385.69 Driver has disabled DVI input of one of my monitors.
Howdy, Sorry for not putting this in the 385.69 thread, but it's apparently devolved from discussion of the driver to people bitching about how SLI is dumb/no it's not. Speaking of which, I'm running a system with two 970's in SLI with 3 monitors. Two are connected to to the "primary/first/top" card via DVI and HDMI, and one to the second via DVI. After updating to 385.69, the system still detects the monitor is connected, but no signal is being transmitted to it via the DVI ports. The monitor still receives a signal if I plug it in via the 970's displayport or HDMI port, but DVI doesn't seem to work anymore, even though the monitor is technically detected. Here's a screenshot of the control panel to see what that looks like: https://i.imgur.com/A2rqm1u.png Also, after the update, the monitor in question (an ASUS), stopped being listed in the Nvidia Control Panel as "ASUS-######" and became "Ancor Communications Inc ASUS - ######". I know this is due to the EDID in the monitor itself, but I assumed that the change in how the monitor is detected might have some relation to the lack of a DVI signal. While this isn't a huge problem, obviously, it's less than ideal, since the HTC Vive I have is rather finicky about working when more than one thing is plugged into the HDMI/displayports. As in, it doesn't work at all when anything but it is plugged into DVI. Annoying, but what are you gonna do? I've attempted disabling SLI, looking for new monitor drivers (none), and all that other obvious junk, but nothing's worked. I'm on the verge of rolling back the driver, but with the looming release of Battlefront 2 in a couple days I expect Nvidia to release a new gameready driver soon and was hoping that might solve the issue, whatever it is. Cheers. Update: After resetting my system, display ports no longer transmit a signal to the monitor, either. I'm just going to roll the driver back.
Howdy,

Sorry for not putting this in the 385.69 thread, but it's apparently devolved from discussion of the driver to people bitching about how SLI is dumb/no it's not. Speaking of which, I'm running a system with two 970's in SLI with 3 monitors. Two are connected to to the "primary/first/top" card via DVI and HDMI, and one to the second via DVI. After updating to 385.69, the system still detects the monitor is connected, but no signal is being transmitted to it via the DVI ports. The monitor still receives a signal if I plug it in via the 970's displayport or HDMI port, but DVI doesn't seem to work anymore, even though the monitor is technically detected.

Here's a screenshot of the control panel to see what that looks like: https://i.imgur.com/A2rqm1u.png

Also, after the update, the monitor in question (an ASUS), stopped being listed in the Nvidia Control Panel as
"ASUS-######" and became "Ancor Communications Inc ASUS - ######". I know this is due to the EDID in the monitor itself, but I assumed that the change in how the monitor is detected might have some relation to the lack of a DVI signal.

While this isn't a huge problem, obviously, it's less than ideal, since the HTC Vive I have is rather finicky about working when more than one thing is plugged into the HDMI/displayports. As in, it doesn't work at all when anything but it is plugged into DVI. Annoying, but what are you gonna do?

I've attempted disabling SLI, looking for new monitor drivers (none), and all that other obvious junk, but nothing's worked. I'm on the verge of rolling back the driver, but with the looming release of Battlefront 2 in a couple days I expect Nvidia to release a new gameready driver soon and was hoping that might solve the issue, whatever it is.

Cheers.

Update: After resetting my system, display ports no longer transmit a signal to the monitor, either. I'm just going to roll the driver back.

Posted 10/07/2017 01:45 PM   
put all 3 screens on the main card, you have the dvi ports to do it going by the image at hand. also the square being dark instead of green means that it isn't currently active, which you would set up on the 'set up multiple displays' page rather then the windows display properties.
put all 3 screens on the main card, you have the dvi ports to do it going by the image at hand.

also the square being dark instead of green means that it isn't currently active, which you would set up on the 'set up multiple displays' page rather then the windows display properties.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 10/07/2017 03:45 PM   
[quote="Sora"]put all 3 screens on the main card, you have the dvi ports to do it going by the image at hand. also the square being dark instead of green means that it isn't currently active, which you would set up on the 'set up multiple displays' page rather then the windows display properties.[/quote] Very confused, because I've literally *never* needed to use the Set Up Multiple Displays page of the control panel to get multiple displays working across cards before this update, but your suggestion worked, so whatever! Thanks very much.
Sora said:put all 3 screens on the main card, you have the dvi ports to do it going by the image at hand.

also the square being dark instead of green means that it isn't currently active, which you would set up on the 'set up multiple displays' page rather then the windows display properties.

Very confused, because I've literally *never* needed to use the Set Up Multiple Displays page of the control panel to get multiple displays working across cards before this update, but your suggestion worked, so whatever! Thanks very much.

Posted 10/07/2017 08:07 PM   
Scroll To Top