Lights dimming during huge WIND - how can i be sure that pc is fine.
Hello. I have an a little question. There was a huge WIND in my country yesterday. Power was on . But there was random , for split second lights dimming in my house. Computer was still on, and laptop ( laptop without battery ) was still on. So why both computers was on and wont turns off when lights was dimming? Thanks. And is this harmful to pc? How can i check that nothing damage in my pc? Ah i dont have UPS. Psu is Corsair 750RM and MB: Asus Z170-P So it can harm pc if during huge WIND my lights in house flickered for split second? But like i said pc not shutdown during this day with huge WIND. Only lights in house flickered few times for split second,thats all.
Hello. I have an a little question. There was a huge WIND in my country yesterday. Power was on . But there was random , for split second lights dimming in my house. Computer was still on, and laptop ( laptop without battery ) was still on. So why both computers was on and wont turns off when lights was dimming? Thanks. And is this harmful to pc? How can i check that nothing damage in my pc? Ah i dont have UPS.

Psu is Corsair 750RM and MB: Asus Z170-P

So it can harm pc if during huge WIND my lights in house flickered for split second? But like i said pc not shutdown during this day with huge WIND. Only lights in house flickered few times for split second,thats all.

Posted 10/07/2017 10:00 AM   
Brownout, a moment of reduced current. a good PSU will have enough charge in its primary stage capacitor (the really big one(s)) to live through such an event, however in some cases it can also be damaged by them.
Brownout, a moment of reduced current.

a good PSU will have enough charge in its primary stage capacitor (the really big one(s)) to live through such an event, however in some cases it can also be damaged by them.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 10/07/2017 11:33 AM   
. UPS = Uninterrupted Power Supply.[quote]A line interactive UPS incorporates technology which allows it to correct minor power fluctuations (under-voltages and over voltages) without switching to battery. This type of UPS has an autotransformer that regulates low voltages (e.g., brownouts) and over voltages (e.g., swells) without having to switch to battery. Line interactive UPS models are typically used for consumer electronics, PCs, gaming systems, home theater electronics, network equipment, and entry-to-mid-range servers. They provide power during such events as a blackout, voltage sag, voltage surge, or over-voltage.[/quote] Dimming lights with Wind blowing is a sign of a weak system that is 1 REAL gust away from going out. IMO .

UPS = Uninterrupted Power Supply.
A line interactive UPS incorporates technology which allows it to correct minor power fluctuations (under-voltages and over voltages) without switching to battery. This type of UPS has an autotransformer that regulates low voltages (e.g., brownouts) and over voltages (e.g., swells) without having to switch to battery. Line interactive UPS models are typically used for consumer electronics, PCs, gaming systems, home theater electronics, network equipment, and entry-to-mid-range servers. They provide power during such events as a blackout, voltage sag, voltage surge, or over-voltage.

Dimming lights with Wind blowing is a sign of a weak system that is 1 REAL gust away from going out. IMO

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 10/07/2017 11:48 AM   
Is this harmful to pc? How can i check that nothing damage in my pc?
Is this harmful to pc? How can i check that nothing damage in my pc?

Posted 10/07/2017 12:19 PM   
. As mentioned above, a Quality PSU generally handles these brownouts without damaging the hardware. IT is more likely to take the PSU out before the internal hardware. A poor Quality PSU (generally located on the Tier 4 | Tier 5 lists are likely to die faster and can allow issues with hardware. The real problem comes from a Brownout becoming a Power LOSS (complete, like Flicker power that causes electronics to turn off and back on) This is where the UPS prevent a sudden loss of power and prevent HDD from not safely docking the head causing potential for damage. .

As mentioned above, a Quality PSU generally handles these brownouts without damaging the hardware. IT is more likely to take the PSU out before the internal hardware.

A poor Quality PSU (generally located on the Tier 4 | Tier 5 lists are likely to die faster and can allow issues with hardware.

The real problem comes from a Brownout becoming a Power LOSS (complete, like Flicker power that causes electronics to turn off and back on) This is where the UPS prevent a sudden loss of power and prevent HDD from not safely docking the head causing potential for damage.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 10/07/2017 06:17 PM   
Scroll To Top