NieR:Automata - 3D Vision Fix
  1 / 9    
This is a follow-up of this thread: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/999760/3d-vision/nier-automata/ [LAST UPDATE: 29/07/2017] [img]http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/boxshots/nier-automata-pc.jpg[/img] =========================================================================== [color="green"]NieR: Automata[/color] =========================================================================== - Played the whole game and it looks SPECTACULAR! (Like before I recommend 3D Vision Surround, but it looks just as good on a Single Monitor:) ) - I DIDN'T MAKE THE ORIGINAL FIX! I just picked it up and finished the rest!!! [color="orange"]If you are not sure this game is for you please see this Review[/color] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NiyfG8Ctbo (No story spoilers! Consider it more of a "technical" review!) [color="green"] =========================================================================== Fixed: =========================================================================== - UI - Shadows - Lights & Compute Lights - Compute Shading - Various broken Decals and elements - God Rays, etc [/color] Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKI1Jh43Ju8 ================ Authors: ================ - [color="green"]ishiki[/color] - Made the initial fix for the game - [color="green"]SGSRules[/color] - Shadows fix - [color="green"]4everAwake[/color] - Fixed the yellow circle around the character - [color="green"]4everAwake[/color] - Mostly fixed the main title screen - [color="green"]4everAwake[/color] - Disabled the distortion effect from the small pop-up screen - [color="green"]Helifax[/color] - Fixed the rest of the Main Menu - [color="green"]Helifax[/color] - Fixed blood/oil decals and their variations - [color="green"]Helifax[/color] - Compute Shaders related to lights at different angles (those were a pain to find and export!) - [color="green"]Helifax[/color] - Compute Shaders related to light tiles and clipping (visible in Amusement Park for example and other "far" locations (those were a pain to find and export!)). - [color="green"]Helifax[/color] - God Rays - [color="green"]Helifax[/color] - Different Convergences and Modes on F1, F2, M, TAB keys - [color="green"]Helifax[/color] - Nvidia Profile with SLI support and Compatibility Support - [color="green"]Helifax[/color] - Packed this fix up and adder FAR support (version 0.5.6.14). Later version MIGHT work but not guaranteed! Please see FAR description here: [url=https://steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/135512104777399045/]FAR (Fix Automata Resolution)[/url] for key shortcuts and .ini settings! - Big thanks to [color="green"]Bo3b, DarkStarSword and Flugan[/color] for creating 3DMigoto and this awesome wrapper that allows us to fix our favourite DX11 games in 3D Vision! - [color="green"]NVIDIA[/color] for Creating 3D Vision as a tech! - [color="green"]Everyone else[/color] who contributed to this fix in any shape or form! ================ Installation: ================ - [color="orange"] Make sure you have "Maximum pre-rendered frames" set to 1 in the GLOBAL Settings![/color] [url=http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=qveojore.ftf.png][img]http://iforce.co.nz/i/qveojore.ftf.png[/img][/url] (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR ANY GAME IN 3D VISION MODE!!!) - Download the archive from here: [url=http://3dsurroundgaming.com/3DVision/NieRAutomata_v.1.0.rar]NieR:Automata - 3D Vision Fix v.1.0[/url] - Download the archive from here: [url=http://3dsurroundgaming.com/3DVision/NieRAutomata_v.1.7.rar]NieR:Automata - 3D Vision Fix v.1.7[/url] (Obviously uninstall any previous variant of the fix if any is present!) [color="green"] New Version by llyzs - v.1.7[/color] 1. Updated FAR to 0.6.2.2 2. Updated 3Dmigoto to 1.2.63 3. Use automatic convergence for cutscene and menu, removed keys: F3, F11 and M. 4. Added controller right-thumb button to change convergence, please customize in [Key_Controller_Mode] 5. Fix scissor clipping in some menu elements 6. Bloom and enemy data HUD shares the exact same rendering states so make it appear only when near the screen. This can be customized in z2 (default 1.005) 7. Integrated upscale feature into ini 8. Default Global Illumination in FAR set to High due to occasional screen artifacts using Mid. Use new MinLightVolumeExtent settings to get additional FPS instead. - Unzip everything and put it next to the game exe: Ex: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\NieRAutomata" [color="orange"]- Make sure you set BOTH THE GAME AND WINDOWS RESOLUTIONS TO MATCH !!![/color] (The game likes to duplicate YOUR WINDOWS Resolution, no matter what you specify in the game's settings!) - In the ini file you can customise the HUD separation from here: [code] [Constants] ;hud & ui depth x = 0.3 [/code] - LEAVE ALL THE OTHER DEFAULT CONSTANTS AS THEY ARE!!! - Play the game. ============= KNOWN ISSUES: ============= - Currently, nothing to report:) ====================== Recommended SETTINGS: ====================== - Hard to say! - The FPS impact between LOW and HIGH Settings (AA on OFF) is minimal. - Biggest FPS impact comes from the resolution! - 3D Surround (2x980Ti SLI) at 5760x1080 framerate is from 40-60 FPS. [color="green"] MOUSE cursor[/color] is hidden by default in FAR. Recommend playing with a Controller. You can use reWASD or any other tool to map the keyboard shortcuts (see below) to the controller. You can enable the mouse cursor back from FAR (default UI shortcuts [color="green"]CTRL+SHIFT+BACKSPACE[/color]). - To disable FAR overlay press [color="green"]"CTRL+SHIFT+O" keys[/color]! ======================== Keyboard shortcut Keys: ======================== [code] [Key_Convergence_3rd_person] Key = F1 convergence = 1.2, 2.5 z = 0.0 ;DON'T MODIFY transition = 250 ;DON'T MODIFY transition_type = linear ;DON'T MODIFY type = cycle ;DON'T MODIFY [Key_Convergence_Top_View] Key = F2 convergence = 5.0, 17.0 z = 0.0 ;DON'T MODIFY transition = 250 ;DON'T MODIFY transition_type = linear ;DON'T MODIFY type = cycle ;DON'T MODIFY [KeyHUD] Key = VK_TAB w = 1.0, 2.0 ;DON'T MODIFY type = cycle ;DON'T MODIFY [KeyDisableHUD] ; comma Key = , w = 0.0 ;DON'T MODIFY type = toggle ;DON'T MODIFY [Key_Menu_Mode] Key = F11 z = 1.0 ;DON'T MODIFY w = 1.0 ;DON'T MODIFY convergence = 1.2 ;DON'T MODIFY [Key_MAP_Mode] Key = M separation = 5.0 ;DON'T MODIFY convergence = 1.2 ;DON'T MODIFY type = toggle [/code] - Use [color="green"]F1[/color] when playing 3th Perspective! - Use [color="green"]F2[/color] when playing TOP perspective (Plane mode, Top or Side 2D Scroller modes) - Use [color="green"]M[/color] when viewing the MAP. - Use [color="green"]F11[/color] in the MAIN MENU. (THE GAME STARTS AUTOMATICALLY in this mode). Use F1 or F2 to change to the proper MODE after you are in the actual game! - Use [color="green"]TAB[/color] for switching to different DEPTH values of the whole HUD! (Works best in conjuration with the F1 and F2 keys!) Hope you enjoy the game and the fix! If you find anything broken, please report here! Cheers, Helifax
This is a follow-up of this thread: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/999760/3d-vision/nier-automata/

