Scripted FIX for stuttering with FPS drop post Win 10 Creators Update. Now with Re-Enable script by ...
  1 / 6    
Hello everyone, I have re-posted this here as it made more sense. You can't update drivers to fix this. It takes a lot more to undo the changes in the Win 10 Creators update that are causing so much grief. But there is a fix. To make it quick and simple I wrote a script that does all that is required. There have been many posts claiming to have a fix. In most of these I have seen some really bad advice on what is wrong and how to fix it. If you want to fix this issue once and for all. You don't need to remove your drivers, download any shady apps or wreck your folder permission to fix this. The script I provided is safe. It only changes what is required to undo the root of the problem. The instructions are below. The script must be run in the order top to bottom. So please make sure your first line is ( and the last line is ). This makes it run in series. There is no fat. Every line is required. Simply turning off the XBOX related settings does not stop the "GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" from running while gaming. The script below can be copied and pasted into an admin CMD window or if you have powershell as the default open a powershell admin command-line and type CMD then press enter. Then paste the code below to run. You can also just save it as a .BAT and run as Admin. This has fixed The division, Wild-lands, Rocket league, and Doom for me. I have not had the issue return either I might add! Gaming is as smooth as ever for my friends and family. If the direction are still too hard to understand you might want to ask a "Tech" friend to assist you. If a game is still giving issues after running the fix, please [s]post here[/s] PM me and maybe I can help you work out why. REM --- copy from here----- ( reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\xbgm" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f sc config XblAuthManager start= disabled sc config XblGameSave start= disabled sc config XboxGipSvc start= disabled sc config XboxNetApiSvc start= disabled schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\XblGameSave\XblGameSaveTask" /Disable takeown /f "%WinDir%\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" /a icacls "%WinDir%\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" /grant:r Administrators:F /c taskkill /im GameBarPresenceWriter.exe /f move "C:\Windows\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" "C:\Windows\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.OLD" schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\XblGameSave\XblGameSaveTask" /Disable takeown /f "%WinDir%\System32\bcastdvr.exe" /a icacls "%WinDir%\System32\bcastdvr.exe" /grant:r Administrators:F /c taskkill /im bcastdvr.exe /f move C:\Windows\System32\bcastdvr.exe C:\Windows\System32\bcastdvr.OLD reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v "AppCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GameBar" /v "UseNexusForGameBarEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v "AudioCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v "CursorCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GameBar" /v "ShowStartupPanel" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\System\GameConfigStore" /v "GameDVR_Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameDVR" /v "AllowgameDVR" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GameBar" /v "AllowAutoGameMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f ) REM ---End Copy Here--- Reboot when done. Enjoy and please let me know if it helps you too.
Hello everyone,

I have re-posted this here as it made more sense. You can't update drivers to fix this. It takes a lot more to undo the changes in the Win 10 Creators update that are causing so much grief. But there is a fix. To make it quick and simple I wrote a script that does all that is required.

There have been many posts claiming to have a fix. In most of these I have seen some really bad advice on what is wrong and how to fix it.

If you want to fix this issue once and for all. You don't need to remove your drivers, download any shady apps or wreck your folder permission to fix this. The script I provided is safe. It only changes what is required to undo the root of the problem. The instructions are below. The script must be run in the order top to bottom. So please make sure your first line is ( and the last line is ). This makes it run in series. There is no fat. Every line is required.

Simply turning off the XBOX related settings does not stop the "GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" from running while gaming. The script below can be copied and pasted into an admin CMD window or if you have powershell as the default open a powershell admin command-line and type CMD then press enter. Then paste the code below to run. You can also just save it as a .BAT and run as Admin.

This has fixed The division, Wild-lands, Rocket league, and Doom for me. I have not had the issue return either I might add!
Gaming is as smooth as ever for my friends and family. If the direction are still too hard to understand you might want to ask a "Tech" friend to assist you.

If a game is still giving issues after running the fix, please post here PM me and maybe I can help you work out why.

