DVI Output blurry. Please give me a tool to change this. Thx!
Hi nvidia-engineers, I use a 6200-AGP card in my main retro-pc. This PC is used for MSDOS (Vesa support is great e.g. Deluxepaint etc.) WIN3X (Patched Vesa-Driver supports 256 colors, Great!) WIN9X (Features and performance are great) WIN2K (Features and performance are great) So, here is the problem: I use the DVI-out of the 6200 to my Eizo L376 and I connect the VGA-Out from my Voodoo2 to the VGA-In on the same L367. So I do not need the VGA-Loopcable of the Voodoo2 which leads to a bad image quality. BUT the DVI output quality in MSDOS (Textmode 720x400) and especially the VGA LowRes 320x200 is VERY! blurry. It's only with DVI connected. If I use VGA the quality is absolute OK to me. Not Reference (Matrox) but OK. What I absolute hate is a not centered image in Textmode and VGA-LowRes, that problem is solved with using the DVI which leads to a always centered image. I bought some other Nvidia Cards like GF3 and some other GF6, but they are all the same. They have a VERY blurry image quality. So I went over to ATI. X800 and 9600pro both have a VERY! sharp image, not the same blurry-mess. What did ATI better ? I found a tool that can disable the scaler of the nvidia card, but this leads to a very small image on my 15"TFT. In my opinion nvidia uses a sort of "antialising" or something else. I can make pictures of that issue. Nvidia what is the problem with the DVI output in LowRes? Thank You Greetings Doc
Hi nvidia-engineers,

I use a 6200-AGP card in my main retro-pc. This PC is used for

MSDOS (Vesa support is great e.g. Deluxepaint etc.)
WIN3X (Patched Vesa-Driver supports 256 colors, Great!)
WIN9X (Features and performance are great)
WIN2K (Features and performance are great)

So, here is the problem:

I use the DVI-out of the 6200 to my Eizo L376 and I connect the VGA-Out from my Voodoo2 to the VGA-In on the same L367. So I do not need the VGA-Loopcable of the Voodoo2 which leads to a bad image quality.

BUT the DVI output quality in MSDOS (Textmode 720x400) and especially the VGA LowRes 320x200 is VERY! blurry. It's only with DVI connected. If I use VGA the quality is absolute OK to me. Not Reference (Matrox) but OK. What I absolute hate is a not centered image in Textmode and VGA-LowRes, that problem is solved with using the DVI which leads to a always centered image.

I bought some other Nvidia Cards like GF3 and some other GF6, but they are all the same. They have a VERY blurry image quality.

So I went over to ATI. X800 and 9600pro both have a VERY! sharp image, not the same blurry-mess. What did ATI better ?

I found a tool that can disable the scaler of the nvidia card, but this leads to a very small image on my 15"TFT. In my opinion nvidia uses a sort of "antialising" or something else.

I can make pictures of that issue.

Nvidia what is the problem with the DVI output in LowRes?

Thank You
Greetings Doc

Posted 10/09/2017 04:35 PM   
http://rayer.g6.cz/programm/programe.htm#NVSC Here is the scaler controller, but as I said above it does not solve my problem.
http://rayer.g6.cz/programm/programe.htm#NVSC

Here is the scaler controller, but as I said above it does not solve my problem.

Posted 10/09/2017 04:40 PM   
currently I use the 9600pro DVI out but I would love to go back to the GF6200 because it's a fantastic card beside the blurry-issue. The 6200 can display the ATI-Techdemos up to 9700/9800 (not all but most) and the MatroxReefDemo with 3d analyze..simply amazing for a 64Bit memory-interface card. Performance is great and D3D and OGL drivers are excellent. So please give me an advice or a tool how to make the dvi-output image sharp and I will instantly put the GF6200 back in the machine and order a second 6200 as a low-profile-version for my other retro-thin-client. Thank you! Greetings Doc
currently I use the 9600pro DVI out but I would love to go back to the GF6200 because it's a fantastic card beside the blurry-issue. The 6200 can display the ATI-Techdemos up to 9700/9800 (not all but most) and the MatroxReefDemo with 3d analyze..simply amazing for a 64Bit memory-interface card. Performance is great and D3D and OGL drivers are excellent.

So please give me an advice or a tool how to make the dvi-output image sharp and I will instantly put the GF6200 back in the machine and order a second 6200 as a low-profile-version for my other retro-thin-client.