[LAST UPDATE: 29/07/2017]

===========================================================================
NieR: Automata
- Played the whole game and it looks SPECTACULAR! (Like before I recommend 3D Vision Surround, but it looks just as good on a Single Monitor:) )
- I DIDN'T MAKE THE ORIGINAL FIX! I just picked it up and finished the rest!!!

If you are not sure this game is for you please see this Review

(No story spoilers! Consider it more of a "technical" review!)

Fixed:
- UI
- Shadows
- Lights & Compute Lights
- Compute Shading
- Various broken Decals and elements
- God Rays, etc

Trailer:

================
Authors:
================
- ishiki - Made the initial fix for the game

- SGSRules - Shadows fix

- 4everAwake - Fixed the yellow circle around the character
- 4everAwake - Mostly fixed the main title screen
- 4everAwake - Disabled the distortion effect from the small pop-up screen

- Helifax - Fixed the rest of the Main Menu
- Helifax - Fixed blood/oil decals and their variations
- Helifax - Compute Shaders related to lights at different angles (those were a pain to find and export!)
- Helifax - Compute Shaders related to light tiles and clipping (visible in Amusement Park for example and other "far" locations (those were a pain to find and export!)).
- Helifax - God Rays
- Helifax - Different Convergences and Modes on F1, F2, M, TAB keys
- Helifax - Nvidia Profile with SLI support and Compatibility Support
- Helifax - Packed this fix up and adder FAR support (version 0.5.6.14). Later version MIGHT work but not guaranteed! Please see FAR description here: FAR (Fix Automata Resolution) for key shortcuts and .ini settings!

- Big thanks to Bo3b, DarkStarSword and Flugan for creating 3DMigoto and this awesome wrapper that allows us to fix our favourite DX11 games in 3D Vision!
- NVIDIA for Creating 3D Vision as a tech!

- Everyone else who contributed to this fix in any shape or form!

================
Installation:
================
- Make sure you have "Maximum pre-rendered frames" set to 1 in the GLOBAL Settings!
(HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR ANY GAME IN 3D VISION MODE!!!)

- Download the archive from here: NieR:Automata - 3D Vision Fix v.1.0
- Download the archive from here: NieR:Automata - 3D Vision Fix v.1.7
(Obviously uninstall any previous variant of the fix if any is present!)

New Version by llyzs - v.1.7
1. Updated FAR to 0.6.2.2
2. Updated 3Dmigoto to 1.2.63
3. Use automatic convergence for cutscene and menu, removed keys: F3, F11 and M.
4. Added controller right-thumb button to change convergence, please customize in [Key_Controller_Mode]
5. Fix scissor clipping in some menu elements
6. Bloom and enemy data HUD shares the exact same rendering states so make it appear only when near the screen. This can be customized in z2 (default 1.005)
7. Integrated upscale feature into ini
8. Default Global Illumination in FAR set to High due to occasional screen artifacts using Mid. Use new MinLightVolumeExtent settings to get additional FPS instead.

- Unzip everything and put it next to the game exe: Ex: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\NieRAutomata"
- Make sure you set BOTH THE GAME AND WINDOWS RESOLUTIONS TO MATCH !!! (The game likes to duplicate YOUR WINDOWS Resolution, no matter what you specify in the game's settings!)
- In the ini file you can customise the HUD separation from here:
[Constants]
;hud & ui depth
x = 0.3

- LEAVE ALL THE OTHER DEFAULT CONSTANTS AS THEY ARE!!!
- Play the game.

=============
KNOWN ISSUES:
=============
- Currently, nothing to report:)

======================
Recommended SETTINGS:
======================
- Hard to say!
- The FPS impact between LOW and HIGH Settings (AA on OFF) is minimal.
- Biggest FPS impact comes from the resolution!
- 3D Surround (2x980Ti SLI) at 5760x1080 framerate is from 40-60 FPS.
MOUSE cursor is hidden by default in FAR. Recommend playing with a Controller. You can use reWASD or any other tool to map the keyboard shortcuts (see below) to the controller. You can enable the mouse cursor back from FAR (default UI shortcuts CTRL+SHIFT+BACKSPACE).
- To disable FAR overlay press "CTRL+SHIFT+O" keys!

