GeForce Forums Changing to NVIDIA Accounts
  1 / 6    
The forums are transitioning to NVIDIA Accounts (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/account/) to provide a single log in across NVIDIA products such as GeForce Experience, SHIELD, and others. Currently the forums use a separate account to log in. [b][u]To link your old forum account:[/b][/u] 1. Click "Log In" on the top-right corner of the forums. 2. Select the "LOG IN/CREATE NVIDIA ACCOUNT" button to log in to an existing NVIDIA Account or create a new NVIDIA Account. 3. After logging in to an NVIDIA Account, you will be asked to provide the log in information for your old forum account to link it. [b][u]FAQ:[/b][/u] [b]Q: Why is this necessary?[/b] It’s a pain for users to create multiple accounts for different NVIDIA products. If you already have an account, you expect it to work everywhere. The forums have been running on a legacy account system and now it’s time to migrate to NVIDIA’s common account. [b]Q: What happens to my current forum account?[/b] You can link your old forum account to a new or existing NVIDIA account. By doing this, all your posting history will be updated to your NVIDIA account. The forums help you do this when you log in. [b]Q: If I link to an NVIDIA account that’s a different name than my old forum account, what will my old posts shows as?[/b] In this case, all your old posts will be updated to show your NVIDIA account name. The content of the old posts won’t change though. That means any posts where users referenced you by your account name will still have your old account name in the post. [b]Q: What if I don’t like my NVIDIA account name?[/b] If a different name is available, then we’ll gladly update it. Please contact the NVIDIA Customer Care team by visiting http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/home to request a name change through live chat or by submitting a question. [b]Q: What happens if my old forum name is taken by someone else’s NVIDIA account?[/b] We have attempted to make many names available when you create a new NVIDIA account or request a name change through the NVIDIA Customer Care team. If your name was taken before, it may be available now. We’re sorry that we’re not able to accommodate everyone because both databases are extremely large. [b]Q: What happens if I choose not to link my account?[/b] You can start fresh with a new NVIDIA account, but you will lose the association with all your old forum posts (if you have any). [b]Q: I wanted to link my old forum account to an NVIDIA account, but I accidently clicked not to link. What should I do?[/b] Please contact the NVIDIA Customer Care team through live chat or by submitting a question: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/home [b]Q: The NVIDIA Account site isn't working on Internet Explorer for Windows 10.[/b] This is a known issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try using Edge or Chrome. [b]Q: I linked my old forum account to the wrong NVIDIA account. What should I do?[/b] Please contact the NVIDIA Customer Care team through live chat or by submitting a question: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/home [b]Q: Help! I have a different question[/b]. Please post in this thread. We will also do our best to update this FAQ.
The forums are transitioning to NVIDIA Accounts (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/account/) to provide a single log in across NVIDIA products such as GeForce Experience, SHIELD, and others. Currently the forums use a separate account to log in.

To link your old forum account:
1. Click "Log In" on the top-right corner of the forums.
2. Select the "LOG IN/CREATE NVIDIA ACCOUNT" button to log in to an existing NVIDIA Account or create a new NVIDIA Account.
3. After logging in to an NVIDIA Account, you will be asked to provide the log in information for your old forum account to link it.

FAQ:

Q: Why is this necessary?
It’s a pain for users to create multiple accounts for different NVIDIA products. If you already have an account, you expect it to work everywhere. The forums have been running on a legacy account system and now it’s time to migrate to NVIDIA’s common account.

Q: What happens to my current forum account?
You can link your old forum account to a new or existing NVIDIA account. By doing this, all your posting history will be updated to your NVIDIA account. The forums help you do this when you log in.

Q: If I link to an NVIDIA account that’s a different name than my old forum account, what will my old posts shows as?
In this case, all your old posts will be updated to show your NVIDIA account name. The content of the old posts won’t change though. That means any posts where users referenced you by your account name will still have your old account name in the post.

