SHIELD Experience Upgrade 6.0 for SHIELD TV
  1 / 38    
This upgrade delivers many exciting new features, including: [.]For the first time ever, the Google Assistant on TV[/.] [.]The first ever hands-free assistant designed for TV[/.] For help with setting up Google Assistant, please visit the thread below: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1025429/shield-tv/how-to-get-started-with-google-assistant-on-shield-tv/ View the full release notes for SHIELD Experience Upgrade 6.0 here: [url]https://shield.nvidia.com/support/nvidia-shield-tv/release-notes/1[/url] Additional enhancements/fixes not covered in the release notes are: [.]Dynamic refresh rate with mixed HDMI setups:[/.] [list] [.]Dynamic refresh rate switching now is now supported on mixed HDMI configurations (e.g. SHIELD connected to an HDMI 2.0 compatible receiver, then connected to an older HDMI 1.3 compatible TV). Note: we are investigating some rare cases of audio/video loss in these configurations that will be addressed in a future release. [/.] [/list] [.]Customized HDMI modes[/.] [list] [.]Select your custom SHIELD display output mode. In Settings > Display & Sounds > Advanced settings > HDMI settings, unselect Set to recommended. Select HDMI display modes to see the list of supported modes your display supports. [/.] [/list] [.]Reduced video stutter when display refresh is set to 23.976Hz.[/.] [.]Fixed cases of dropped frames when playing 25Hz content in Kodi.[/.] [.]Improved image scaling for shows recorded in standard definition in PLEX.[/.] [.]Added ability for Hauppauge dual tuners to scan for both DVB-T and DVB-T2 channels.[/.] [.]Improved reliability of firmware updates for SHIELD remote.[/.] [.]Fixed cases of local network storage access disappearing for German language.[/.] [.]Fixed cases of protected content failing to play if TV is turned off during playback.[/.] [.]Added HDMI-CEC volume control for Bose SoundTouch 520.[/.]
This upgrade delivers many exciting new features, including:
  • For the first time ever, the Google Assistant on TV
  • The first ever hands-free assistant designed for TV

• For help with setting up Google Assistant, please visit the thread below:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1025429/shield-tv/how-to-get-started-with-google-assistant-on-shield-tv/

View the full release notes for SHIELD Experience Upgrade 6.0 here:
    https://shield.nvidia.com/support/nvidia-shield-tv/release-notes/1

Additional enhancements/fixes not covered in the release notes are:
  • Dynamic refresh rate with mixed HDMI setups:
    • Dynamic refresh rate switching now is now supported on mixed HDMI configurations (e.g. SHIELD connected to an HDMI 2.0 compatible receiver, then connected to an older HDMI 1.3 compatible TV). Note: we are investigating some rare cases of audio/video loss in these configurations that will be addressed in a future release.

• Customized HDMI modes
    • Select your custom SHIELD display output mode. In Settings > Display & Sounds > Advanced settings > HDMI settings, unselect Set to recommended. Select HDMI display modes to see the list of supported modes your display supports.

• Reduced video stutter when display refresh is set to 23.976Hz.
  • Fixed cases of dropped frames when playing 25Hz content in Kodi.
  • Improved image scaling for shows recorded in standard definition in PLEX.
  • Added ability for Hauppauge dual tuners to scan for both DVB-T and DVB-T2 channels.
  • Improved reliability of firmware updates for SHIELD remote.
  • Fixed cases of local network storage access disappearing for German language.
  • Fixed cases of protected content failing to play if TV is turned off during playback.
  • Added HDMI-CEC volume control for Bose SoundTouch 520.
  • We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
    www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 09/28/2017 09:14 AM   
    [u]Issues and updates: [/u] [.]If AOSP English language is selected, keyboard may switch to Russian/Czech. As a temporary workaround, please change keyboard setting to Leanback (Settiings > Keyboard > Current keyboard > Leanback keyboard) to input English.[/.] [.]Vudu app may appear outside of USA after update although app is only supported in the USA. Playback and purchases will not work outside of USA[/.] [.]If you have Switch Access enabled from the Accessibility settings, pressing the home button once on the SHIELD Remote will bring up the app switcher screen. As a temporary workaround, please disable Switch Access setting [/.] [.]SHIELD TV 6.0 Software Upgrade stuck at 20% download. Please send me a private message with the following:[/.] SHIELD Model (SHIELD TV 16GB 2015, SHIELD TV Pro 500GB 2015, SHIELD TV 16GB 2017, SHIELD TV Pro 2017): SHIELD TV Serial Number (go to Settings -> About -> Status -> Serial to get the full serial number from your device):
    Issues and updates:

• If AOSP English language is selected, keyboard may switch to Russian/Czech. As a temporary workaround, please change keyboard setting to Leanback (Settiings > Keyboard > Current keyboard > Leanback keyboard) to input English.
  • Vudu app may appear outside of USA after update although app is only supported in the USA. Playback and purchases will not work outside of USA
  • If you have Switch Access enabled from the Accessibility settings, pressing the home button once on the SHIELD Remote will bring up the app switcher screen. As a temporary workaround, please disable Switch Access setting
  • SHIELD TV 6.0 Software Upgrade stuck at 20% download. Please send me a private message with the following:

• SHIELD Model (SHIELD TV 16GB 2015, SHIELD TV Pro 500GB 2015, SHIELD TV 16GB 2017, SHIELD TV Pro 2017):
    SHIELD TV Serial Number (go to Settings -> About -> Status -> Serial to get the full serial number from your device):

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

Posted 09/28/2017 09:15 AM   
    Downloading now!!! [img]https://i.imgur.com/WzDDzdq.png[/img]
    Downloading now!!!

Posted 09/28/2017 01:06 PM   
    Why is there no chance to update with twrp as recovery and an unlocked bootloader? [quote="ManuelGuzmanNV"]This upgrade delivers many exciting new features, including.... [/quote] @ManuelGuzmanNV could you please provide a zip file to flash with twrp to keep root/unlocked bootloader and twrp! That would be a cool "nvidia-way" and a big plus for shieldTV. Greetings by holzkopfjo
    Why is there no chance to update with twrp as recovery and an unlocked bootloader?

ManuelGuzmanNV said:This upgrade delivers many exciting new features, including....

@ManuelGuzmanNV could you please provide a zip file to flash with twrp to keep root/unlocked bootloader and twrp! That would be a cool "nvidia-way" and a big plus for shieldTV.

Greetings by holzkopfjo

Posted 09/28/2017 01:10 PM   
    [quote="holzkopfjoe"]Why is there no chance to update with twrp as recovery and an unlocked bootloader? [quote="ManuelGuzmanNV"]This upgrade delivers many exciting new features, including.... [/quote] @ManuelGuzmanNV could you please provide a zip file to flash with twrp to keep root/unlocked bootloader and twrp! That would be a cool "nvidia-way" and a big plus for shieldTV. Greetings by holzkopfjo[/quote] Because 99.99% of Shield TV users don't do this ?
    holzkopfjoe said:Why is there no chance to update with twrp as recovery and an unlocked bootloader?

ManuelGuzmanNV said:This upgrade delivers many exciting new features, including....

@ManuelGuzmanNV could you please provide a zip file to flash with twrp to keep root/unlocked bootloader and twrp! That would be a cool "nvidia-way" and a big plus for shieldTV.

Greetings by holzkopfjo

Because 99.99% of Shield TV users don't do this ?

Posted 09/28/2017 01:14 PM   
    Excellent, nearly everything is US only :(
    Excellent, nearly everything is US only :(

Posted 09/28/2017 01:25 PM   
    No auto resolution switching :(
    No auto resolution switching :(

Posted 09/28/2017 01:33 PM   
    [quote="majorrpump"]No auto resolution switching :([/quote] Actually, yes. The app has to use the API though, I believe that Koying may have already implemented it in Kodi v18 since he had already discovered that is was possible, but I'll have to check. Also, for Google Assistant, you'll need to activate voice search first to set it up.
    majorrpump said:No auto resolution switching :(

Actually, yes. The app has to use the API though, I believe that Koying may have already implemented it in Kodi v18 since he had already discovered that is was possible, but I'll have to check.