========================
Keyboard shortcut Keys:
========================
[Key_Convergence_3rd_person]
Key = F1
convergence = 1.2, 2.5
z = 0.0 ;DON'T MODIFY
transition = 250 ;DON'T MODIFY
transition_type = linear ;DON'T MODIFY
type = cycle ;DON'T MODIFY

[Key_Convergence_Top_View]
Key = F2
convergence = 5.0, 17.0
z = 0.0 ;DON'T MODIFY
transition = 250 ;DON'T MODIFY
transition_type = linear ;DON'T MODIFY

[KeyHUD]
Key = VK_TAB
w = 1.0, 2.0 ;DON'T MODIFY

[KeyDisableHUD]
; comma
Key = ,
w = 0.0 ;DON'T MODIFY
type = toggle ;DON'T MODIFY

[Key_Menu_Mode]
Key = F11
z = 1.0 ;DON'T MODIFY
w = 1.0 ;DON'T MODIFY
convergence = 1.2 ;DON'T MODIFY

[Key_MAP_Mode]
Key = M
separation = 5.0 ;DON'T MODIFY
convergence = 1.2 ;DON'T MODIFY
type = toggle

- Use F1 when playing 3th Perspective!
- Use F2 when playing TOP perspective (Plane mode, Top or Side 2D Scroller modes)
- Use M when viewing the MAP.
- Use F11 in the MAIN MENU. (THE GAME STARTS AUTOMATICALLY in this mode). Use F1 or F2 to change to the proper MODE after you are in the actual game!
- Use TAB for switching to different DEPTH values of the whole HUD! (Works best in conjuration with the F1 and F2 keys!)

Hope you enjoy the game and the fix! If you find anything broken, please report here!

Cheers,
Helifax

Life is as empty without Terror, as is without Love...
But thou Chaos can be beautiful...
It can not last...

-
2x Asus GTX 980Ti Strix (OC edition), Custom Water-cooling to kick the Temperature & Noise arse ^_^
-3x Asus VG278HE 3D Vision 2 monitors (3D Surround)
i7 4790K @ 5.0Ghz ontop of Asus Maximus VII Ranger
DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2133
RAID0 256GB SSDs
RAID0 2TB Mechanical HDD (WD Black)
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)
120hz 3D Samsung LCD Panel

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
256GB SSD + 1TB mechanical HDD
-
Alienware M14x R1
GT555M (1.5GB VRAM) - Regular LG LCD
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
256 SSD + 512GB mechanical HDD
-
Paypal for donations: tavyhome@gmail.com

Posted 05/08/2017 08:04 PM   
[color="orange"] If you have low FPS no matter what you do try this:[/color] [quote] Did some research and got a HUGE boost in the game by turning Global Illumination to OFF in the far settings. Now running in 4k with an average between 45 to 55 with dips to the mid 30's but completely playable now. when the game is running, press ctrl, shift, backspace to bring up the far menu and then turn global illumination to low for a nice boost or off for an even bigger boost! The difference between low and ultra (default) is very minimal. [/quote] [quote="sgsrules"]Well this is frustrating. For some reason the game all the sudden stopped working on me. If i have 3dVision enabled as soon as i launch the game everything just renders black, i can hear the audio so the game is working. If i disable 3dVision it works. I installed the final fix last night that helifax put together with the FAR mod and it was working. I've been playing this game since release and this had never happened before, i even had it working at the right res without the far mod. I completely uninstalled the fix, reinstalled it, tried it without the fix, rebooted, reistalled the game from scratch even and it's still giving me a black screen. Nothing in my configuration has changed since i played it last night wtf?! Ideas? OS reinstall? lol[/quote] Initially I had the same issue (from start) It drove me crazy for 2 hours! For me it was a 3D Vision Settings problem: - When 3D Vision is enabled & hooks the game, even if you CTRL+T to disable it, you get a static image (whatever was in the FBO at the time). In order to play it in 2D you need to disable 3D Vision completely from NVPANEL;) - I had 3D Vision enabled in Nvpanel but I put it not Automatically Start! 3D Vision still hooked the game but since it was disabled it showed me a blank image! I use this tool most of the time: http://helixmod.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/advanced-3d-vision-configuration.html Once I set my 3D Vision configuration as below, the game started and worked perfectly! Hope this helps;) [url=http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=x4bwapjb.wox.png][img]http://iforce.co.nz/i/x4bwapjb.wox.png[/img][/url] Helifax
If you have low FPS no matter what you do try this:

Did some research and got a HUGE boost in the game by turning Global Illumination to OFF in the far settings.

