Beta Update 5: Advanced Streaming Settings, Service to Europe, and 16 New Games
  1 / 2    
The latest update to the GeForce NOW for Mac beta adds advanced streaming settings, support for World of Warcraft Add-Ons, service in Europe and 17 more games. [b]Advanced Streaming Settings[/b] We added two new features that improve streaming quality, further reducing lag. You can enable or disable them from the new gear icon in the upper right corner of the GeForce NOW app. Enabling both options can reduce latency by up to 30% in some games, such as Overwatch, Fortnite, Rocket League, Warframe, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Let us know how they work for you by using the in-app SEND FEEDBACK option. [.][b]Ultra Streaming Mode [/b]-- Enabling this option increases the speed that we stream games to your Mac, reducing latency. It requires that you have a good network and a system capable of decoding frames faster. Therefore, it may not be a better experience for all users, especially those with an older Mac. We recommend using a wired ethernet connection for the best experience. This feature is only available for some games. The default setting is off.[/.] [.][b]Direct Mouse Input [/b]-- Enabling this option bypasses local macOS mouse input and passes movements directly to your GeForce NOW PC in our data center. This also reduces latency, but may change the mouse sensitivity for some users or may cause your keyboard or mouse to not work correctly. The default setting is on.[/.] [b]More Games[/b] We’ve also added the following 16 new games, including Fortnite and Cuphead, to GeForce NOW’s list of more than 125 supported titles: [.]Call of Duty®: Black Ops II – Zombies mode[/.] [.]Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3[/.] [.]Cuphead[/.] [.]Destiny 2[/.] [.]The Evil Within 2[/.] [.]F1™ 2017[/.] [.]H1Z1[/.] [.]Fortnite[/.] [.]Just Cause™ 3[/.] [.]Last Man Standing[/.] [.]Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™[/.] [.]Minecraft[/.] [.]PlanetSide 2[/.] [.]Portal[/.] [.]Wolfenstein® II: The New Colossus™[/.] [.]World of Warcraft®: Legion with Addons[/.] [b]World of Warcraft Add-Ons[/b] One of the most requested features from our World of Warcraft community is support for add-ons, which we’ve added in this update. In our app, you’ll see a second World of Warcraft game that is labeled “World of Warcraft: Legion with Add-Ons”. When you launch this game, it will first launch the Twitch app that lets you select your World of Warcraft addons. After you have selected the ones you want, you can launch World of Warcraft from the Twitch app. Once the game is launched, you will be able to enable and disable your addons. Let us know what you think in-app using the SEND FEEDBACK option. We are attending BlizzCon on November 3rd and 4th at the Anaheim Convention Center. We’ll be demonstrating World of Warcraft, Overwatch and the rest of the Blizzard games streaming to iMacs and MacBooks.Stop by if you’re attending and say hello. [b]Now Available in Europe[/b] We added two new data centers to the GeForce NOW network in London (EU West) and Frankfurt (EU Central), which provide service to most of Europe. Our app is available for download on our UK website for European users, and it is currently available in English only. Some games support changing the in-game language so that you can play them in your native language with support coming for additional games in future updates. Visit here to see all supported games for GeForce NOW. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/geforce-now/mac-pc/supported-games/ If you have a friend who would like to try GeForce NOW for Mac, they can download the app from our website to get started. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/geforce-now/mac-pc/
The latest update to the GeForce NOW for Mac beta adds advanced streaming settings, support for World of Warcraft Add-Ons, service in Europe and 17 more games.

Advanced Streaming Settings
We added two new features that improve streaming quality, further reducing lag. You can enable or disable them from the new gear icon in the upper right corner of the GeForce NOW app. Enabling both options can reduce latency by up to 30% in some games, such as Overwatch, Fortnite, Rocket League, Warframe, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Let us know how they work for you by using the in-app SEND FEEDBACK option.

• Ultra Streaming Mode -- Enabling this option increases the speed that we stream games to your Mac, reducing latency. It requires that you have a good network and a system capable of decoding frames faster. Therefore, it may not be a better experience for all users, especially those with an older Mac. We recommend using a wired ethernet connection for the best experience. This feature is only available for some games. The default setting is off.

