Assistant Universal Search - Kodi, Plex, Arc Browser..
  1 / 2    
Sooo.. Do you guy tried the Universal Search recently? All I get is matches from Play Movies, Netflix, VUDU and Youtube. ..As.. you know.. system apps. Even though they are enabled as searchable apps, I get no more hits from Kodi/Plex/Archos/Arc Browser nor anything else. I do see a loading circle marked "Loding more sources" for 1 second or so, but nothing happens. Has anyone been able to figure that one out?
Sooo.. Do you guy tried the Universal Search recently?

All I get is matches from Play Movies, Netflix, VUDU and Youtube.

..As.. you know.. system apps.

Even though they are enabled as searchable apps, I get no more hits from Kodi/Plex/Archos/Arc Browser nor anything else.

I do see a loading circle marked "Loding more sources" for 1 second or so, but nothing happens.

Has anyone been able to figure that one out?

Posted 09/29/2017 03:32 AM   
Sorry to hear that. Seems to find Plex and SPMC stuff for me just fine.
Sorry to hear that. Seems to find Plex and SPMC stuff for me just fine.

Posted 09/29/2017 07:22 AM   
Works fine here as well. Movie search brings up results for Kodi, SMPC, MrMC, Plex and Sling TV.
Works fine here as well. Movie search brings up results for Kodi, SMPC, MrMC, Plex and Sling TV.

Posted 09/29/2017 10:01 AM   
Kodi V18 will integrate ATV search function, SPMC already has this
Kodi V18 will integrate ATV search function, SPMC already has this

Posted 09/29/2017 11:54 AM   
Straight searches for me not returning Plex results. I can open Plex with a voice command, find and play movies once within Plex, but it won't return results from Plex from the Home Scree. As to [i]"Even though they are enabled as searchable apps"[/i], where do you do that exactly? Not getting results from Kodi either, can't understand how it being reported it works if the function won't be enabled until Kodi 18, unless the user has a K18 beta??
Straight searches for me not returning Plex results. I can open Plex with a voice command, find and play movies once within Plex, but it won't return results from Plex from the Home Scree. As to "Even though they are enabled as searchable apps", where do you do that exactly? Not getting results from Kodi either, can't understand how it being reported it works if the function won't be enabled until Kodi 18, unless the user has a K18 beta??

Posted 09/29/2017 12:37 PM   
[quote="LenDaai"]Straight searches for me not returning Plex results. I can open Plex with a voice command, find and play movies once within Plex, but it won't return results from Plex from the Home Scree. As to [i]"Even though they are enabled as searchable apps"[/i], where do you do that exactly? Not getting results from Kodi either, can't understand how it being reported it works if the function won't be enabled until Kodi 18, unless the user has a K18 beta??[/quote] By going to Settings > Google (under Preferences) > Searchable apps. Kodi v18 is not yet in beta, it's still in Alpha, but as always you can download install the nightlies from here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm64-v8a/master/
LenDaai said:Straight searches for me not returning Plex results. I can open Plex with a voice command, find and play movies once within Plex, but it won't return results from Plex from the Home Scree. As to "Even though they are enabled as searchable apps", where do you do that exactly? Not getting results from Kodi either, can't understand how it being reported it works if the function won't be enabled until Kodi 18, unless the user has a K18 beta??

By going to Settings > Google (under Preferences) > Searchable apps.

Kodi v18 is not yet in beta, it's still in Alpha, but as always you can download install the nightlies from here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm64-v8a/master/

Posted 09/29/2017 02:05 PM   
I'm not talking about the search results at the bottom; [url=https://ibb.co/frWQ8w][img]https://thumb.ibb.co/frWQ8w/IMG_20170929_135457.jpg[/img][/url] I'm talking about those "Available on Netflix/Play Movies/etc buttons. [url=https://ibb.co/mYNXow][img]https://thumb.ibb.co/mYNXow/IMG_20170929_135514.jpg[/img][/url] The latest Kodi nightly should provide one. Archos Media Center used to. Now it's broken.
I'm not talking about the search results at the bottom;

I'm talking about those "Available on Netflix/Play Movies/etc buttons.

The latest Kodi nightly should provide one. Archos Media Center used to. Now it's broken.

Posted 09/29/2017 06:41 PM   
[quote="Wewewi" I'm talking about those "Available on Netflix/Play Movies/etc buttons. [/quote] Yes, I'm aware of what you're talking about. But as already stated, it picks up for other apps. [img]https://i.imgur.com/YUeSxnx.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Gx90CrI.jpg[/img]
[quote="Wewewi"
I'm talking about those "Available on Netflix/Play Movies/etc buttons.

Yes, I'm aware of what you're talking about. But as already stated, it picks up for other apps.