REM --- copy from here-----

(
reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\xbgm" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f
sc config XblAuthManager start= disabled
sc config XblGameSave start= disabled
sc config XboxGipSvc start= disabled
sc config XboxNetApiSvc start= disabled
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\XblGameSave\XblGameSaveTask" /Disable
takeown /f "%WinDir%\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" /a
icacls "%WinDir%\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" /grant:r Administrators:F /c
taskkill /im GameBarPresenceWriter.exe /f
move "C:\Windows\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" "C:\Windows\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.OLD"
takeown /f "%WinDir%\System32\bcastdvr.exe" /a
icacls "%WinDir%\System32\bcastdvr.exe" /grant:r Administrators:F /c
taskkill /im bcastdvr.exe /f
move C:\Windows\System32\bcastdvr.exe C:\Windows\System32\bcastdvr.OLD
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v "AppCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GameBar" /v "UseNexusForGameBarEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v "AudioCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v "CursorCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GameBar" /v "ShowStartupPanel" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
reg add "HKCU\System\GameConfigStore" /v "GameDVR_Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameDVR" /v "AllowgameDVR" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GameBar" /v "AllowAutoGameMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

)

REM ---End Copy Here---

Reboot when done.

Enjoy and please let me know if it helps you too.

Posted 09/30/2017 06:28 AM   
good way to wind up with a malware infection.
good way to wind up with a malware infection.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 09/30/2017 10:42 AM   
[quote="Sora"]good way to wind up with a malware infection.[/quote] you didn't even read what the script does and acting retarded as usual ^^
Sora said:good way to wind up with a malware infection.

you didn't even read what the script does and acting retarded as usual ^^

Posted 09/30/2017 12:37 PM   
[quote="Sora"]good way to wind up with a malware infection.[/quote] explain pls

explain pls

Posted 09/30/2017 02:53 PM   
Unsure what Sora is smoking. I mean I'm unsure if it'd fix the stuttering for everyone but the script looks pretty harmless (except it might maybe cause issues when trying to install the big Fall Creator's update for Windows 10 that is being released next month).
Unsure what Sora is smoking. I mean I'm unsure if it'd fix the stuttering for everyone but the script looks pretty harmless (except it might maybe cause issues when trying to install the big Fall Creator's update for Windows 10 that is being released next month).

Custom built PC | Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.60GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1066MHZ RAM | Gigabyte 760 4GB OC1 Windforce x3 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Corsair 760AX Platinum PSU | Fractal Design Define R5 computer case | Samsung P2350 monitor

Posted 09/30/2017 04:06 PM   
[quote="Sora"]good way to wind up with a malware infection.[/quote] Today I learned executing native Windows batch file commands can get you malware.

Today I learned executing native Windows batch file commands can get you malware.

CPU: i7 7700k 4.8Ghz GPU: GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC Mobo: Asus Z270 Maximus IX Hero RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz C16 PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Titanium Case: Coolermaster HAF X O/S: Windows 10 Pro x64

Posted 09/30/2017 07:09 PM   
[quote="Sora"]good way to wind up with a malware infection.[/quote] May have to add another entry to the list. http://www.thedipstop.com/Asshole.html 110. if you post a negative or poisonous statement reply in a tech help forum without reading or understanding the topic...

May have to add another entry to the list.

http://www.thedipstop.com/Asshole.html

110. if you post a negative or poisonous statement reply in a tech help forum without reading or understanding the topic...

Posted 09/30/2017 10:37 PM   
. Looks good to me. Seems like it is working on the XBox Live, XBox DVR, Windows GameBar. What I tend to find is that if you just disable the XBox DVR it generally solves the issues...but this script looks good. .

Looks good to me. Seems like it is working on the XBox Live, XBox DVR, Windows GameBar.

What I tend to find is that if you just disable the XBox DVR it generally solves the issues...but this script looks good.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 09/30/2017 11:20 PM   
Disabling all the Windows 10 crap about game mode didn't fix anything, this script goes deeper
Disabling all the Windows 10 crap about game mode didn't fix anything, this script goes deeper

Posted 10/01/2017 12:01 AM   

Posted 10/01/2017 12:02 AM   
[quote="anphetamina"][quote="Sora"]good way to wind up with a malware infection.[/quote] explain pls[/quote] These locations are protected by the trusted installer service so that files within them cannot be replaced by self executing trojan loaders and such, the commands in the batch give local admin access to them. so yeah, good way to wind up with a deep rooted malware infection.
anphetamina said:

explain pls

These locations are protected by the trusted installer service so that files within them cannot be replaced by self executing trojan loaders and such, the commands in the batch give local admin access to them.