• Direct Mouse Input -- Enabling this option bypasses local macOS mouse input and passes movements directly to your GeForce NOW PC in our data center. This also reduces latency, but may change the mouse sensitivity for some users or may cause your keyboard or mouse to not work correctly. The default setting is on.

• More Games
    We’ve also added the following 16 new games, including Fortnite and Cuphead, to GeForce NOW’s list of more than 125 supported titles:

• Call of Duty®: Black Ops II – Zombies mode
  • Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3
  • Cuphead
  • Destiny 2
  • The Evil Within 2
  • F1™ 2017
  • H1Z1
  • Fortnite
  • Just Cause™ 3
  • Last Man Standing
  • Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™
  • Minecraft
  • PlanetSide 2
  • Portal
  • Wolfenstein® II: The New Colossus™
  • World of Warcraft®: Legion with Addons

• World of Warcraft Add-Ons
    One of the most requested features from our World of Warcraft community is support for add-ons, which we’ve added in this update. In our app, you’ll see a second World of Warcraft game that is labeled “World of Warcraft: Legion with Add-Ons”. When you launch this game, it will first launch the Twitch app that lets you select your World of Warcraft addons. After you have selected the ones you want, you can launch World of Warcraft from the Twitch app. Once the game is launched, you will be able to enable and disable your addons. Let us know what you think in-app using the SEND FEEDBACK option.

We are attending BlizzCon on November 3rd and 4th at the Anaheim Convention Center. We’ll be demonstrating World of Warcraft, Overwatch and the rest of the Blizzard games streaming to iMacs and MacBooks.Stop by if you’re attending and say hello.

Now Available in Europe
    We added two new data centers to the GeForce NOW network in London (EU West) and Frankfurt (EU Central), which provide service to most of Europe. Our app is available for download on our UK website for European users, and it is currently available in English only. Some games support changing the in-game language so that you can play them in your native language with support coming for additional games in future updates.

Visit here to see all supported games for GeForce NOW. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/geforce-now/mac-pc/supported-games/

If you have a friend who would like to try GeForce NOW for Mac, they can download the app from our website to get started. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/geforce-now/mac-pc/

Posted 11/01/2017 08:32 PM   
    Thanks for all the great work you guys do! I know I'm not just speaking for myself, so I just wanted to let you guys know that we greatly appreciate it! :D
    Thanks for all the great work you guys do! I know I'm not just speaking for myself, so I just wanted to let you guys know that we greatly appreciate it! :D

Posted 11/03/2017 02:10 AM   
    Ultra steaming and direct mouse input have improved gameplay. Please continue to make optimizations of the UI and the gameplay experience. Appreciate the continued effort of your team.
    Ultra steaming and direct mouse input have improved gameplay. Please continue to make optimizations of the UI and the gameplay experience. Appreciate the continued effort of your team.

Posted 11/03/2017 02:53 AM   
    we need an option to disable mouse acceleration when using the direct mouse input option.
    we need an option to disable mouse acceleration when using the direct mouse input option.

Posted 11/03/2017 04:58 AM   
    The steady stream of support so far has been top notch. So thankful this software exists.
    The steady stream of support so far has been top notch. So thankful this software exists.

Posted 11/03/2017 05:02 AM   
    Which games is ultra streaming available for?
    Which games is ultra streaming available for?

Posted 11/03/2017 01:02 PM   
    In the Geforce NOW launcher H1Z1 is not showed there.
    In the Geforce NOW launcher H1Z1 is not showed there.

Posted 11/03/2017 09:15 PM   
    Trackpad not working at all with this new update. I initially toggled Direct Mouse Input off to get the trackpad to work, but not no configuration of settings will make the trackpad work. It appears to also disable the connected usb xbox controller.
    Trackpad not working at all with this new update. I initially toggled Direct Mouse Input off to get the trackpad to work, but not no configuration of settings will make the trackpad work. It appears to also disable the connected usb xbox controller.

