GTX 550 Ti does not display
hi everyone one day , the display to stopped while playing just a second , then came back. per 15 minutes, this situation happened. next day , the graphic card does not display when i run computer.( no signal error ) now i can take a display just with onboard graphic card. i pull out the external graphic card , put out bios battery, cleaned ram and ram slots with eraser but i still have the problem. i need your advances , thanks for your helping hopefully this issue will solve
hi everyone

one day , the display to stopped while playing just a second , then came back. per 15 minutes, this situation happened. next day , the graphic card does not display when i run computer.( no signal error )

now i can take a display just with onboard graphic card.

i pull out the external graphic card , put out bios battery, cleaned ram and ram slots with eraser but i still have the problem.

i need your advances , thanks for your helping

hopefully this issue will solve

Posted 10/12/2017 06:37 PM   
The card is dead, the VRM or a capacitor/mosfet/voltage controller likely failed or is struggling to keep voltages/current steady. Does the GPU fan continue to spin despite having no signal? If so, it pretty much confirms that the VRM is dead and indicates that only power delivery via the PCIe connection works. There is no way to fix this because it's a hardware problem. If you can spot a defective capacitor you could probably get it replaced but most other components are surface-mount so the only way to solve this is to buy a new card.
The card is dead, the VRM or a capacitor/mosfet/voltage controller likely failed or is struggling to keep voltages/current steady. Does the GPU fan continue to spin despite having no signal? If so, it pretty much confirms that the VRM is dead and indicates that only power delivery via the PCIe connection works.

There is no way to fix this because it's a hardware problem. If you can spot a defective capacitor you could probably get it replaced but most other components are surface-mount so the only way to solve this is to buy a new card.

Q8200 @3.08Ghz

8GB kingston @880Mhz

Zotac GTX460 2GB (ZT-40406-10P)
MSI GT730 2GB (N730K-2GD5/OCV1)

Posted 10/12/2017 09:05 PM   
Scroll To Top