Vulkan - Not Appearing in Programs and Features (Control Panel) ??? 385.69 Nvidia Driver
Vulkan question: 385.69 Nvidia Driver "Vulkan Libraries" not installed / listed ?! Hey I used DDU to wipe my drivers and installed Nvidia's Latest Driver: 385.69. I picked custom install and only installed the driver + HD Audio Driver. (Unticking physx, 3D and Experience) I checked "Programs and Features" in control panel - and I don't see a program called: "Vulkan libraries" in the bottom of the list. Could it be that Nvidia had removed "Vulkan Libraries..." and perhaps merged it into the Nvidia Driver in a built in fashion? Can you please check if you have such am item called Vulkan Libraries? Nvidia - response please? Thanks. I'm playing Doom now and it uses Vulkan in a great way so I want Vulkan to be properly supported.
Vulkan question: 385.69 Nvidia Driver "Vulkan Libraries" not installed / listed ?!
Hey I used DDU to wipe my drivers and installed Nvidia's Latest Driver: 385.69.
I picked custom install and only installed the driver + HD Audio Driver.
(Unticking physx, 3D and Experience)
I checked "Programs and Features" in control panel - and I don't see a program called: "Vulkan libraries" in the bottom of the list.

Could it be that Nvidia had removed "Vulkan Libraries..." and perhaps merged it into the Nvidia Driver in a built in fashion?

Can you please check if you have such am item called Vulkan Libraries?

Nvidia - response please?

Thanks.

I'm playing Doom now and it uses Vulkan in a great way so I want Vulkan to be properly supported.

Posted 10/07/2017 11:44 AM   
[quote="Sora"][quote="ManuelGuzmanNV"][u]Issues and updates:[/u] -Vulkan installer removed from Add/Remove Programs. You may verify which Vulkan runtime is installed, you may do so by opening a Run window and typing "vulkaninfo" into the Open field. [/quote] This is not a driver issue, the vulkanRT installer itself is not creating uninstall information even when installed from SDK.[/quote] That answer your question?
Sora said:
ManuelGuzmanNV said:Issues and updates:
-Vulkan installer removed from Add/Remove Programs. You may verify which Vulkan runtime is installed, you may do so by opening a Run window and typing "vulkaninfo" into the Open field.

This is not a driver issue, the vulkanRT installer itself is not creating uninstall information even when installed from SDK.

That answer your question?

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 10/07/2017 11:48 AM   
[quote="Sora"][quote="Sora"][quote="ManuelGuzmanNV"][u]Issues and updates:[/u] -Vulkan installer removed from Add/Remove Programs. You may verify which Vulkan runtime is installed, you may do so by opening a Run window and typing "vulkaninfo" into the Open field. [/quote] This is not a driver issue, the vulkanRT installer itself is not creating uninstall information even when installed from SDK.[/quote] That answer your question?[/quote] It does! Thank you! I made this Run command and got: Vulkan API Version: 1.0.54 I assume it's the latest version and everything's fine?
Sora said:
Sora said:
ManuelGuzmanNV said:Issues and updates:
-Vulkan installer removed from Add/Remove Programs. You may verify which Vulkan runtime is installed, you may do so by opening a Run window and typing "vulkaninfo" into the Open field.

This is not a driver issue, the vulkanRT installer itself is not creating uninstall information even when installed from SDK.

That answer your question?

It does! Thank you!
I made this Run command and got:
Vulkan API Version: 1.0.54
I assume it's the latest version and everything's fine?

Posted 10/07/2017 11:54 AM   
That is the latest version driver runtime version. the latest API runtime is 1.0.61.1, if you install the sdk.
That is the latest version driver runtime version.

the latest API runtime is 1.0.61.1, if you install the sdk.

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP

Posted 10/07/2017 11:57 AM   
[quote="Sora"]That is the latest version driver runtime version. the latest API runtime is 1.0.61.1, if you install the sdk.[/quote] Is it really necessary? What's an SDK? Please elaborate. I figured the version that comes with the latest Nvidia Driver will be the most relevant and up to date. If my current Vulkan is fine the way it is- I rather keep it that way.
Sora said:That is the latest version driver runtime version.

Is it really necessary? What's an SDK?
Please elaborate.
I figured the version that comes with the latest Nvidia Driver will be the most relevant and up to date.

If my current Vulkan is fine the way it is- I rather keep it that way.

Posted 10/07/2017 12:16 PM   
[quote="RansomSeraph"][quote="Sora"]That is the latest version driver runtime version. the latest API runtime is 1.0.61.1, if you install the sdk.[/quote] Is it really necessary? What's an SDK? Please elaborate. I figured the version that comes with the latest Nvidia Driver will be the most relevant and up to date. If my current Vulkan is fine the way it is- I rather keep it that way. [/quote] Not necessary Software Development kit theres no need to update, so keep the driver version.
RansomSeraph said:

Please elaborate.
I figured the version that comes with the latest Nvidia Driver will be the most relevant and up to date.

Not necessary
Software Development kit
theres no need to update, so keep the driver version.

Specs:

WIP:

Posted 10/07/2017 12:35 PM   
[quote="Sora"][quote="RansomSeraph"][quote="Sora"]That is the latest version driver runtime version. the latest API runtime is 1.0.61.1, if you install the sdk.[/quote] Is it really necessary? What's an SDK? Please elaborate. I figured the version that comes with the latest Nvidia Driver will be the most relevant and up to date. If my current Vulkan is fine the way it is- I rather keep it that way. [/quote] Not necessary Software Development kit theres no need to update, so keep the driver version.[/quote] Thank you very much!
Sora said:
RansomSeraph said:

Please elaborate.

Not necessary
Software Development kit
theres no need to update, so keep the driver version.

Thank you very much!

Posted 10/07/2017 05:39 PM   
Scroll To Top