Posted 09/29/2017 08:11 PM   
Dang. Do you see Netflix/Vudu/Play Movies/Youtube in the Searchable Apps list? .. Cause I dont. It's like this whole page of settings doesnt work anymore. Tried clearing Google framework/Play Store/Play Services data to no avail.
Dang.

Do you see Netflix/Vudu/Play Movies/Youtube in the Searchable Apps list?

.. Cause I dont. It's like this whole page of settings doesnt work anymore.

Tried clearing Google framework/Play Store/Play Services data to no avail.

Posted 09/29/2017 10:20 PM   
[quote="Wewewi"]Dang. Do you see Netflix/Vudu/Play Movies/Youtube in the Searchable Apps list? .. Cause I dont. It's like this whole page of settings doesnt work anymore. Tried clearing Google framework/Play Store/Play Services data to no avail.[/quote] Yes. What is your keyboard set to? Are you in the U.S.?
Wewewi said:Dang.

Do you see Netflix/Vudu/Play Movies/Youtube in the Searchable Apps list?

.. Cause I dont. It's like this whole page of settings doesnt work anymore.

Tried clearing Google framework/Play Store/Play Services data to no avail.

Yes. What is your keyboard set to? Are you in the U.S.?

Posted 09/29/2017 10:43 PM   
Using the standard Leanback keyboard in Canada.. nothing crazy.. XD
Using the standard Leanback keyboard in Canada.. nothing crazy.. XD

Posted 09/29/2017 10:52 PM   
Sorry, I meant want language to you have set? If not already make sure it's set to English (U.S.).
Sorry, I meant want language to you have set? If not already make sure it's set to English (U.S.).

Posted 09/29/2017 10:56 PM   
[quote="Tinwarble"]Works fine here as well. Movie search brings up results for Kodi, SMPC, MrMC, Plex and Sling TV.[/quote] Are you running Kodi 17.x or an 18 nightly? I've got 17.4 and it's not on the list of the "Searchable Apps" under the Settings -> Google menu. Netflix isn't on that list, but I can search for shows/movies in that with Google Assistant but not Kodi.
Tinwarble said:Works fine here as well. Movie search brings up results for Kodi, SMPC, MrMC, Plex and Sling TV.

Are you running Kodi 17.x or an 18 nightly? I've got 17.4 and it's not on the list of the "Searchable Apps" under the Settings -> Google menu. Netflix isn't on that list, but I can search for shows/movies in that with Google Assistant but not Kodi.

Posted 10/03/2017 11:09 PM   
Kodi v18.
Kodi v18.

Posted 10/03/2017 11:23 PM   
Figured out Assistant is just incredibly picky about movie titles, especially via SPMC/Kodi 18. Some titles he just never will pick up no matter what for some reason. Kodi 18/SPMC will yeild "Available on" buttons about 50% of the time, while Plex is much more reliable, at about 90%. Presumably because it processes the library in a different way. A few examples with widely popular movies; - Ghostbusters - No Available buttons no matter if you have the old or new version, or both. - Rush Hour - Assistant just wont figure it out. Will pick up Rush Hour 2, though. - Star Wars - Assistant will pick up the movie series but will offer the original movie for Plex only. - Star Wars The Force Awakens - Will be available on Plex, Youtube, Netflix, Google Play.. But not Kodi/SPMC. - Gangs of New York - Will be available on Youtube, Netflix and Google Play, but NOT on Plex/Kodi/SPMC. That being said, can anyone confirm they DONT see Netflix/Play Movies/Youtube/Possibly Vudu in their Searchable Apps list? Or is it a bug just on my device.. =/
Figured out Assistant is just incredibly picky about movie titles, especially via SPMC/Kodi 18.

Some titles he just never will pick up no matter what for some reason. Kodi 18/SPMC will yeild "Available on" buttons about 50% of the time, while Plex is much more reliable, at about 90%. Presumably because it processes the library in a different way.

A few examples with widely popular movies;

- Ghostbusters - No Available buttons no matter if you have the old or new version, or both.

- Rush Hour - Assistant just wont figure it out. Will pick up Rush Hour 2, though.

- Star Wars - Assistant will pick up the movie series but will offer the original movie for Plex only.

- Star Wars The Force Awakens - Will be available on Plex, Youtube, Netflix, Google Play.. But not Kodi/SPMC.

- Gangs of New York - Will be available on Youtube, Netflix and Google Play, but NOT on Plex/Kodi/SPMC.

That being said, can anyone confirm they DONT see Netflix/Play Movies/Youtube/Possibly Vudu in their Searchable Apps list? Or is it a bug just on my device.. =/

Posted 10/04/2017 12:00 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top