so yeah, good way to wind up with a deep rooted malware infection.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 10/01/2017 12:48 AM   
[quote="Sora"][quote="anphetamina"][quote="Sora"]good way to wind up with a malware infection.[/quote] explain pls[/quote] These locations are protected by the trusted installer service so that files within them cannot be replaced by self executing trojan loaders and such, the commands in the batch give local admin access to them. so yeah, good way to wind up with a deep rooted malware infection. [/quote] [b]Sora allow me to respond[/b]. First, to the other reader I normally would do this but I feel I must defend my efforts here. I am very new to these forums. I have only been a member of this forum for 2 days and you really seem like just a moron with a fancy signature. You "Sora" think you know what you are talking about. That's very dangerous to those who come here for help. You may have caused some readers to miss the chance to fix this issue safely. I am formally requesting you put a warning in that ridiculous signature. It should state clearly your willingness to provide guidance even if you know fuck all on the subject. I find it's best to lead by example. I will break it down for you Sora, just this one time. Knowledge is half the battle or so I heard. [color="green"]This is required to take ownership so "GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" can be renamed.[/color] takeown /f "%WinDir%\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" /a [color="green"]Makes the Administrators group the "owner" of this one file. Trusted user rights are untouched.[/color] icacls "%WinDir%\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" /grant:r Administrators:F /c [color="green"]Force end Task if the file is running.[/color] taskkill /im GameBarPresenceWriter.exe /f [color="green"]Renames the file changing the extension to .old[/color] move "C:\Windows\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" "C:\Windows\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.OLD" The All folder permissions are still intact. How exactly has the security of the system been opened up to exploit? The only access altered is to the 2 files that are being renamed. This is done to protect what you claim is a risk. No need to wait for you to reply. It has not changed. Now if you have a specific objection to a specific line of my code, I am all ears. Please be exact in your complaint. You will have to provide proof, evidence, facts, and/or logic to back up your claim. Now to the people who want to fix this issue, Feel free to use my script. I am willing to assist if you have questions. Just shoot me a PM.
Sora said:
anphetamina said:

explain pls

These locations are protected by the trusted installer service so that files within them cannot be replaced by self executing trojan loaders and such, the commands in the batch give local admin access to them.

so yeah, good way to wind up with a deep rooted malware infection.

Sora allow me to respond.
First, to the other reader I normally would do this but I feel I must defend my efforts here. I am very new to these forums.

I have only been a member of this forum for 2 days and you really seem like just a moron with a fancy signature.
You "Sora" think you know what you are talking about.
That's very dangerous to those who come here for help.
You may have caused some readers to miss the chance to fix this issue safely. I am formally requesting you put a warning
in that ridiculous signature. It should state clearly your willingness to provide guidance even if you know fuck all on the subject.

I find it's best to lead by example. I will break it down for you Sora, just this one time.
Knowledge is half the battle or so I heard.

This is required to take ownership so "GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" can be renamed.

Makes the Administrators group the "owner" of this one file. Trusted user rights are untouched.
icacls "%WinDir%\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" /grant:r Administrators:F /c

Force end Task if the file is running.

Renames the file changing the extension to .old
move "C:\Windows\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" "C:\Windows\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.OLD"

The All folder permissions are still intact. How exactly has the security of the system been opened up to exploit?
The only access altered is to the 2 files that are being renamed. This is done to protect what you claim is a risk.

No need to wait for you to reply. It has not changed.

Now if you have a specific objection to a specific line of my code, I am all ears.
Please be exact in your complaint. You will have to provide proof, evidence, facts, and/or logic to back up your claim.

Now to the people who want to fix this issue, Feel free to use my script. I am willing to assist if you have questions. Just shoot me a PM.