Now running in 4k with an average between 45 to 55 with dips to the mid 30's but completely playable now.

when the game is running, press ctrl, shift, backspace to bring up the far menu and then turn global illumination to low for a nice boost or off for an even bigger boost! The difference between low and ultra (default) is very minimal.

sgsrules said:Well this is frustrating. For some reason the game all the sudden stopped working on me. If i have 3dVision enabled as soon as i launch the game everything just renders black, i can hear the audio so the game is working. If i disable 3dVision it works. I installed the final fix last night that helifax put together with the FAR mod and it was working. I've been playing this game since release and this had never happened before, i even had it working at the right res without the far mod. I completely uninstalled the fix, reinstalled it, tried it without the fix, rebooted, reistalled the game from scratch even and it's still giving me a black screen. Nothing in my configuration has changed since i played it last night wtf?! Ideas? OS reinstall? lol

Initially I had the same issue (from start) It drove me crazy for 2 hours!
For me it was a 3D Vision Settings problem:

- When 3D Vision is enabled & hooks the game, even if you CTRL+T to disable it, you get a static image (whatever was in the FBO at the time). In order to play it in 2D you need to disable 3D Vision completely from NVPANEL;)

- I had 3D Vision enabled in Nvpanel but I put it not Automatically Start! 3D Vision still hooked the game but since it was disabled it showed me a blank image!

I use this tool most of the time:
http://helixmod.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/advanced-3d-vision-configuration.html

Once I set my 3D Vision configuration as below, the game started and worked perfectly!
Hope this helps;)

Helifax

It can not last...

-
2x Asus GTX 980Ti Strix (OC edition), Custom Water-cooling to kick the Temperature & Noise arse ^_^
RAID0 256GB SSDs
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
-
Alienware M14x R1
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
-

Posted 05/08/2017 08:06 PM   
Thanks to all involved in the fix... looks fantastic! Could use a little help - I am getting some GPU usage/FPS, etc. data reporting in the upper left corner of the screen - don't know how to turn it off. Looked through the instructions, but didn't see any mention of a toggle and I wasn't confident enough that I was finding the right line in the .ini to edit. And, apparently randomly banging keys is not producing the desired outcome! Apologies in advance for what is probably a very simple solution to a stupid question :-)
Thanks to all involved in the fix... looks fantastic!

Could use a little help - I am getting some GPU usage/FPS, etc. data reporting in the upper left corner of the screen - don't know how to turn it off. Looked through the instructions, but didn't see any mention of a toggle and I wasn't confident enough that I was finding the right line in the .ini to edit. And, apparently randomly banging keys is not producing the desired outcome!

Apologies in advance for what is probably a very simple solution to a stupid question :-)

GeForce 1060 6 GB * Driver 382.05 * Intel i7-3770 * Windows 7 * 8 GB Ram * Asus 1920 x 1080/120hz

Posted 05/08/2017 08:49 PM   
[quote="TheBigDogma"]Thanks to all involved in the fix... looks fantastic! Could use a little help - I am getting some GPU usage/FPS, etc. data reporting in the upper left corner of the screen - don't know how to turn it off. Looked through the instructions, but didn't see any mention of a toggle and I wasn't confident enough that I was finding the right line in the .ini to edit. And, apparently randomly banging keys is not producing the desired outcome! Apologies in advance for what is probably a very simple solution to a stupid question :-)[/quote] Ah yes, That is FAR: https://steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/135512104777399045/ To disable the overlay simply press [color="green"]"CTRL+SHIFT+O" keys[/color]. It should go "away" ;) (FAR is required to actually render the game to the selected resolution and not upscale it;) ) Hope this helps! Edit: Updated the description with this information;) Thank you for pointing it out!
TheBigDogma said:Thanks to all involved in the fix... looks fantastic!

Could use a little help - I am getting some GPU usage/FPS, etc. data reporting in the upper left corner of the screen - don't know how to turn it off. Looked through the instructions, but didn't see any mention of a toggle and I wasn't confident enough that I was finding the right line in the .ini to edit. And, apparently randomly banging keys is not producing the desired outcome!

