How to load up Bootcamp with an unflashed 1080. No Boot Screen
The title basically says it all. I am wanting to install Win8 through BootCamp and I can't figure out a way to load the boot screen on startup. I realize that with an unflashed Nvidia card on Mac, I can't get a boot screen, however I was hoping that it would be possible to load up bootcamp via some other method. I started the installation process of Win through a Virtual Box, however I have to complete the installation by booting up into bootcamp. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
The title basically says it all.
I am wanting to install Win8 through BootCamp and I can't figure out a way to load the boot screen on startup.
I realize that with an unflashed Nvidia card on Mac, I can't get a boot screen, however I was hoping that it would be possible to load up bootcamp via some other method.
I started the installation process of Win through a Virtual Box, however I have to complete the installation by booting up into bootcamp.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Posted 10/16/2017 11:27 PM   
you can't, you have to use the stock video card that came with it.
you can't, you have to use the stock video card that came with it.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 10/17/2017 02:10 AM   
Just install normally via the bootcamp utility. It will automatically boot to the DVD and reboot on its own to finish. Than just use startup disk in system prefs, and bootcamp control panel respectively to switch back and fourth. I've done it this way and I have not had an issue with my unflashed PC card at all. If for some reason you dont want to use the bootcamp utility, pressing C with the install disc in will still boot and eventually load the display drivers. Just be sure to download the bootcamp support software so you can use startup disk in control panel.
Just install normally via the bootcamp utility. It will automatically boot to the DVD and reboot on its own to finish. Than just use startup disk in system prefs, and bootcamp control panel respectively to switch back and fourth. I've done it this way and I have not had an issue with my unflashed PC card at all. If for some reason you dont want to use the bootcamp utility, pressing C with the install disc in will still boot and eventually load the display drivers. Just be sure to download the bootcamp support software so you can use startup disk in control panel.

Posted 10/20/2017 12:18 AM   
Scroll To Top