Posted 10/01/2017 05:06 AM   
[quote="sgoelzer666"]Hello everyone, I have re-posted this here as it made more sense. You can't update drivers to fix this. It takes a lot more to undo the changes in the Win 10 Creators update that are causing so much grief. But there is a fix. To make it quick and simple I wrote a script that does all that is required. There have been many posts claiming to have a fix. In most of these I have seen some really bad advice on what is wrong and how to fix it. If you want to fix this issue once and for all. You don't need to remove your drivers, download any shady apps or wreck your folder permission to fix this. The script I provided is safe. It only changes what is required to undo the root of the problem. The instructions are below. The script must be run in the order top to bottom. So please make sure your first line is ( and the last line is ). This makes it run in series. There is no fat. Every line is required. Simply turning off the XBOX related settings does not stop the "GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" from running while gaming. The script below can be copied and pasted into an admin CMD window or if you have powershell as the default open a powershell admin commandline and type CMD then press enter. Then paste the code below to run. You can also just save it as a .BAT and run as Admin. This has fixed The division, Wild-lands, Rocket league, and Doom for me. I have not had the issue return either I might add! Gaming is as smooth as ever for my friends and family. If the direction are still too hard to understand you might want to ask a "Tech" friend to assist you. If a game is still giving issues after running the fix, please post here and maybe I can help you work out why. REM --- copy from here----- ( reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\xbgm" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f sc config XblAuthManager start= disabled sc config XblGameSave start= disabled sc config XboxGipSvc start= disabled sc config XboxNetApiSvc start= disabled schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\XblGameSave\XblGameSaveTask" /Disable takeown /f "%WinDir%\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" /a icacls "%WinDir%\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" /grant:r Administrators:F /c taskkill /im GameBarPresenceWriter.exe /f move "C:\Windows\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" "C:\Windows\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.OLD" schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\XblGameSave\XblGameSaveTask" /Disable takeown /f "%WinDir%\System32\bcastdvr.exe" /a icacls "%WinDir%\System32\bcastdvr.exe" /grant:r Administrators:F /c taskkill /im bcastdvr.exe /f move C:\Windows\System32\bcastdvr.exe C:\Windows\System32\bcastdvr.OLD reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v "AppCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GameBar" /v "UseNexusForGameBarEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v "AudioCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v "CursorCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GameBar" /v "ShowStartupPanel" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\System\GameConfigStore" /v "GameDVR_Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameDVR" /v "AllowgameDVR" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GameBar" /v "AllowAutoGameMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f ) REM ---End Copy Here--- Reboot when done. Enjoy and please let me know if it helps you too.[/quote] Hi, thanks for the efforts to help us, but if I use this script, can i continue using the windows store games?? Like Solitaire, Taptiles, Jigsaw?
sgoelzer666 said:Hello everyone,

I have re-posted this here as it made more sense. You can't update drivers to fix this. It takes a lot more to undo the changes in the Win 10 Creators update that are causing so much grief. But there is a fix. To make it quick and simple I wrote a script that does all that is required.

There have been many posts claiming to have a fix. In most of these I have seen some really bad advice on what is wrong and how to fix it.

If you want to fix this issue once and for all. You don't need to remove your drivers, download any shady apps or wreck your folder permission to fix this. The script I provided is safe. It only changes what is required to undo the root of the problem. The instructions are below. The script must be run in the order top to bottom. So please make sure your first line is ( and the last line is ). This makes it run in series. There is no fat. Every line is required.

Simply turning off the XBOX related settings does not stop the "GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" from running while gaming. The script below
can be copied and pasted into an admin CMD window or if you have powershell as the default open a powershell admin commandline and type CMD then press enter. Then paste the code below to run. You can also just save it as a .BAT and run as Admin.

This has fixed The division, Wild-lands, Rocket league, and Doom for me. I have not had the issue return either I might add!
Gaming is as smooth as ever for my friends and family. If the direction are still too hard to understand you might want to ask a "Tech" friend to assist you.

If a game is still giving issues after running the fix, please post here and maybe I can help you work out why.

(
reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\xbgm" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v "AppCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GameBar" /v "UseNexusForGameBarEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v "AudioCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v "CursorCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GameBar" /v "ShowStartupPanel" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
reg add "HKCU\System\GameConfigStore" /v "GameDVR_Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameDVR" /v "AllowgameDVR" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GameBar" /v "AllowAutoGameMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
)
REM ---End Copy Here---

Reboot when done.

Hi, thanks for the efforts to help us, but if I use this script, can i continue using the windows store games?? Like Solitaire, Taptiles, Jigsaw?

