Windows update (5/9/2017) broke my dual monitor display.
Windows update KB4019472, KB890830, and KB4020821. Before this update, both monitors worked fine. Windows patched itself when I shutdown, when I turned it on only 1 monitor works. Setup: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980Ti Driver (latest) 22.21.13.8205 Monitors: x2 Asus VG248 - one set up with a Display Port to fully use 144Mhz for gaming, the other with HDMI. Problem: Only the HDMI Monitor is being recognized and used. The Display Port Monitor is "seen" under the Display settings and is even "detected" (it powers up when I try to Detect it) however nothing happens and I can't interact with it in any way. Solutions tried: Reinstalled latest Nvidia drivers. No change. Searched forums for similar problems / solutions. Lot of folks having issues but no real solutions yet. *Switch cables from both monitors, HDMI worked on other monitor, Display Port did not resulting in same problem. Final thoughts: I do not use GeForce Experience nor do I have it installed. I do a clean driver install each time I update drivers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tod
Windows update KB4019472, KB890830, and KB4020821.

Before this update, both monitors worked fine. Windows patched itself when I shutdown, when I turned it on only 1 monitor works.

Setup:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 980Ti
Driver (latest) 22.21.13.8205
Monitors: x2 Asus VG248 - one set up with a Display Port to fully use 144Mhz for gaming, the other with HDMI.

Problem:

Only the HDMI Monitor is being recognized and used. The Display Port Monitor is "seen" under the Display settings and is even "detected" (it powers up when I try to Detect it) however nothing happens and I can't interact with it in any way.

Solutions tried:

Reinstalled latest Nvidia drivers. No change.
Searched forums for similar problems / solutions. Lot of folks having issues but no real solutions yet.
*Switch cables from both monitors, HDMI worked on other monitor, Display Port did not resulting in same problem.

Final thoughts:

I do not use GeForce Experience nor do I have it installed.
I do a clean driver install each time I update drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tod

Posted 05/10/2017 12:27 PM   
I only own one Display Port cable at the moment, I should have mentioned that I also switched the HDMI cable to the other monitor and it worked. However moving the Display Cable to the other monitor (basically switching cables) resulted in the same problem.
I only own one Display Port cable at the moment, I should have mentioned that I also switched the HDMI cable to the other monitor and it worked. However moving the Display Cable to the other monitor (basically switching cables) resulted in the same problem.

Posted 05/10/2017 12:56 PM   
If you rolled back previous drivers & found out no issue, then must be a driver, but if still facing the same problem like you mentioned, mean something is wrong. Try to update the latest windows updates & your monitor driver.
If you rolled back previous drivers & found out no issue, then must be a driver, but if still facing the same problem like you mentioned, mean something is wrong.

Try to update the latest windows updates & your monitor driver.
I have experienced this exact issue, and checking / rolling back the Display Adapter didn't make any difference. The only thing that worked, was uninstalling Windows Update KB4019472. I'd really love to know how to work around it otherwise - my searching of this issue hasn't really resulted in any answers. The next auto-update will surely present me with the issue again.
I have experienced this exact issue, and checking / rolling back the Display Adapter didn't make any difference. The only thing that worked, was uninstalling Windows Update KB4019472.

I'd really love to know how to work around it otherwise - my searching of this issue hasn't really resulted in any answers. The next auto-update will surely present me with the issue again.

Posted 05/30/2017 04:27 PM   
i have the same problem windows update bam no display port. Reinstalling drivers doesant help no amount of tweaking seems to help its sending the wake up message to the monitor so its turning on but no actual display data
i have the same problem windows update bam no display port. Reinstalling drivers doesant help no amount of tweaking seems to help its sending the wake up message to the monitor so its turning on but no actual display data

Posted 12/07/2017 06:08 PM   
Scroll To Top