Apologies in advance for what is probably a very simple solution to a stupid question :-)

Ah yes, That is FAR:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/135512104777399045/

To disable the overlay simply press "CTRL+SHIFT+O" keys. It should go "away" ;)
(FAR is required to actually render the game to the selected resolution and not upscale it;) )

Hope this helps!

Edit:
Updated the description with this information;)
Thank you for pointing it out!

It can not last...

-
RAID0 256GB SSDs
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
-
Alienware M14x R1
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
-

Posted 05/08/2017 08:58 PM   
Thanks Helifax!
Thanks Helifax!

GeForce 1060 6 GB * Driver 382.05 * Intel i7-3770 * Windows 7 * 8 GB Ram * Asus 1920 x 1080/120hz

Posted 05/08/2017 09:10 PM   
Found a problem with the FIX! Addressing it NOW!
Found a problem with the FIX!
Addressing it NOW!

It can not last...

-
RAID0 256GB SSDs
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
-
Alienware M14x R1
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
-

Posted 05/08/2017 09:56 PM   
Helifax, you are one crazy, awesome son of a bitch
Helifax, you are one crazy, awesome son of a bitch

Posted 05/08/2017 10:07 PM   
Fixed the problem so now you shouldn't hear the "BOP BOP BOP BOP" (beeps) in the beginning;) Just overwrite the old files with the new ones;)
Fixed the problem so now you shouldn't hear the "BOP BOP BOP BOP" (beeps) in the beginning;)
Just overwrite the old files with the new ones;)

It can not last...

-
RAID0 256GB SSDs
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
-
Alienware M14x R1
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
-

Posted 05/08/2017 10:12 PM   
Thanks so much guys for this awesome fix.
Thanks so much guys for this awesome fix.

Asus Deluxe Gen3, Core i7 2700k@4.5Ghz, GTX 1080Ti, 16 GB RAM, Win 7 64bit
Samsung Pro 250 GB SSD, 4 TB WD Black (games)
Benq XL2720Z

Posted 05/09/2017 02:38 AM   
Thanks! Looks amazing. 3D perfection. Getting pretty poor performance however, sub 30 fps with dips to 22 and changing some of the settings didn't seem to help. I remember people mentioning that there were a few settings in far that when disabled nearly doubled FPS for some people. Any idea of which settings or how would you edit advanced graphics in far and will that break the 3D fix?
Thanks!

Looks amazing. 3D perfection.

Getting pretty poor performance however, sub 30 fps with dips to 22 and changing some of the settings didn't seem to help. I remember people mentioning that there were a few settings in far that when disabled nearly doubled FPS for some people. Any idea of which settings or how would you edit advanced graphics in far and will that break the 3D fix?

Posted 05/09/2017 04:25 AM   
Did some research and got a HUGE boost in the game by turning Global Illumination to OFF in the far settings. Now running in 4k with an average between 45 to 55 with dips to the mid 30's but completely playable now. when the game is running, press ctrl, shift, backspace to bring up the far menu and then turn global illumination to low for a nice boost or off for an even bigger boost! The difference between low and ultra (default) is very minimal.
Did some research and got a HUGE boost in the game by turning Global Illumination to OFF in the far settings.

Now running in 4k with an average between 45 to 55 with dips to the mid 30's but completely playable now.

when the game is running, press ctrl, shift, backspace to bring up the far menu and then turn global illumination to low for a nice boost or off for an even bigger boost! The difference between low and ultra (default) is very minimal.

Posted 05/09/2017 05:05 AM   
Thnaks thanks thanks !! I met a small problem with the fix. Apparently, this is due to the bad portage of the game on pc. I had the following error graphic startup () failed. No graphic memory. From what I read it is a problem of using the gpu by the game. On the other hand, the semi fix worked perfectly with FAR. So i compared the semi fix and the fix and I found my problem in the d3dx.ini. Here is what I changed in d3dx.ini : I replaced the line allow_platform_update = 1 by ;allow_platform_update = 1 and the game works correctly (Far and 3D fix) but I do not know what I did for the game. @Helifax, or another Would you tell me if I can leave like this? And what does this line mean?
Thnaks thanks thanks !!

