GTX Titan Z not working anymore
Hi! I have a 3 years old gtx titan z and since yesterday it stopped working as it should. After playing CS:GO for about 10 min the screen froze and i had to force a shutdown. After restarting the windows never loaded again and i thought that the hdd was the one causing the problem so i changed the hdd. I did a fresh windows install and everything worked perfectly till i got to the part where i had to install the driver for the titan z. I have downloaded the geforce experience and while installing the driver, after a while i get a black screen and nothing more, after 2 min the pc restarted by itself and again the windows wouldn't load. It would just get stuck at the loading screen and had to force a shutdown. I have reinstalled the windows 5 times and tried different ways to install the driver. I have tried 2 times with geforce experience, one time with windows updates and 2 times by downloading manually 2 different driver versions and got the same exact results. If i don`t try to install the titan z driver everything works just fine (besides that i can't play any games that requires the driver installed). I even changed the RAMs and nothing. I don`t wanna believe that the video card is done with because i can`t afford to buy another right now. So i`m wondering, did anyone else has or had this problem? Is it really the video card or could be the motherboard or the CPU? I have run some tests on video card, cpu and memory and everything passed ok. Here is my pc configuration: [url]http://www.dell.com/support/home/ie/en/iebsdt1/product-support/servicetag/2qld132/configuration[/url]
Hi!

I have a 3 years old gtx titan z and since yesterday it stopped working as it should.

After playing CS:GO for about 10 min the screen froze and i had to force a shutdown. After restarting the windows never loaded again and i thought that the hdd was the one causing the problem so i changed the hdd.

I did a fresh windows install and everything worked perfectly till i got to the part where i had to install the driver for the titan z. I have downloaded the geforce experience and while installing the driver, after a while i get a black screen and nothing more, after 2 min the pc restarted by itself and again the windows wouldn't load. It would just get stuck at the loading screen and had to force a shutdown.

I have reinstalled the windows 5 times and tried different ways to install the driver. I have tried 2 times with geforce experience, one time with windows updates and 2 times by downloading manually 2 different driver versions and got the same exact results. If i don`t try to install the titan z driver everything works just fine (besides that i can't play any games that requires the driver installed).

I even changed the RAMs and nothing. I don`t wanna believe that the video card is done with because i can`t afford to buy another right now. So i`m wondering, did anyone else has or had this problem? Is it really the video card or could be the motherboard or the CPU?

I have run some tests on video card, cpu and memory and everything passed ok.

Here is my pc configuration:
http://www.dell.com/support/home/ie/en/iebsdt1/product-support/servicetag/2qld132/configuration

Alienware Aurora-R4
Intel® Core™ i7-4930K Processor (6-cores, 12MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.0 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX(TM) TITAN Z Graphics Card
16384MB (4x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Quad Channel
Windows 8.1 Pro (64Bit)

Posted 11/07/2017 12:25 AM   
Could also be that nasty 5x rail PSU Dell loves to install in those machines...
Could also be that nasty 5x rail PSU Dell loves to install in those machines...

Facebook PC parts Trade/Sales page

Help fight Cancer, Diabetes, Neuro-degenerative, and other disease's while you sleep!
MS-Physics (Thermal Dynamics)/BA-IT/BS-Electronic Engineering
Asus and MSI mobile service center

My main rig:
100% Hard-line Custom liquid Cooled
OS- Win8.1 x64
CPU- i7-4790k @ 4.8Ghz 1.289v (Turbo OFF) Liquid Cooled
RAM-16GB TEAM Xtreme DDR3 @ 2400Mhz (9-12-11-30)1.625v
Motherboard- Gigabyte Z97X Gamer GT (vF6)
Main Graphics- 2-way SLI EVGA GTX1070 (v385.41)
OS SSD: 3x 240Gb Kingston HyperX 3K RAID 0 = 720Gb
Game SSDs- 3x 240Gb Mushkin Reactors (D,E,F drives)
Backup HDD- 3Tb Seagate Cuda (ST3000DM001)
Power Supply- Corsair RM-1000i
3x Surround Samsung 27" via DP (7680 x 1440p)

Radio Server/ Scientific Simulator
CPU1- Xeon X5650 6C/12T @ 3.2Ghz (locked)
CPU2- Xeon X5650 6C/12T @ 3.2Ghz (locked)
Motherboard- Asus Z8PE-D12X
RAM- G-Skill RipJaws 24Gb (6x4Gb) DDR3 @ 1600Mhz Cas8 1.5v
Graphics- GTX780 + GTX560 (v347.88)
HDDs- WD RED 3TB (3x3TB) Raid 0= 9TB +1 3Tb back up
PSU- Corsair CX750M
Monitor- 768p Dell P.O.S via DVI-I

STILL working Nvidia GPUs-
FX5200,FX5700,6800GT,7900GT(x2),8800GTS(x2),9800GTX,
GTX275(x2),GTX285(x2),GTX295(x2),GTX470(x3),GTX480,
GTX660ti(x3),GTX770(x3),GTX780,GTX1050ti,GTX1070(x2)

HWbot Overclocking results

OVERCLOCKING LEAGUE RANKING
Worldwide: #1771 out of 51912
Extreme League: #1255 out of 2826
National: #213 of 20048 in United States
Team: #70 of 3166 in Overclock.net

Posted 11/07/2017 08:36 AM   
Bump this Just ran into this problem today after trying to update to the most recent driver after receiving several display driver failures. I now have been BSOD trouble shooting for 5 hrs + I removed the titan z atm and have my 1060 in the 1st slot and it works fine with the latest driver... Going to try the titan z in the other three slots , but from what i recall the titan z can only work in the first slot of the MB . Titan Z ....ohh Titan Z ohh hoowwww I thinkkk uuu hhateee meeee merry christmas
Bump this

Just ran into this problem today after trying to update to the most recent driver after receiving several display driver failures.

I now have been BSOD trouble shooting for 5 hrs +

I removed the titan z atm and have my 1060 in the 1st slot and it works fine with the latest driver...

Going to try the titan z in the other three slots , but from what i recall the titan z can only work in the first slot of the MB .

Titan Z ....ohh Titan Z ohh hoowwww I thinkkk uuu hhateee meeee

merry christmas

Posted 11/26/2017 05:46 AM   
Does a titan z have sli stuff on one card like the 690, because my 690 also experiences driver failure but can still hear system sounds in fullscreen games.. please confirm.
Does a titan z have sli stuff on one card like the 690, because my 690 also experiences driver failure but can still hear system sounds in fullscreen games.. please confirm.

Posted 11/30/2017 08:23 AM   
-Delete-
-Delete-

Posted 11/30/2017 08:24 AM   
Scroll To Top