Data usage per hour?
I've never had a problem with the comcast terabyte data cap before, but ever since I started using this service, my data usage has shot up. I just received a warning that I nearly hit my data cap for the month after gaming a lot for just 2 weeks (thankfully, the latter two weeks of the month, so it resets in two days). It looks like I need to manage my data usage next month. Does anyone know approximately how many gigabytes are downloaded per hour of using this service? I know Netflix HD is around 3gb/hr for 720p streaming, so I imagine this is a good bit higher than that.
I've never had a problem with the comcast terabyte data cap before, but ever since I started using this service, my data usage has shot up. I just received a warning that I nearly hit my data cap for the month after gaming a lot for just 2 weeks (thankfully, the latter two weeks of the month, so it resets in two days).

It looks like I need to manage my data usage next month. Does anyone know approximately how many gigabytes are downloaded per hour of using this service? I know Netflix HD is around 3gb/hr for 720p streaming, so I imagine this is a good bit higher than that.

Posted 10/30/2017 06:04 PM   
Now I'm pretty sure comcast is throttling my bandwidth in response to using this service. After probably 100hrs of gaming without a hitch, it's now refusing to even connect!
Now I'm pretty sure comcast is throttling my bandwidth in response to using this service. After probably 100hrs of gaming without a hitch, it's now refusing to even connect!

Posted 11/06/2017 05:12 PM   
Don't know how Geforce Now handles their streaming. But expect somewhere between 10-40 Mbps, or roughly 5-15 GB a hour. It also matters what resolution your mac has (higher will use more).
Don't know how Geforce Now handles their streaming. But expect somewhere between 10-40 Mbps, or roughly 5-15 GB a hour.

It also matters what resolution your mac has (higher will use more).

Posted 11/06/2017 10:44 PM   
I reached my data cap, but I am not sure if it was due to geforce now. II was running at 1440x900.
I reached my data cap, but I am not sure if it was due to geforce now. II was running at 1440x900.

Posted 11/28/2017 04:07 AM   
Scroll To Top