I met a small problem with the fix. Apparently, this is due to the bad portage of the game on pc. I had the following error graphic startup () failed. No graphic memory.

From what I read it is a problem of using the gpu by the game. On the other hand, the semi fix worked perfectly with FAR. So i compared the semi fix and the fix and I found my problem in the d3dx.ini.

Here is what I changed in d3dx.ini : I replaced the line
allow_platform_update = 1
by
;allow_platform_update = 1 and the game works correctly (Far and 3D fix) but I do not know what I did for the game.

@Helifax, or another

Would you tell me if I can leave like this? And what does this line mean?

Nvidia it's for you ==> This retrieval of old pseudo becomes annoying !!

Lenyskills aka norbert72 aka norbert.steiger72 !!

ASUS VG248QE - 3D Vision 2 - GTX 1080 - i7 7700 - 16GB RAM - Win 10 / WIN 7

Posted 05/09/2017 09:43 AM   
[quote="Conan481"]Did some research and got a HUGE boost in the game by turning Global Illumination to OFF in the far settings. Now running in 4k with an average between 45 to 55 with dips to the mid 30's but completely playable now. when the game is running, press ctrl, shift, backspace to bring up the far menu and then turn global illumination to low for a nice boost or off for an even bigger boost! The difference between low and ultra (default) is very minimal.[/quote] Thank you for letting us know;) Wasn't aware or that!
Conan481 said:Did some research and got a HUGE boost in the game by turning Global Illumination to OFF in the far settings.

Thank you for letting us know;) Wasn't aware or that!

It can not last...

-
RAID0 256GB SSDs
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
-
Alienware M14x R1
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
-

Posted 05/09/2017 09:50 AM   
Thank You so much for the fix! "Glory to Shadehackers!" On the other hand... but I don't won't to spoil the story ;)
Thank You so much for the fix! "Glory to Shadehackers!" On the other hand... but I don't won't to spoil the story ;)

Posted 05/09/2017 10:55 AM   
[quote="lenyskills"]Thnaks thanks thanks !! I met a small problem with the fix. Apparently, this is due to the bad portage of the game on pc. I had the following error graphic startup () failed. No graphic memory. From what I read it is a problem of using the gpu by the game. On the other hand, the semi fix worked perfectly with FAR. So i compared the semi fix and the fix and I found my problem in the d3dx.ini. Here is what I changed in d3dx.ini : I replaced the line allow_platform_update = 1 by ;allow_platform_update = 1 and the game works correctly (Far and 3D fix) but I do not know what I did for the game. @Helifax, or another Would you tell me if I can leave like this? And what does this line mean?[/quote] From the .ini file: [quote] The allow_platform_update option allows the D3D11Device1 and D3D11Context1 interfaces introduced in Windows 8 and the platform update of Windows 7. [/quote] The fact that you get problems with this is weird... It shouldn't trigger a problem, but software and hardware configurations are strange and diverse;) So, if setting that one to 0 makes the fix work for you, it's awesome!
lenyskills said:Thnaks thanks thanks !!

I met a small problem with the fix. Apparently, this is due to the bad portage of the game on pc. I had the following error graphic startup () failed. No graphic memory.

From what I read it is a problem of using the gpu by the game. On the other hand, the semi fix worked perfectly with FAR. So i compared the semi fix and the fix and I found my problem in the d3dx.ini.

Here is what I changed in d3dx.ini : I replaced the line
allow_platform_update = 1
by
;allow_platform_update = 1 and the game works correctly (Far and 3D fix) but I do not know what I did for the game.

@Helifax, or another

Would you tell me if I can leave like this? And what does this line mean?

From the .ini file:

The allow_platform_update option allows the D3D11Device1 and D3D11Context1 interfaces introduced in Windows 8 and the platform update of Windows 7.

The fact that you get problems with this is weird... It shouldn't trigger a problem, but software and hardware configurations are strange and diverse;) So, if setting that one to 0 makes the fix work for you, it's awesome!

It can not last...

-
RAID0 256GB SSDs
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
-
Alienware M14x R1