Q: What if I don’t like my NVIDIA account name?
If a different name is available, then we’ll gladly update it. Please contact the NVIDIA Customer Care team by visiting http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/home to request a name change through live chat or by submitting a question.

Q: What happens if my old forum name is taken by someone else’s NVIDIA account?
We have attempted to make many names available when you create a new NVIDIA account or request a name change through the NVIDIA Customer Care team. If your name was taken before, it may be available now. We’re sorry that we’re not able to accommodate everyone because both databases are extremely large.

Q: What happens if I choose not to link my account?
You can start fresh with a new NVIDIA account, but you will lose the association with all your old forum posts (if you have any).

Q: I wanted to link my old forum account to an NVIDIA account, but I accidently clicked not to link. What should I do?
Please contact the NVIDIA Customer Care team through live chat or by submitting a question:
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/home

Q: The NVIDIA Account site isn't working on Internet Explorer for Windows 10.
This is a known issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try using Edge or Chrome.

Q: I linked my old forum account to the wrong NVIDIA account. What should I do?
Please contact the NVIDIA Customer Care team through live chat or by submitting a question:
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/home

Q: Help! I have a different question.
Please post in this thread. We will also do our best to update this FAQ.

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 08/08/2017 04:37 PM   
How do I link my account? Might be a dumb question but I can't see the option
How do I link my account? Might be a dumb question but I can't see the option

NVIDIA Shield TV | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 | OSNN owner and administrator

Posted 08/08/2017 09:51 PM   
All sorted, had to logout! I lost my space tho! :p
All sorted, had to logout! I lost my space tho! :p

NVIDIA Shield TV | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 | OSNN owner and administrator

Posted 08/08/2017 09:56 PM   
The nVidia account creation process does not have an option to select my correct location, or indeed any options for any Oceanic/Asian/African countries at all. This seems like a rather major oversight if you want the entire forum user population to migrate over.
The nVidia account creation process does not have an option to select my correct location, or indeed any options for any Oceanic/Asian/African countries at all. This seems like a rather major oversight if you want the entire forum user population to migrate over.

CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x8GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR4-2800 CAS-16 GPU: 2x Titan X (Pascal) PSU: Corsair AX-1200 Monitors: 3x Asus PG279Q (Surround) OS: Win10 Pro x64 (AU)

Posted 08/09/2017 02:49 AM   
The site will NOT let me log into my established nVidia account. It demands a minimum nine character password. It has always only had eight... EDIT n/m Reset password thru email. But it still isn't a "kosher" move...
The site will NOT let me log into my established nVidia account. It demands a minimum nine character password.

It has always only had eight...

EDIT
n/m
Reset password thru email.

But it still isn't a "kosher" move...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 970 3-Way SLI | 12 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\) | 2x 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData) | 2x 240 GB Intel Dale Crest SSDs in SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games and Benchmarks\) | 60 GB G2 SSD (Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BE14NU20 USB ODD | LG 25UM56 21:9 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Razer Tiamat 7.1 Analog Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 08/10/2017 09:10 PM   
Logged out then logged in through gmail (which already had my username saved thru GFE), I'm ok to go. Unlock those forum updates now! lol Btw, I'm guessing the login redirect to nvidia.com is temp., right? Just seems to take up more time imo.
Logged out then logged in through gmail (which already had my username saved thru GFE), I'm ok to go.

Unlock those forum updates now! lol

Btw, I'm guessing the login redirect to nvidia.com is temp., right? Just seems to take up more time imo.