Also, for Google Assistant, you'll need to activate voice search first to set it up.

Posted 09/28/2017 01:40 PM   
    When should we expect this in the UK? Google Assistant is already here for Phones, and Google Home.
    When should we expect this in the UK?

Google Assistant is already here for Phones, and Google Home.

Posted 09/28/2017 01:41 PM   
    There was talk about bringing google Photos to this update. Can anyone confirm this?
    There was talk about bringing google Photos to this update. Can anyone confirm this?

Posted 09/28/2017 01:44 PM   
    [quote="zouz513"][quote="holzkopfjoe"]Why is there no chance to update with twrp as recovery and an unlocked bootloader? [quote="ManuelGuzmanNV"]This upgrade delivers many exciting new features, including.... [/quote] @ManuelGuzmanNV could you please provide a zip file to flash with twrp to keep root/unlocked bootloader and twrp! That would be a cool "nvidia-way" and a big plus for shieldTV. Greetings by holzkopfjo[/quote] Because 99.99% of Shield TV users don't do this ?[/quote] This is no reason and a question is, where is your 99,99% data-source from? Instead I can see 3000 people loading twrp, on xda: https://www.imagebanana.com/s/big/829/b2qnWeEM.PNG I would be happy too about possibilty to flash this new update within twrp or instead let the update finished too, when flashing with a device with custom-recovery. Sadly the update not finished when twrp is installed I need to revert to stock when I want to flash this new update or I need to wait to had the full controll (root and a good recovery like twrp) f my own device. Please nvidia dont be deaf! -henjerio-
    zouz513 said:
    holzkopfjoe said:Why is there no chance to update with twrp as recovery and an unlocked bootloader?

Greetings by holzkopfjo

Because 99.99% of Shield TV users don't do this ?

This is no reason and a question is, where is your 99,99% data-source from?

Instead I can see 3000 people loading twrp, on xda:
    https://www.imagebanana.com/s/big/829/b2qnWeEM.PNG

I would be happy too about possibilty to flash this new update within twrp or instead let the update finished too, when flashing with a device with custom-recovery.
    Sadly the update not finished when twrp is installed I need to revert to stock when I want to flash this new update or I need to wait to had the full controll (root and a good recovery like twrp) f my own device.

Please nvidia dont be deaf!

-henjerio-

Posted 09/28/2017 01:56 PM   
    WTF is going on after the update ? Every 10sec the connection to my TV get los with a terrific sound and a pixeled screen? Has anyone else this problem?
    WTF is going on after the update ?
    Every 10sec the connection to my TV get los with a terrific sound and a pixeled screen?
    Has anyone else this problem?

Posted 09/28/2017 02:07 PM   
    [quote="jamieson87"]When should we expect this in the UK? Google Assistant is already here for Phones, and Google Home.[/quote] We are working with Google to bring Google Assistant to Europe.
    jamieson87 said:When should we expect this in the UK?

Google Assistant is already here for Phones, and Google Home.

We are working with Google to bring Google Assistant to Europe.

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

Posted 09/28/2017 02:07 PM   
    [quote="Karpfenhunter"]WTF is going on after the update ? Every 10sec the connection to my TV get los with a terrific sound and a pixeled screen? Has anyone else this problem? [/quote] Can you share more info? What TV make and model do you have? Do you have a receiver going in between? What app(s) do you see this in?
    Karpfenhunter said:WTF is going on after the update ?
    Every 10sec the connection to my TV get los with a terrific sound and a pixeled screen?
    Has anyone else this problem?

Can you share more info? What TV make and model do you have? Do you have a receiver going in between? What app(s) do you see this in?

Posted 09/28/2017 02:09 PM   
    So still no 3D ISO MVC support? So still no "remount" smb shares after NAS reboot/connection lost?
    So still no 3D ISO MVC support?
    So still no "remount" smb shares after NAS reboot/connection lost?

Posted 09/28/2017 02:10 PM   
      1 / 38    
    Scroll To Top