Posted 10/01/2017 05:41 AM   
Out of curiosity, would disabling Game bar functionality and Game DVR background recording in Settings have the same effect?
Out of curiosity, would disabling Game bar functionality and Game DVR background recording in Settings have the same effect?

Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G (GV-N108TAORUS X-11GD) Factory overclock = 1721. Currently 1671 to prevent Battlefield 1 from freezing.

Intel i7-5960X capped at 4GHz.
Asus Rampage V Extreme
G-Skill 16GB (4GB x 4) @2549MHz
Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
Windows 10 Pro
On-board audio

Posted 10/01/2017 05:58 AM   
[quote="Rainerdaniel"][quote="sgoelzer666"]Hello everyone, I have re-posted this here as it made more sense. You can't update drivers to fix this. It takes a lot more to undo the changes in the Win 10 Creators update that are causing so much grief. But there is a fix. To make it quick and simple I wrote a script that does all that is required. There have been many posts claiming to have a fix. In most of these I have seen some really bad advice on what is wrong and how to fix it. If you want to fix this issue once and for all. You don't need to remove your drivers, download any shady apps or wreck your folder permission to fix this. The script I provided is safe. It only changes what is required to undo the root of the problem. The instructions are below. The script must be run in the order top to bottom. So please make sure your first line is ( and the last line is ). This makes it run in series. There is no fat. Every line is required. Simply turning off the XBOX related settings does not stop the "GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" from running while gaming. The script below can be copied and pasted into an admin CMD window or if you have powershell as the default open a powershell admin commandline and type CMD then press enter. Then paste the code below to run. You can also just save it as a .BAT and run as Admin. This has fixed The division, Wild-lands, Rocket league, and Doom for me. I have not had the issue return either I might add! Gaming is as smooth as ever for my friends and family. If the direction are still too hard to understand you might want to ask a "Tech" friend to assist you. If a game is still giving issues after running the fix, please post here and maybe I can help you work out why. REM --- copy from here----- ( reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\xbgm" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f sc config XblAuthManager start= disabled sc config XblGameSave start= disabled sc config XboxGipSvc start= disabled sc config XboxNetApiSvc start= disabled schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\XblGameSave\XblGameSaveTask" /Disable takeown /f "%WinDir%\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" /a icacls "%WinDir%\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" /grant:r Administrators:F /c taskkill /im GameBarPresenceWriter.exe /f move "C:\Windows\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" "C:\Windows\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.OLD" schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\XblGameSave\XblGameSaveTask" /Disable takeown /f "%WinDir%\System32\bcastdvr.exe" /a icacls "%WinDir%\System32\bcastdvr.exe" /grant:r Administrators:F /c taskkill /im bcastdvr.exe /f move C:\Windows\System32\bcastdvr.exe C:\Windows\System32\bcastdvr.OLD reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v "AppCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GameBar" /v "UseNexusForGameBarEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v "AudioCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v "CursorCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GameBar" /v "ShowStartupPanel" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\System\GameConfigStore" /v "GameDVR_Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameDVR" /v "AllowgameDVR" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GameBar" /v "AllowAutoGameMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f ) REM ---End Copy Here--- Reboot when done. Enjoy and please let me know if it helps you too.[/quote] Hi, thanks for the efforts to help us, but if I use this script, can i continue using the windows store games?? Like Solitaire, Taptiles, Jigsaw?[/quote] Yes everything should work except the xboxdvr and game bar.
Rainerdaniel said:
sgoelzer666 said:Hello everyone,

Simply turning off the XBOX related settings does not stop the "GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" from running while gaming. The script below
can be copied and pasted into an admin CMD window or if you have powershell as the default open a powershell admin commandline and type CMD then press enter. Then paste the code below to run. You can also just save it as a .BAT and run as Admin.

If a game is still giving issues after running the fix, please post here and maybe I can help you work out why.

(
)
REM ---End Copy Here---

Reboot when done.

Hi, thanks for the efforts to help us, but if I use this script, can i continue using the windows store games?? Like Solitaire, Taptiles, Jigsaw?

Yes everything should work except the xboxdvr and game bar.

Posted 10/01/2017 06:06 AM   
  1 / 6    
Scroll To Top