NVidia DRIVER 387.78 for Win 10 Insiders
  1 / 6    
NVidia driver 387.78 is now released by Windows Update to Win 10 Insiders on the Fast Ring. More info over at the laptopvideo2go website.
NVidia driver 387.78 is now released by Windows Update to Win 10 Insiders on the Fast Ring.
More info over at the laptopvideo2go website.

EVGA GTX 1080 SC, ASUS VE278 @60Hz, NVidia driver 388.59 Win 10 build 17046 64-bit, 4770K cpu, 16GB RAM, ASUS Maximus VI Hero, SSD hard drives, 750W PC Power & Cooling power supply, Soundblaster Zx PCI-e. Games: CoD WWII, CoD Infinite Warfare.

Posted 09/26/2017 10:12 PM   
Running better than the last one?
Running better than the last one?

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 09/27/2017 12:19 AM   
[quote="Sora"]Running better than the last one?[/quote] 1) Colors issue when playing CoD BO3 fullscreen is still there. I still have to set to Windowed Fullscreen to get normal colors in that particular game. 2) CoD Infinite Warfare is playing about the same as it was with driver 387.68, perhaps only very slightly slower, but still noticeably better than with 385.xx drivers. 3) Two Heaven Benchmark 4.0 DirectX 11 tests showed a benchmark score that was a little bit lower than the highest score seen with driver 387.68, but the scores were still noticeably higher than it was with any of the 385.xx drivers. 4) When examined with NVidia Profile Inspector, it appears that there is a specific game profile for CoD WWII present, not a generic game profile. Which is good. Appears to be Game Ready for CoD WWII. 5) My guess is that the NVidia security update which was included in driver 385.69 is also present in this 387.78 driver. 6) Someone in the Win 10 Insider Slow Ring said he also got the 387.78 driver come in by Windows Updates.
Sora said:Running better than the last one?

1) Colors issue when playing CoD BO3 fullscreen is still there. I still have to set to Windowed Fullscreen to get normal colors in that particular game.

2) CoD Infinite Warfare is playing about the same as it was with driver 387.68, perhaps only very slightly slower, but still noticeably better than with 385.xx drivers.

3) Two Heaven Benchmark 4.0 DirectX 11 tests showed a benchmark score that was a little bit lower than the highest score seen with driver 387.68, but the scores were still noticeably higher than it was with any of the 385.xx drivers.

4) When examined with NVidia Profile Inspector, it appears that there is a specific game profile for CoD WWII present, not a generic game profile. Which is good. Appears to be Game Ready for CoD WWII.

5) My guess is that the NVidia security update which was included in driver 385.69 is also present in this 387.78 driver.

6) Someone in the Win 10 Insider Slow Ring said he also got the 387.78 driver come in by Windows Updates.

EVGA GTX 1080 SC, ASUS VE278 @60Hz, NVidia driver 388.59 Win 10 build 17046 64-bit, 4770K cpu, 16GB RAM, ASUS Maximus VI Hero, SSD hard drives, 750W PC Power & Cooling power supply, Soundblaster Zx PCI-e. Games: CoD WWII, CoD Infinite Warfare.

Posted 09/27/2017 12:29 AM   
Have you put any feedback on the hub for the color issue? might be something MS and NV want to investigate together.
Have you put any feedback on the hub for the color issue? might be something MS and NV want to investigate together.

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP

Posted 09/27/2017 03:23 AM   
Got it here as well and I'm on the Slow Ring, so your point 6 is correct.
Got it here as well and I'm on the Slow Ring, so your point 6 is correct.

Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake
Scythe Mugen 5 PCGH
MSI Z370 Krait Gaming
Corsair Value Select 16GB (4x4GB) 2133MHz
Crucial SSD M4 256GB
Fusion IO Drive MLC 320GB
Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G
Seasonic Focus Plus 750 gold
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Phanteks P400S Tempered Glass
IIyama 34" PROLITE XUB3490WQSU-B1

Posted 09/27/2017 06:08 AM   
Got it last night (fast ring). Still having problems with Nvidia custom resolutions. I can only create one CR, and it disappears if I don't use it for a while. Anyone else seeing this behavior?
Got it last night (fast ring). Still having problems with Nvidia custom resolutions. I can only create one CR, and it disappears if I don't use it for a while. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Posted 09/27/2017 07:41 AM   
The colors are all messed up with f.lux and night mode, with these newer drivers and the one before (387.68) why are these beta drivers getting forced on us when they are broke?
The colors are all messed up with f.lux and night mode, with these newer drivers and the one before (387.68) why are these beta drivers getting forced on us when they are broke?