Thank you!
Greetings Doc

Posted 10/09/2017 04:55 PM   
this chip is from 2004, this isn't going to happen.
this chip is from 2004, this isn't going to happen.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

CPU:Intel Xeon x5670 @ 3.8Gz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:24GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB
Monitor:55" Thorn TV, Sound:Sony Muteki 7.1
SDD:Crucial MX200 250, HDD: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
Case:NZXT Phantom 410, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 10
Cooler: ThermalRight TRUE Spirit 120M BW Rev.A

Posted 10/10/2017 01:28 AM   
Beside telling me that it's a older Chip, please confirm that there is a general blurry-ness issue with the DVI out in LowRes VGA. I do not have a newer Chip from Nvidia so I can't test if this is still a problem. Not many users will have a "timemachine-pc" with a relatively new gfx-card and use it from MSDOS to Win2k/XP though, but I do :) If the blurry-ness can be fixed through software (scaler) then please tell me how. I will contact the programmer for the scaler-disabler for help. If this is not fixable at all, then I will go for ATI instead. Currently I am on vacation. When I am home again, I will post some comparision-pictures here. (6200 VGA out, DVI out, ATI DVI Out) Thx! Doc
Beside telling me that it's a older Chip, please confirm that there is a general blurry-ness issue with the DVI out in LowRes VGA.

I do not have a newer Chip from Nvidia so I can't test if this is still a problem. Not many users will have a "timemachine-pc" with a relatively new gfx-card and use it from MSDOS to Win2k/XP though, but I do :)

If the blurry-ness can be fixed through software (scaler) then please tell me how. I will contact the programmer for the scaler-disabler for help. If this is not fixable at all, then I will go for ATI instead. Currently I am on vacation. When I am home again, I will post some comparision-pictures here. (6200 VGA out, DVI out, ATI DVI Out)

Thx!
Doc

Posted 10/10/2017 07:22 AM   
It's harder to get pictures of the blurry-ness, but I think this should do the job. https://www.flickr.com/photos/94839221@N05/sets/72157686149323212/with/36967900054/ GF6200-VGA-Textmode "centered" and "OK" for me GF6200-VGA-LowRes VGA 256Colors "not centered" :( (if I center this and go back to Textmode, the textmode is not centered :( GF6200-DVI-Textmode "centered" because of DVI but blurry according to VGA GF6200-DVI-LowRes VGA 256Colors "centered" but blurry (it's worse when looking through the eyes) ATI-9200-DVI-Textmode "centered" and sharp, you may call it a bit blocky. but it's obvious better the NV-DVI ATI-9200-DVI-LowRes VGA 256Colors "centered" and sharp. Final questions at the NV-Engeneers: 1. Is it possible to change the DVI output of the NV-Card to get a sharper Image? 2. Is it possible to correct the difference between Textmode and VGA Lowres in VGA to have a centered image on both? Thx!
It's harder to get pictures of the blurry-ness, but I think this should do the job.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94839221@N05/sets/72157686149323212/with/36967900054/

GF6200-VGA-Textmode "centered" and "OK" for me
GF6200-VGA-LowRes VGA 256Colors "not centered" :( (if I center this and go back to Textmode, the textmode is not centered :(
GF6200-DVI-Textmode "centered" because of DVI but blurry according to VGA
GF6200-DVI-LowRes VGA 256Colors "centered" but blurry (it's worse when looking through the eyes)
ATI-9200-DVI-Textmode "centered" and sharp, you may call it a bit blocky. but it's obvious better the NV-DVI
ATI-9200-DVI-LowRes VGA 256Colors "centered" and sharp.

Final questions at the NV-Engeneers:

1. Is it possible to change the DVI output of the NV-Card to get a sharper Image?
2. Is it possible to correct the difference between Textmode and VGA Lowres in VGA to have a centered image on both?

Thx!

Posted 10/13/2017 08:08 PM   
und keiner ?
und keiner ?

Posted 10/15/2017 05:49 PM   
I went back to Intel IGP (I865GV) it has the best image-quality on vga. ati had compatibility issues with it drivers, the 3dfx is not needed any more. Everything is done by the intel IGP.
I went back to Intel IGP (I865GV) it has the best image-quality on vga.
ati had compatibility issues with it drivers, the 3dfx is not needed any more.
Everything is done by the intel IGP.

Posted 10/19/2017 09:28 PM   
Scroll To Top