GTX 550 TI not recognized after storage
I left for deployment and stored my computer while away. Came back after 9 months and now the display only works from the on board. The Geforce isn't even being detected. I tried forcing boot to PCIE on the MB and immediately updated everything I could with my computer. When trying to Update the VC, the software said it could not proceed because it couldn't detect the device. I checked the device manager and there is nothing listed under display adapters other than the standard intel chipset. There are no caution flags on anything and the VC isn't listed under any of the sub categories. Prior to leaving both monitors worked through the graphics card and upon boot after storage, only onboard does. - Windows 10 64 bit - Intel Core i5 - ASUS P8Z77-v LX motherboard - Samsung 200 GB SSD - Thermal Take TR2 RX 850W PS Not sure where to go from here and the original install CD is not usable because it's for windows 7 and earlier. Any help is appreciated
I left for deployment and stored my computer while away. Came back after 9 months and now the display only works from the on board. The Geforce isn't even being detected. I tried forcing boot to PCIE on the MB and immediately updated everything I could with my computer. When trying to Update the VC, the software said it could not proceed because it couldn't detect the device. I checked the device manager and there is nothing listed under display adapters other than the standard intel chipset. There are no caution flags on anything and the VC isn't listed under any of the sub categories. Prior to leaving both monitors worked through the graphics card and upon boot after storage, only onboard does.
- Windows 10 64 bit
- Intel Core i5
- ASUS P8Z77-v LX motherboard
- Samsung 200 GB SSD
- Thermal Take TR2 RX 850W PS

Not sure where to go from here and the original install CD is not usable because it's for windows 7 and earlier. Any help is appreciated

Posted 10/06/2017 05:46 PM   
You might need to physically remove the card and then put back in it's slot. In case of you having knocked something loose while moving it around.
You might need to physically remove the card and then put back in it's slot. In case of you having knocked something loose while moving it around.

|CPU> Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz (Noctua NH-D14)|GPU> MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X @ 2000MHz|RAM> Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB DDR3 @ 1866MHz CL9|MOB> ASRock Z87 OC Formula|PSU> Corsair AX860i|CAS>
Thermaltake Chaser A71|MON> Asus PB238Q (dual screen)|OPS> Windows 10 64-bit (Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD)

Posted 10/20/2017 04:41 AM   
maybe a microwave exploded nearby and fried it.
maybe a microwave exploded nearby and fried it.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 10/20/2017 11:13 AM   
Scroll To Top