If you have Driver, GeForce Experience or Shadowplay "Share(BETA)" problems click here> DDU Click here> MY GeForce Experience "SHARE" GUIDE to find your recording and streaming settings. -MY PC 'HARDWARE' (software) INFORMATION-> || EVGA PRECISION XOC x64 v6.2.2.0 || Eset Nod32 Antivirus 10.1.235.0 || HWiNFO64 v5.59-3265 || running nvidia driver 388.59 || geforce experience version 3.11.0.73 beta ||NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 Wireless Glasses Kit Model 942-11431-0007-001 || OS: WINDOWS 10 Home 64 bit version 1709 (OS build-16299.98)|| Logitech Gaming Software v8.96.88 (mouse, keyboard and headset) || MainBoard: MSI Z77A-G45 Thunderbolt Intel ATX UEFI AND LEGACY BIOS {BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V10.6, 9/29/2013} (Memory Fast Boot off) (Limited Windows 8 Feature enabled Bios) w/ Realtec HD Audio onboard v6.0.1.8036 || CPU: INTEL(R) CORE(TM) i7 3770k Ivy Bridge @ 3.5 ghz - oc genie @ 4.2ghz COOLERMASTER V6 GT Heatsink cooling solution || Ram: 32 GB Patriot Intel memory @ 1600 Ghz x.m.p. profile || 2x EVGA© backplates 100-BP-0972-B9 on my 2x GPU-video cards: EVGA© GeForce GTX 970 04G-P4-2978-KR 4GB FTW GAMING ACX 2.0 Silent Cooling Graphics Card (sli enabled)EVGA Pro SLI Bridge V2 (2-Way Long) Model 100-2W-0023-LR || FIRESRIKE score=16249/Time Spy=6734 || PSU: PC Power&Cooling 950w silencer mkII 80+silver || Drive 1: ADATA SX900 223 Gb SSD BOOT RECORD (SATA3) || Drive 2: CORSAIR FORCE GS 238 Gb SSD BACKUP SYS IMG || Drive 3: SAMSUNG 840 PRO 238 Gb SSD GAME EXE. FILES || Drive 4: SEAGATE ST2000M001-1CH164 2 Tb HDD SHADOWPLAY SAVE FILES || Drive 5: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 1 Tb SSD for Shadowplay Temp files, future games and software || blue yeti mic || logitech g502 mouse, Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, G933 headset and C615 HD Webcam || Case: COOLERMASTER HAF 932(FULL TOWER)3.0usb || Dual Monitors: Main (gaming only) ASUS VG248QE 24" 1ms 144Hz 1920x1080p on a DVI-I port DUAL LINK + Second monitor (w/all media web and apps) ASUS VH232H 23" 5ms Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD Monitor 1920x1080 resolution @ 60Hz connected via DVI-D single port || Sage's Twitch and YouTube Channel (still working 2x: EVGA® gtx 660 SC 2Gb with sli bridge ready for a new home :D)Free Firestrike/Time Spy Demo and Benchmark Download ImageImage

Posted 08/11/2017 08:23 AM   
[quote="ElectronicPunk"]How do I link my account? Might be a dumb question but I can't see the option[/quote] +1 The email I received said you just have to log in your account - but it did not say what login. This thread also does not have enough information. We should have some sort of feedback from the site to let us know something happened.... you know, like your account was somehow magically linked behind the scenes... edit: I figured it out, but the whole above thread sucks IMO. You need to login with your nvidia account, and then it presents you with an option to link a forum account.
ElectronicPunk said:How do I link my account? Might be a dumb question but I can't see the option

+1

The email I received said you just have to log in your account - but it did not say what login. This thread also does not have enough information. We should have some sort of feedback from the site to let us know something happened.... you know, like your account was somehow magically linked behind the scenes...

edit: I figured it out, but the whole above thread sucks IMO. You need to login with your nvidia account, and then it presents you with an option to link a forum account.

Posted 08/14/2017 09:20 PM   
How to Link Accounts: 1) Login with new NVIDIA Account (green button on top) 2) Associate forums account with NVIDIA Account (requires forum username and password) The instructions on the email and FAQ are terrible.
How to Link Accounts:

1) Login with new NVIDIA Account (green button on top)
2) Associate forums account with NVIDIA Account (requires forum username and password)

The instructions on the email and FAQ are terrible.