Posted 09/27/2017 10:07 AM   
[quote="steven.parker"]The colors are all messed up with f.lux and night mode, with these newer drivers and the one before (387.68) why are these beta drivers getting forced on us when they are broke?[/quote] why are you testing an alpha version of an operating system and complaining about beta grade drivers? seriously. Feedback hub steps, details and don't whine about bugs being present in a program you chose to take part in.
steven.parker said:The colors are all messed up with f.lux and night mode, with these newer drivers and the one before (387.68) why are these beta drivers getting forced on us when they are broke?

why are you testing an alpha version of an operating system and complaining about beta grade drivers?

seriously. Feedback hub steps, details and don't whine about bugs being present in a program you chose to take part in.

Specs:

WIP:

Posted 09/27/2017 11:42 AM   
It seems the color issue is gone for me in this driver.. if there is any problems i come across with the driver, i will go back and use one of the drivers provided from this site, that's all there is to it. still strange the date on the driver is 5/3/17 though
It seems the color issue is gone for me in this driver.. if there is any problems i come across with the driver, i will go back and use one of the drivers provided from this site, that's all there is to it. still strange the date on the driver is 5/3/17 though

Posted 09/27/2017 04:49 PM   
[quote="Sora"]Running better than the last one?[/quote] Not for me, Same ol' performance result, I notice no improvement, not in my case, probably is more an issues fix of workarounds than precision technical tweaks, but I am still having the same issue with custom size desktop resolutions as with the 387.68.
Sora said:Running better than the last one?

Not for me, Same ol' performance result, I notice no improvement, not in my case, probably is more an issues fix of workarounds than precision technical tweaks, but I am still having the same issue with custom size desktop resolutions as with the 387.68.

all apart from the rest is just mental...

Posted 09/27/2017 05:08 PM   
[quote="Sora"]why are you testing an alpha version of an operating system and complaining about beta grade drivers?[/quote] I am on insider build because it performed far better than the stable release until the very latest insider build..
Sora said:why are you testing an alpha version of an operating system and complaining about beta grade drivers?

I am on insider build because it performed far better than the stable release until the very latest insider build..

Posted 09/27/2017 06:59 PM   
I have a problem with this driver. It is installed automatically from the store without problems, but once the PC is restarted, the screen starts blinking black and I am forced to reinstall the previous version 385.69 and disable the insider updates
I have a problem with this driver. It is installed automatically from the store without problems, but once the PC is restarted, the screen starts blinking black and I am forced to reinstall the previous version 385.69 and disable the insider updates

Posted 09/27/2017 07:01 PM   
Yep, same happened here, Vash88. The issues worsened for me compared to 387.68. 387.68: - Microstuttering in many games and applications - Primary screen flickers on switch between the windows lockscreen and the desktop, as well as when starting MPC-HC video playback, and additional flickering while alt-tabbing in/out of fullscreen applications 387.78: - Installed while gaming, crashed the game (probably Microsoft's fault) - Constant flickering on the primary screen (like two black screens shortly after eachother), every few seconds Main screen is 1440p165hz, if that's any help at all.
Yep, same happened here, Vash88. The issues worsened for me compared to 387.68.

387.68:
- Microstuttering in many games and applications
- Primary screen flickers on switch between the windows lockscreen and the desktop, as well as when starting MPC-HC video playback, and additional flickering while alt-tabbing in/out of fullscreen applications

387.78:
- Installed while gaming, crashed the game (probably Microsoft's fault)
- Constant flickering on the primary screen (like two black screens shortly after eachother), every few seconds

Main screen is 1440p165hz, if that's any help at all.

