Pc booting ,shutdown,restarting with 144hz still. So it was related to that outage because fuse was tripped or just random glitch? Is this because fuse was tripped or that doesnt matter because power outage is power outage ? Is any difference on impact to pc, when power outage is due to blowed fuse or just simply turning off psu switch. When power outage is due to blowed fuse ,this is the same like when i turn off switch on psu?
    Anyway when i tried to reproduce issue , i cutted few times power and i cant reproduce. Pc booting ,shutdown,restarting with 144hz still. So it was related to that outage because fuse was tripped or just random glitch?

Is this because fuse was tripped or that doesnt matter because power outage is power outage ?

Is any difference on impact to pc, when power outage is due to blowed fuse or just simply turning off psu switch. When power outage is due to blowed fuse ,this is the same like when i turn off switch on psu?

Posted 12/06/2017 12:58 AM   
    . Yes, blow fuse should be very much like turning off PSU or unplugging it from wall. .

Yes, blow fuse should be very much like turning off PSU or unplugging it from wall.

Posted 12/06/2017 03:34 AM   
    Thank you for replies. Also this will be my last question. When i tried to reproduce issue , i cutted few times power and i cant reproduce. Pc booting ,shutdown,restarting with 144hz still. So it was related to that outage because fuse blown or just random glitch ? Is this because fuse blowed or that doesnt matter ? But like i said i tried to reproduce this by cutting power from power cord and i am not able reprodue. So it was related to that outage when fuse was blown or just coincidence and fuse doesnt matter? To be more precised. My mother turned on oven in kitchen, and bulb inside oven melted. Fuse of course blown and i got that power outage.
    Thank you for replies. Also this will be my last question.

When i tried to reproduce issue , i cutted few times power and i cant reproduce. Pc booting ,shutdown,restarting with 144hz still.

So it was related to that outage because fuse blown or just random glitch ?
    Is this because fuse blowed or that doesnt matter ?

But like i said i tried to reproduce this by cutting power from power cord and i am not able reprodue. So it was related to that outage when fuse was blown or just coincidence and fuse doesnt matter?

To be more precised. My mother turned on oven in kitchen, and bulb inside oven melted. Fuse of course blown and i got that power outage.

Posted 12/06/2017 04:27 PM   
      1 / 2    
    Scroll To Top