Posted 08/14/2017 09:44 PM   
I've logged into both. What now?? I can see people being left stranded.
I've logged into both. What now??
I can see people being left stranded.

Posted 08/14/2017 09:51 PM   
Hi :) I have logged into my Nvidia account by going here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/account/IDM-Login/ I have logged into the forum by going here: https://forums.geforce.com/ There are no options to link any accounts. Please can someone help? Many thanks.
Hi :)

I have logged into my Nvidia account by going here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/account/IDM-Login/

I have logged into the forum by going here: https://forums.geforce.com/

There are no options to link any accounts.

Please can someone help?

Many thanks.

Posted 08/14/2017 10:02 PM   
Hi Mr, my name not accept Diaeresis in Display name, this is ä and ö Now linked my account from G+ and canot see letters, Skylr Astart. You can change ä for a and ö for o Display name: Skylar Astarot Thank you.
Hi Mr, my name not accept Diaeresis in Display name, this is ä and ö

Now linked my account from G+ and canot see letters, Skylr Astart.
You can change ä for a and ö for o

Display name: Skylar Astarot

Thank you.

Channel Youtube - https://goo.gl/gS5cjT

Posted 08/14/2017 10:04 PM   
[quote="DrMonocles"]How to Link Accounts: 1) Login with new NVIDIA Account (green button on top) 2) Associate forums account with NVIDIA Account (requires forum username and password) The instructions on the email and FAQ are terrible.[/quote] Thank you for your feedback. The FAQ above has been edited to improve the instructions.
DrMonocles said:How to Link Accounts:

1) Login with new NVIDIA Account (green button on top)
2) Associate forums account with NVIDIA Account (requires forum username and password)

The instructions on the email and FAQ are terrible.

Thank you for your feedback. The FAQ above has been edited to improve the instructions.

Posted 08/14/2017 10:20 PM   
[quote="everway9"]Hi :) I have logged into my Nvidia account by going here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/account/IDM-Login/ I have logged into the forum by going here: https://forums.geforce.com/ There are no options to link any accounts. Please can someone help? Many thanks.[/quote] Log out of the forums. Then in the top-right corner select "Log in" and use your NVIDIA Account. Then you will be prompted for your old forum account to link it.
everway9 said:Hi :)

I have logged into my Nvidia account by going here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/account/IDM-Login/

I have logged into the forum by going here: https://forums.geforce.com/

There are no options to link any accounts.

Please can someone help?

Many thanks.

Log out of the forums. Then in the top-right corner select "Log in" and use your NVIDIA Account. Then you will be prompted for your old forum account to link it.

Posted 08/14/2017 10:21 PM   
[quote="Skylr Astart"]Hi Mr, my name not accept Diaeresis in Display name, this is ä and ö Now linked my account from G+ and canot see letters, Skylr Astart. You can change ä for a and ö for o Display name: Skylar Astarot Thank you.[/quote] Display name has been updated, be sure to log out and back in for it to reflect.
Skylr Astart said:Hi Mr, my name not accept Diaeresis in Display name, this is ä and ö

Now linked my account from G+ and canot see letters, Skylr Astart.
You can change ä for a and ö for o

Display name: Skylar Astarot

Thank you.

Display name has been updated, be sure to log out and back in for it to reflect.

Home::MSI Z170I::Intel 6700k::16GB Corsair DDR4 3200mhz::Samsung 256gb M.2(OS)::Titan Xp:Asus ROG Swift PG278Q: Custom waterloop
Test rig::i9 7900::Asus Rampage VI::512gb M.2::32gb Gskills 3200mbz:Titan Xp::Custom loop
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Promo Code FAQ

Posted 08/14/2017 10:41 PM   
Trying to create a new Nvidia account. Get "Credentials Expired" all the time. What should I do?
Trying to create a new Nvidia account. Get "Credentials Expired" all the time. What should I do?

Posted 08/14/2017 11:03 PM   
  1 / 6    
Scroll To Top