Posted 09/27/2017 09:15 PM   
[quote="SeriTools"]Yep, same happened here, Vash88. The issues worsened for me compared to 387.68. 387.68: - Microstuttering in many games and applications - Primary screen flickers on switch between the windows lockscreen and the desktop, as well as when starting MPC-HC video playback, and additional flickering while alt-tabbing in/out of fullscreen applications 387.78: - Installed while gaming, crashed the game (probably Microsoft's fault) - Constant flickering on the primary screen (like two black screens shortly after eachother), every few seconds Main screen is 1440p165hz, if that's any help at all.[/quote] 1) Connected by HDMI to HDMI? 2) Does behaviors differ if your refresh rate is set to 60Hz?
SeriTools said:Yep, same happened here, Vash88. The issues worsened for me compared to 387.68.

387.68:
- Microstuttering in many games and applications
- Primary screen flickers on switch between the windows lockscreen and the desktop, as well as when starting MPC-HC video playback, and additional flickering while alt-tabbing in/out of fullscreen applications

387.78:
- Installed while gaming, crashed the game (probably Microsoft's fault)
- Constant flickering on the primary screen (like two black screens shortly after eachother), every few seconds

Main screen is 1440p165hz, if that's any help at all.

1) Connected by HDMI to HDMI?
2) Does behaviors differ if your refresh rate is set to 60Hz?

Posted 09/27/2017 10:01 PM   
[u]FIXED: COLORS ISSUE in CoD BO3[/u] [u]EDIT:[/u] A new step 1 was added. I was able to fix the colors issue in Black Ops 3 a 2nd time now, although I'm not completely sure exactly which sequence of tweaks fixed it. I believe that what worked was this: 1) Go into the Compatibility tab of the game's exe, and set to Disable Fullscreen Optimizations and apply. 2) At Windows Desktop I go into NVidia Control Panel Change Resolution menu and set to 59Hz and NVidia RGB colors, and apply. 3) I go into Black Ops 3 multiplayer, and go to Graphics Options, and set to Fullscreen and RGB colors (which is sRGB), and apply. I notice colors aren't correct. Then I exit the game. 4) Back at Windows Desktop I go back into NVidia Control Panel Change Resolution menu and set to NVidia YCbCr422 colors and apply. 5) I go back into Black Ops 3 multiplayer, and go into Graphics Options, I see colors are correct now, and I change in-game colors setting to HDTV (which is rec.709) and apply. Colors stay good. Then I exit the game. 6) Back at Windows Desktop I go back into NVidia Control Panel Change Resolution menu, and change to 60Hz and NVidia RGB colors and apply. 7) I go back into game and colors are still good. 8) At this point I've got things back to where I always used to have them, with RGB colors for Windows, and HDTV colors (rec.709) set in the game. In-game colors are staying good. [u]CORRECTION:[/u] This procedure may need after each boot up if I want to have correct colors while playing Fullscreen in Black Ops 3.
FIXED: COLORS ISSUE in CoD BO3

EDIT: A new step 1 was added.

I was able to fix the colors issue in Black Ops 3 a 2nd time now, although I'm not completely sure exactly which sequence of tweaks fixed it. I believe that what worked was this:

1) Go into the Compatibility tab of the game's exe, and set to Disable Fullscreen Optimizations and apply.

2) At Windows Desktop I go into NVidia Control Panel Change Resolution menu and set to 59Hz and NVidia RGB colors, and apply.
3) I go into Black Ops 3 multiplayer, and go to Graphics Options, and set to Fullscreen and RGB colors (which is sRGB), and apply. I notice colors aren't correct. Then I exit the game.

4) Back at Windows Desktop I go back into NVidia Control Panel Change Resolution menu and set to NVidia YCbCr422 colors and apply.
5) I go back into Black Ops 3 multiplayer, and go into Graphics Options, I see colors are correct now, and I change in-game colors setting to HDTV (which is rec.709) and apply. Colors stay good. Then I exit the game.

6) Back at Windows Desktop I go back into NVidia Control Panel Change Resolution menu, and change to 60Hz and NVidia RGB colors and apply.
7) I go back into game and colors are still good.

8) At this point I've got things back to where I always used to have them, with RGB colors for Windows, and HDTV colors (rec.709) set in the game. In-game colors are staying good.

CORRECTION: This procedure may need after each boot up if I want to have correct colors while playing Fullscreen in Black Ops 3.

Posted 09/27/2017 11:25 PM   
  1 / 6    
Scroll To Top