Posted 11/04/2017 01:57 PM   
    [quote="WintermutesToot"]Which games is ultra streaming available for?[/quote] Please try it for all games and tell us your results. We wrote above in our updates which games to try first: Overwatch, Fortnite, Rocket League, Warframe, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
    WintermutesToot said:Which games is ultra streaming available for?

Please try it for all games and tell us your results. We wrote above in our updates which games to try first: Overwatch, Fortnite, Rocket League, Warframe, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

Posted 11/04/2017 06:38 PM   
    [quote="applefrail"]Trackpad not working at all with this new update. I initially toggled Direct Mouse Input off to get the trackpad to work, but not no configuration of settings will make the trackpad work. It appears to also disable the connected usb xbox controller.[/quote] Can you try to send in-app feedback? Trackpad is not recommended at all for using GFN.
    applefrail said:Trackpad not working at all with this new update. I initially toggled Direct Mouse Input off to get the trackpad to work, but not no configuration of settings will make the trackpad work. It appears to also disable the connected usb xbox controller.

Can you try to send in-app feedback? Trackpad is not recommended at all for using GFN.

Posted 11/04/2017 06:38 PM   
    [quote="Cho_bo"]we need an option to disable mouse acceleration when using the direct mouse input option.[/quote] Hi, I'm not sure that is possible since that is effectively what the toggle does.
    Cho_bo said:we need an option to disable mouse acceleration when using the direct mouse input option.

Hi,

I'm not sure that is possible since that is effectively what the toggle does.

Posted 11/04/2017 06:39 PM   
    [quote="Ayeecounterv"]In the Geforce NOW launcher H1Z1 is not showed there.[/quote] Its in the multiplayer online section.
    Ayeecounterv said:In the Geforce NOW launcher H1Z1 is not showed there.

Its in the multiplayer online section.

Posted 11/04/2017 06:40 PM   
    I've noticed a positive change in the direct mouse input when playing Destiny 2. Now the game plays very well on my iMac. The mouse input was also helpful in CS:GO, but I noticed there's some sort of screen lag that's occurring. It doesn't seem to have to do with frame rate or poor network connection, as the gameplay is smooth. Not sure what it is or how to explain it, but there's something that feels off. I've changed the resolution from 1440p to 1080p, and also tried with VSYNC both on and off, and there's no change.
    I've noticed a positive change in the direct mouse input when playing Destiny 2. Now the game plays very well on my iMac.

The mouse input was also helpful in CS:GO, but I noticed there's some sort of screen lag that's occurring. It doesn't seem to have to do with frame rate or poor network connection, as the gameplay is smooth. Not sure what it is or how to explain it, but there's something that feels off. I've changed the resolution from 1440p to 1080p, and also tried with VSYNC both on and off, and there's no change.

Posted 11/04/2017 10:45 PM   
    hey andrew i am not sure if that happens to everyone but when i am on the loading screen at start of h1z1 the game exits my session saying windowed mode not supported please help
    hey andrew i am not sure if that happens to everyone but when i am on the loading screen at start of h1z1 the game exits my session saying windowed mode not supported please help

Posted 11/04/2017 10:52 PM   
    [quote="Andrewf@NVIDIA"][quote="applefrail"]Trackpad not working at all with this new update. I initially toggled Direct Mouse Input off to get the trackpad to work, but not no configuration of settings will make the trackpad work. It appears to also disable the connected usb xbox controller.[/quote] Can you try to send in-app feedback? Trackpad is not recommended at all for using GFN.[/quote] The trackpad has worked up until this point. Regardless, the keyboard and controls are both inoperable at this point as well. Only command Q works.
    Andrewf@NVIDIA said:
    applefrail said:Trackpad not working at all with this new update. I initially toggled Direct Mouse Input off to get the trackpad to work, but not no configuration of settings will make the trackpad work. It appears to also disable the connected usb xbox controller.

Can you try to send in-app feedback? Trackpad is not recommended at all for using GFN.

The trackpad has worked up until this point. Regardless, the keyboard and controls are both inoperable at this point as well. Only command Q works.

Posted 11/05/2017 01:22 AM   
      1 / 2    
    Scroll To Top