All games stuttering with FPS drops since Windows 10 Creators Update
  1 / 154    
As the title suggests, all my games are stuttering with major FPS drops on my X99/6800K/1080 rig. Everything was 100% until the update and now it's not. In Battlefield 4 and BF1 I have a weird kind of latency feel and then the framerate drops from ~130 to ~40 for no reason, it then reverts and repeats. The same thing happens in other games like Overwatch, Rocket League, etc. I've tried reverting drivers, clean driver installs, disabling/enableing GameDVR and GameMode in Win10 to no avail. I am at a complete loss what to do. Any help greatly appreciated!
As the title suggests, all my games are stuttering with major FPS drops on my X99/6800K/1080 rig.
Everything was 100% until the update and now it's not.

In Battlefield 4 and BF1 I have a weird kind of latency feel and then the framerate drops from ~130 to ~40 for no reason, it then reverts and repeats.

The same thing happens in other games like Overwatch, Rocket League, etc.

I've tried reverting drivers, clean driver installs, disabling/enableing GameDVR and GameMode in Win10 to no avail.

I am at a complete loss what to do.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Posted 04/17/2017 08:52 PM   
Having similar issues, though not quite as extreme. Battlefield 1 has frequent fps drops for me as well hitting the 40's regularly now playing with vsync (beforehand I never went below 60fps with ultra preset @ 1440) 361.85/Creators/gtx 1080 ftw/16gb ram/ i5 3.4ghz
Having similar issues, though not quite as extreme. Battlefield 1 has frequent fps drops for me as well
hitting the 40's regularly now playing with vsync (beforehand I never went below 60fps with ultra preset @ 1440)

361.85/Creators/gtx 1080 ftw/16gb ram/ i5 3.4ghz

Posted 04/18/2017 02:00 AM   
Yes, noticed this too. I really don't know, what's the cause for the stuttering. Played the first Mirror's Edge again and even at lowest settings, the game stutters in several areas. I'm quite sure, that it hasn't stuttered so bad the last time I've played.
Yes, noticed this too. I really don't know, what's the cause for the stuttering. Played the first Mirror's Edge again and even at lowest settings, the game stutters in several areas. I'm quite sure, that it hasn't stuttered so bad the last time I've played.

Posted 04/18/2017 11:36 AM   
Good to know I'm not entirely crazy then! I wonder will I have to resort to reinstalling the previous version of Win10 for now?
Good to know I'm not entirely crazy then! I wonder will I have to resort to reinstalling the previous version of Win10 for now?

Posted 04/18/2017 11:52 AM   
Me, too. My HP Omen gaming laptop used to perform beatifully until this update. Now, I can barely turn to look in either direction in a game. 381.65/Creators/gtx 860M/16gb ram/i7 This computer should be kicking ass. Instead, it is a weeping, crawling, invalid. Please fix this.
Me, too. My HP Omen gaming laptop used to perform beatifully until this update. Now, I can barely turn to look in either direction in a game.

381.65/Creators/gtx 860M/16gb ram/i7

This computer should be kicking ass. Instead, it is a weeping, crawling, invalid. Please fix this.

Posted 04/18/2017 09:00 PM   
Check that the DVR is disabled in the Xbox app. The update conveniently turns it back on for you.
Check that the DVR is disabled in the Xbox app. The update conveniently turns it back on for you.

Posted 04/18/2017 09:12 PM   
Here I was with FPS drop problem also, resolved by disabling the service DiagTrack
Here I was with FPS drop problem also, resolved by disabling the service DiagTrack

Posted 04/18/2017 10:05 PM   
Why do I even have the XBox app? I didn't ask for it? Microsoft sucks. What is DiagTrack? I guess I'll have to look it up. I would switch to Mac. But, they can't run my games.
Why do I even have the XBox app? I didn't ask for it? Microsoft sucks. What is DiagTrack? I guess I'll have to look it up. I would switch to Mac. But, they can't run my games.

Posted 04/19/2017 01:33 AM   
Wow, the Xbox DVR was the culprit. Amazing. Thanks Cacarlos!!!
Wow, the Xbox DVR was the culprit. Amazing. Thanks Cacarlos!!!

Posted 04/19/2017 01:44 AM   
Tried both disable Xbox DVR and the service DiagTrack . Still doesn't work. My laptop is an HP omen, too. With NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, and now it even has a problem running World of Warcraft. Any suggestion?
Tried both disable Xbox DVR and the service DiagTrack . Still doesn't work.
My laptop is an HP omen, too. With NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, and now it even has a problem running World of Warcraft.
Any suggestion?

Posted 04/19/2017 02:56 AM   
I found the solution. Tried everything (vsync on/off, xbox dvr, directx/graphics everything reinstalled. nothing worked This worked for me : [b] Right-click your game > Properties > Compatibility Tab > Disable Fullscreen optimisation > OK.[/b] But now I found 1 side-effect of disabling it. When I press Alt-Tab in game, it freezes.......
I found the solution. Tried everything (vsync on/off, xbox dvr, directx/graphics everything reinstalled. nothing worked

This worked for me :

Right-click your game > Properties > Compatibility Tab > Disable Fullscreen optimisation > OK.

But now I found 1 side-effect of disabling it. When I press Alt-Tab in game, it freezes.......

Posted 04/19/2017 01:04 PM   
Since the creator's update there is a gaming option built into windows 10 now, and this is most probably the culprit disable the following: Settings - Gaming - Game DVR & (also Game Mode)
Since the creator's update there is a gaming option built into windows 10 now, and this is most probably the culprit disable the following: Settings - Gaming - Game DVR & (also Game Mode)

Posted 04/23/2017 05:27 PM   
I had FPS drops as well. Seems I turned on 'Storage Senese' when I installed creators, turned it off and the dips have all but gone.
I had FPS drops as well. Seems I turned on 'Storage Senese' when I installed creators, turned it off and the dips have all but gone.

Posted 04/24/2017 10:41 AM   
Thank you guys for the input. After the creators update my whole system became extremely slow. CPU usage while running the same applications has more than doubled compared to pre update and I am unable to understand or track down a single service/application that might cause this - it looks like applications just in general use up more resources. Will try the suggestions and post back results, perhaps someone has a similar issue and shares a similar config? 7700k, aorus 7, 1080ti, 960 evo, 840evo etc.
Thank you guys for the input. After the creators update my whole system became extremely slow. CPU usage while running the same applications has more than doubled compared to pre update and I am unable to understand or track down a single service/application that might cause this - it looks like applications just in general use up more resources. Will try the suggestions and post back results, perhaps someone has a similar issue and shares a similar config?
7700k, aorus 7, 1080ti, 960 evo, 840evo etc.

Posted 04/24/2017 03:15 PM   
I am having the same issue as well after installing Creators Update.
I am having the same issue as well after installing Creators Update.

Posted 04/24/2017 03:42 PM   
  1 / 154    
Scroll To Top