Hide signatures
Is it possible to hide those annoying signatures from user posts, that are really useless repeated 10 times to one page and just making threads unreadable? Sorry, if it's already answered, please point me in the right direction.
Is it possible to hide those annoying signatures from user posts, that are really useless repeated 10 times to one page and just making threads unreadable?
Sorry, if it's already answered, please point me in the right direction.

Posted 09/26/2017 04:33 PM   
"Useless" is relative.
"Useless" is relative.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 09/27/2017 05:23 AM   
Yea, very useful answer, excellent example. [img]https://i.imgur.com/zvA3LlX.jpg[/img]
Yea, very useful answer, excellent example.

Posted 09/29/2017 03:01 PM   
Except system specs are required in posts, and the 'useless' threads are all fixes to common problems.
Except system specs are required in posts, and the 'useless' threads are all fixes to common problems.

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP

Posted 09/30/2017 04:23 AM   
I suppose the QUOTE button is "useless" as well since you'd rather waste bandwidth on pictures of your thread...
I suppose the QUOTE button is "useless" as well since you'd rather waste bandwidth on pictures of your thread...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 970 3-Way SLI | 12 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\) | 2x 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData) | 2x 240 GB Intel Dale Crest SSDs in SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games and Benchmarks\) | 60 GB G2 SSD (Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BE14NU20 USB ODD | LG 25UM56 21:9 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Razer Tiamat 7.1 Analog Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 09/30/2017 08:43 AM   
The picture made just to override possible browser formatting at your side, so trolling is inappropriate in this case, jaafaman. And the signature show/hide function is common function on a lot of forums over years. Sora, if I need to know answers to common questions I always use google before ask, I don't think it's a good idea to post it every time, that's why ask the feature to disable it. Who needs that just will not disable it.
The picture made just to override possible browser formatting at your side, so trolling is inappropriate in this case, jaafaman.
And the signature show/hide function is common function on a lot of forums over years.

Sora, if I need to know answers to common questions I always use google before ask, I don't think it's a good idea to post it every time, that's why ask the feature to disable it. Who needs that just will not disable it.

Posted 10/04/2017 03:54 AM   
how about compromise and spoiler blocks in the signature?
how about compromise and spoiler blocks in the signature?

Specs:

WIP:

Posted 10/04/2017 04:30 AM   
It's a good idea, but I don't think you can force users to use spoilers.
It's a good idea, but I don't think you can force users to use spoilers.

Posted 10/04/2017 02:11 PM   
It's a valid question, not a troll. Even in this day and age there are folks with download speed and data caps. With a few THOUSAND posts under his belt I'm pretty sure most folks are familiar with Sora's sig and don't need a screenshot of what is, to that point, the entirety of the thread just to show that block. Consideration would be to trim that photo to the relevant portion or simply post a text response since the post you're responding to has a copy of that Sig by the default action of which you complain. Try spinning that one in your favor...
It's a valid question, not a troll.

Even in this day and age there are folks with download speed and data caps.

With a few THOUSAND posts under his belt I'm pretty sure most folks are familiar with Sora's sig and don't need a screenshot of what is, to that point, the entirety of the thread just to show that block.

Consideration would be to trim that photo to the relevant portion or simply post a text response since the post you're responding to has a copy of that Sig by the default action of which you complain.

Try spinning that one in your favor...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 970 3-Way SLI | 12 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\) | 2x 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData) | 2x 240 GB Intel Dale Crest SSDs in SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games and Benchmarks\) | 60 GB G2 SSD (Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BE14NU20 USB ODD | LG 25UM56 21:9 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Razer Tiamat 7.1 Analog Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 10/05/2017 01:42 AM   
[quote="jaafaman"]It's a valid question, not a troll. [/quote] No, I do not agree about your quotes question. As you can see I can edit quotes and just not use it, so I have choice and concerning some other users signatures, it's not just Sora, don't take it personally, [b]I have no choice[/b] and that is why I have started this topic. As for the screenshot, I've already explained why I did that and your comment about traffic looks a little odd for the pic sized 47KB and already trimmed, but really, I am sorry, I've not possibility to use spoiler for it. If some signatures are up to 2KB in size, and we have it on every page than it can be from 25% upto 60% of overall text on one forums page, that really can play role for those folks with limited traffic.
jaafaman said:It's a valid question, not a troll.

No, I do not agree about your quotes question. As you can see I can edit quotes and just not use it, so I have choice and concerning some other users signatures, it's not just Sora, don't take it personally, I have no choice and that is why I have started this topic.
As for the screenshot, I've already explained why I did that and your comment about traffic looks a little odd for the pic sized 47KB and already trimmed, but really, I am sorry, I've not possibility to use spoiler for it.
If some signatures are up to 2KB in size, and we have it on every page than it can be from 25% upto 60% of overall text on one forums page, that really can play role for those folks with limited traffic.

Posted 10/08/2017 05:28 AM   
I'll agree with the fact that too many choices have been made for the user within the Forum structure - easily. But squabbling over where and how to trim a quote - either of us - Is a matter of futility anyway. Especially within a Forum where folks are most prone to quoting successive pages of a conversation to add but one or two lines to the next fully-quoted copy of the entire conversation. So I'm thinking the PgUp and PgDn buttons will be the next thing to go because they cause too many function calls and use a percentage level of resources deemed excessive. FYI - the information now requested to be in signatures used to be a separate section of the user Profile and required additional steps to view, only to discover it hadn't been filled out. The idea at the time was to make the information available in such a way as to highlight folks not providing sufficient information in their problem descriptions. It's an alternative to the telemetric sniffing that the cautious often reject as a path to data mining... Forums > Support > GeForce Drivers > [url="https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/508795/geforce-drivers/special-request-for-nvidia-forums-members/"]Special Request for NVIDIA Forums Members[/url]
I'll agree with the fact that too many choices have been made for the user within the Forum structure - easily.

But squabbling over where and how to trim a quote - either of us - Is a matter of futility anyway. Especially within a Forum where folks are most prone to quoting successive pages of a conversation to add but one or two lines to the next fully-quoted copy of the entire conversation.

So I'm thinking the PgUp and PgDn buttons will be the next thing to go because they cause too many function calls and use a percentage level of resources deemed excessive.

FYI - the information now requested to be in signatures used to be a separate section of the user Profile and required additional steps to view, only to discover it hadn't been filled out. The idea at the time was to make the information available in such a way as to highlight folks not providing sufficient information in their problem descriptions.

It's an alternative to the telemetric sniffing that the cautious often reject as a path to data mining...

Forums > Support > GeForce Drivers > Special Request for NVIDIA Forums Members

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 10/08/2017 08:38 AM   
Scroll To Top