Play Ys I & II Chronicles+ on SHIELD with GeForce NOW
This week we’ve got a treat for role-playing fans, particularly those with an appreciation for nostalgia. Ys I & II Chronicles+ is available to play instantly on SHIELD with GeForce NOW. This unique compilation is free for all members to enjoy. You play the part of Adol Christin, a young man with a thirst for adventure whose curiosity leads him on an epic quest to save the kingdom of Ys from an unknown evil. Along the way you’ll meet tons of unique characters; solve brain-twisting puzzles; recover lost relics; and battle legions of deadly monsters and ruthless bosses. Ys I & II Chronicles+ is a compilation of the modernized remakes of the original Japanese RPG classics, released separately by Falcom in 1987 and 1988. With enhanced graphics, sound and gamepad support, and gameplay that stands the test of time, this unique compilation will provide hours of RPG fun, particularly for those that enjoy a Zelda-style presentation. To play, simply head to the New on GeForce NOW category in the NVIDIA Games app and launch the game. Ys I & II Chronicles+ is rated E10+ by the Entertainment Software Rating Board.
This week we’ve got a treat for role-playing fans, particularly those with an appreciation for nostalgia. Ys I & II Chronicles+ is available to play instantly on SHIELD with GeForce NOW. This unique compilation is free for all members to enjoy.

You play the part of Adol Christin, a young man with a thirst for adventure whose curiosity leads him on an epic quest to save the kingdom of Ys from an unknown evil. Along the way you’ll meet tons of unique characters; solve brain-twisting puzzles; recover lost relics; and battle legions of deadly monsters and ruthless bosses.

Ys I & II Chronicles+ is a compilation of the modernized remakes of the original Japanese RPG classics, released separately by Falcom in 1987 and 1988. With enhanced graphics, sound and gamepad support, and gameplay that stands the test of time, this unique compilation will provide hours of RPG fun, particularly for those that enjoy a Zelda-style presentation.

To play, simply head to the New on GeForce NOW category in the NVIDIA Games app and launch the game. Ys I & II Chronicles+ is rated E10+ by the Entertainment Software Rating Board.

Posted 10/10/2017 03:07 PM   
Great oldies included, thanks!
Great oldies included, thanks!

Posted 10/10/2017 10:33 PM   
The early 80's called they want their game back. Why oh why is this 8bit game on a service that touts to run games GTX 1080 this is a game that can run natively on any PC from the last 10 years why is it on here
The early 80's called they want their game back. Why oh why is this 8bit game on a service that touts to run games GTX 1080 this is a game that can run natively on any PC from the last 10 years why is it on here

Posted 10/11/2017 08:34 PM   
Here's the game running on Geforce Now! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DggsWxAkmb4
Here's the game running on Geforce Now!

Posted 10/12/2017 09:33 PM   
I seem to be having wierd stuttering and artifacts when running YS. Not sure why, all other games run just fine, without much stuttering or artifacts. Testing my connection to Geforce NOW there is no packet loss and no jitters and everything is in recommended range.
I seem to be having wierd stuttering and artifacts when running YS. Not sure why, all other games run just fine, without much stuttering or artifacts.

Testing my connection to Geforce NOW there is no packet loss and no jitters and everything is in recommended range.

Posted 10/13/2017 06:50 AM   
Why are you guys soo happy on getting old stuff...
Why are you guys soo happy on getting old stuff...

Posted 10/16/2017 03:35 AM   
[quote="Piddau"]I seem to be having wierd stuttering and artifacts when running YS. Not sure why, all other games run just fine, without much stuttering or artifacts. Testing my connection to Geforce NOW there is no packet loss and no jitters and everything is in recommended range.[/quote] Make sure your stream quality is locked to 1080 HD 60 FPS. GeForce Now has been making unwarranted downward adjustments to my streaming/resolution in some games the past week or so... I locked it to the highest quality and now it works pretty good.
Piddau said:I seem to be having wierd stuttering and artifacts when running YS. Not sure why, all other games run just fine, without much stuttering or artifacts.

Testing my connection to Geforce NOW there is no packet loss and no jitters and everything is in recommended range.

Make sure your stream quality is locked to 1080 HD 60 FPS. GeForce Now has been making unwarranted downward adjustments to my streaming/resolution in some games the past week or so... I locked it to the highest quality and now it works pretty good.

Posted 10/17/2017 01:52 PM   
[quote="Mayindu"]Why are you guys soo happy on getting old stuff... [/quote] Perhaps because a lot of people using GFN grew up hearing about games likes Ys, which formed a foundation upon which modern RPGs are resting--much like Wolfenstein and Doom did for the FPS genre--but never had a chance to play them? Or nostalgia from the older sorts who [i]did[/i] to get to play it way back when it was fresh. Making old games work, and look at least half presentable at that, on new hardware isn't easy; there's a damn good reason GOG.com is so popular, you know? And the older the game, the less likely it is that someone'll feel it worth the time and expense to bother with. So when someone [i]does[/i] go to the trouble, well, it's something to appreciate.
Mayindu said:Why are you guys soo happy on getting old stuff...

Perhaps because a lot of people using GFN grew up hearing about games likes Ys, which formed a foundation upon which modern RPGs are resting--much like Wolfenstein and Doom did for the FPS genre--but never had a chance to play them? Or nostalgia from the older sorts who did to get to play it way back when it was fresh.

Making old games work, and look at least half presentable at that, on new hardware isn't easy; there's a damn good reason GOG.com is so popular, you know? And the older the game, the less likely it is that someone'll feel it worth the time and expense to bother with. So when someone does go to the trouble, well, it's something to appreciate.

Posted 11/26/2017 03:18 AM   
[quote="Mayindu"]Why are you guys soo happy on getting old stuff... [/quote] The Ys series is great, but it is already on Android and the port runs fine, especially on shield devices. It does seem unnecessary and this game requires good timing and fast reaction, so probably not good for streaming,
Mayindu said:Why are you guys soo happy on getting old stuff...

The Ys series is great, but it is already on Android and the port runs fine, especially on shield devices. It does seem unnecessary and this game requires good timing and fast reaction, so probably not good for streaming,

Posted 02/06/2018 01:28 AM   
sorry to ask this here, but does anyone know how long it should take for me to get GeForce Now? I'm trying to be patient but a ETA or something like that would still be nice.
sorry to ask this here, but does anyone know how long it should take for me to get GeForce Now? I'm trying to be patient but a ETA or something like that would still be nice.

Posted 03/21/2018 01:43 PM   
Scroll To Top